Wii remote Acer Revo XBMC Live Dharma Beta 2
So close yet so far. I have gotten XBMC to pick up the wii remote using the instructions found here

http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/xbmc-ion/module/6

This worked great. Restarted XBMC and it picks up the wii remote is connected. Hitting 1+2 connects the wii remote and it shows my battery signal strength. I can navigate around and I was pretty pumped (wife yawned) Then moving around my skin and it disconnects? Hit 1+2 and it connects, move around and again disconnects. Did this 4 maybe 5 times and finally it stopped being able to reconnect

Logs can be found here

http://pastebin.com/4WjSVpW4

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Bump anyone offer any thoughts?

Thanks
Have you checked the batteries? The battery level indicator isn't always the best to go by. I'm assuming you have a Wii, doe the Wiimote work correctly with that. If you connect to the Wii, how many of the blue LEDs flash before it's sync'd. That's another way of telling how much juice the batteries have left.

BTW, I read through the page you linked to. You don't need the MAC address of the Wiimote in the rc.local script. In fact, if you have more than one Wiimote, I wouldn't recommend it, as that's the only one that will connect. Other than that it's fine.

So I'd just have the following in the rc.local script:
Code:
xbmc-wiiremote &

I've been using my Wiimote to navigate XBMC for well over a year now with nary an issue.
Thanks I will check it out. Havent used the Wii for a bit so the batteries could be low and XBMC was reporting the battery at over 25% so i wasnt worried...
Thanks you were right...cant believe i didnt check that...

The wii works great to control XBMC
Pumkinut since you have been using a wiimote for xbmc so long i have a question

I connected and all was working great. I stopped using it for 10-15 minutes and the pairing had been disconnected and then i was no longer able to pair again? Any thoughts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wii remote Acer Revo XBMC Live Dharma Beta 20