Genre Fanart
I am using xbmc 9.11 (until i can get everything to work on Ubuntu 10.10 with Dharma). Does this version support Genre fanart? If so where do I add the fanart?

I added the fanart to Media>Extras folder and nothing happened. I tried searching but couldnt find too much on Genre Fanart except a post about it on windows using Dharma.

Thanks
splnuts Wrote:I am using xbmc 9.11 (until i can get everything to work on Ubuntu 10.10 with Dharma). Does this version support Genre fanart? If so where do I add the fanart?

I added the fanart to Media>Extras folder and nothing happened. I tried searching but couldnt find too much on Genre Fanart except a post about it on windows using Dharma.

Thanks

only some skins seem to implement it. and the genre icons are stored within the skins folder structure somewhere.

transparency! is one skin that definitely features this (may need enabling in skin settings)
just realized you said "fanart" and not "icons". as for this i think its the same thing. the skin has to support it and will come with the fanart included. unfortunately i cant confirm which skins support this.
its time to upgrade to Dharma and get rid of camelot

Night and Dharma play gerat with all the bells and whistles,

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:its time to upgrade to Dharma and get rid of camelot

-=Jason=-

well he obviously likes to stick with the stable builds, so he cant really do that yet since dharma hasn't been fully released
rudeboyx Wrote:well he obviously likes to stick with the stable builds, so he cant really do that yet since dharma hasn't been fully released

Dharma is pretty damn stable ATM, but I didn't see where the OP said he solely wanted to stick to stable builds.

does T! support this option in Camelot?

-=Jason=-
fair enough, probably just reading between the lines. but as i said i cant confirm that any skin supports this. although i heard of it some time ago. cant remember which skin was involved. but it was definitely a Camelot supported feature. (probably because it was all the skins work and the xbmc build doesn't matter)
This weekend I want to get my extra folders, moviegenre/musicgenre, out from the /media folder and at the root of the skin so users can add or change icons easier.

But as of now genre fanart should be located:
Quote:skin.night\media\extras\genrefanart

The old version of when I stopped supporting 9.11 can't remember if I had the code to support 'genre fanart' in that build of Night...

When I make the change it will be:
Quote:skin.night\extras\genrefanart

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
and just an FYI for the OP here is a list of skins and features they all have

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Com...n_features

you'll notice Night is leading the way in the feature department. its by far the best skin out there ATM IMHO

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:and just an FYI for the OP here is a list of skins and features they all have

you'll notice Night is leading the way in the feature department. its by far the best skin out there ATM IMHO

-=Jason=-

Agreed.

Ill play around with it some more. I had Dharma installed but couldnt get the wireless to work for some reason using XBMCfreak install. Maybe Ill play around with it some more this weekend. (I used the xci script to setup the current wireless).

Thanks for the info.
Flomaster Wrote:and just an FYI for the OP here is a list of skins and features they all have

-=Jason=-

I agree Flo. You converted me over here. Smile
my mission to Convert everyone to Night Skin...

I can't even use another skin now after using Night I am so spoiled.

-=Jason=-
Same here. I try new skins every once in a while just because I like to mix things up, but they always have little things wrong with them that make me come back to Night.

And the fact that it is ahead of the curve with feature development is just icing on the cake. Mcborzu is very responsive in this community so that is definitely a plus as well.
Hi there

I don`t find the genre cover folder on my OSX Mac Mini. I use the latest dharma beta 4 Version.
Please give a tip how I find it.

Cheers
mcborzu Wrote:...
But as of now genre fanart should be located:
Quote:skin.night\media\extras\genrefanart

this works for movies, but not for music... is there a possibility to set for music as well?!
:rofl: greetz DanielOcean :rofl:

MY SYSTEM PIC 1 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 2 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Genre Fanart0