Browse playlist instead of instant playing
I've installed the new version of Transparency (haven't updated for over a year, since the 9.11 version of XBMC), and I love it. I also love the addon-system of the Dharma-version!

I'm looking for a solution for the following issue. I think there are several ways to a solution, but I don't know how to get there Smile

On my NAS I have three folders with movies, 'movies for me', 'movies for gf', 'movies for us both'. All movies are loaded into the library, but I want to be able to browse them seperate from each other. When I browse for a movie, I don't wanna be bothered with chick flicks and vice versa.

I have created 3 smart playlists which each contain the movies in the folders I mentioned. This works fine. Now I want to access these playlists from the main menu of Transparency, and here lies the problem...

When I add a smart playlist, it automatically plays the first movie on the list, instead of browsing the contents of the playlist. I can see in the menusettings of Transparency that the action is 'PlayMedia'.

There's a workaround, first going to favourites, and then access the playlist (I added the playlists to the favourites), but it's not the nicest solution Smile

Basically, what I want to know is this: is there a way in Transparency to access a playlist from the main menu and browse it contents instead of automatically playing the items on it? Is there a file I can edit, or anything else? And can I change the order of the menu items also?
MrWolf Wrote:Basically, what I want to know is this: is there a way in Transparency to access a playlist from the main menu and browse it contents instead of automatically playing the items on it? Is there a file I can edit, or anything else? And can I change the order of the menu items also?

the next version will have an option to select 'play' or 'browse' for playlists.

for the time being, you can edit custom_DialogFavourites.xml
and change: RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=play)
to: RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=window)

after making this change, you need to re-add your playlists to the menu.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks, that was easy Wink

Is there a way to change the order of the items in het main menu?
MrWolf Wrote:Is there a way to change the order of the items in het main menu?

this has to be hardcoded in the skin, so there's no way i can make it user-configurable.

the menu is defined in Includes_Home.xml, you can swap the menu entries around there if you want.
search the file for <control type="list" id="5040">, then scroll down till you get to the <content> section.

the way the items are listed in the file, is the way they appear on the menu.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hei

Is it possible to not show the "goback" icon ontop of the browsed movies, so you just se the movieposters and dont have the ability to go back to the playlist section? You understand? I cant explain it better whit my poor english
joeranjensen Wrote:Hei

Is it possible to not show the "goback" icon ontop of the browsed movies, so you just se the movieposters and dont have the ability to go back to the playlist section? You understand? I cant explain it better whit my poor english

you can disable this option:
Settings > Appearance > File Lists > Show parent folder items
ronie Wrote:you can disable this option:
Settings > Appearance > File Lists > Show parent folder items

Nice, that was easySmile ty

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Browse playlist instead of instant playing0