[ATV] Meaning of CodecInfo values
When I press the codecinfo I see a number of values on the screen some are clear some less so
Is there an explanation of the information?
More specifically there are the following which I do not understand
In the second row D: in the P section I see video quality, decoder, Mb/s and drop that are clear but what is pc? Most of the time is 24 which seems the frame rate but I am not sure
The second row seems to have to do with the cpu
ad is always 0, a/v seems some audio video difference, edl:- no idea, and the dcpu, acpu and vcpu which are clear)
Finally the section W seems to have fps and cpu which are clear and on the sime there is another section that is only active when you put sync audio/video on
I see the refresh rate, the missed packets or maybe frames, the speed 0.1% which I believe has to do with the conversion from 23.976 fps, then a sync % and error that is pretty much 25% all times
I would love to know what this info means!
Anybody can help?
I wondered the exact same thing some time ago, and found this...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=488092&postcount=7
Excellent. Many thanks I was searching the forum without results
So this explains everything except the S section which I believe has to do with with the sync audio and video
interceptor121 Wrote:Excellent. Many thanks I was searching the forum without results
So this explains everything except the S section which I believe has to do with with the sync audio and video

No problem. Here's something else I found about the S-section. You're right in that it only appears when you have "Sync playback to display" enabled. There's also some more about the "speed" and "missed" values towards the bottom of the post here

Quote:From VideoreferenceClock.cpp/.h:

S(refresh:60 - current refreshrate

missed:35 - total number of clock updates missed

speed:+0.100% - the frequency of the clock set by dvdplayer/frequency of the systemclock

sync:46% - m_presentcorr
error:31% - m_presenterr

m_presentcorr and m_presenterr are in RenderManager.cpp/h but from a quick glance at the code I can't see what they mean.

JR
When I look in the log I see that if I set sync playback to display to off it still uses the audio clock
Though in terms of dropped frames this seems marginally better than drop/dupe however the playback seems more jittery at times regardless of less frame drops
Thats because, as far as I know, syncing to the audio clock is the default method of audio/video synchronization, i.e. the best way to keep the video and audio in sync is to use the audio clock which means that the audio will always be perfectly in sync during playback at the expense of dropped frames as the video is synced to it (if it can't keep up). Drop/dupe (and resample audio) both use the video clock instead and so are the opposite way round (the audio is synced to the video), although frames will obviously still be dropped if it can't keep up.
All in all I think I am more sensitive to jitter in the video than possible clicks in the audio I only hear this very occasionally so I would guess in my case this is the best way as opposed to have dropped frames or variable frame rates that make the video look jittery
What is weird is that in total it actually drops less frames with audio clock because probably is less demanding on the CPU?
Anyway horses for courses!
Only resampling uses more cpu, drop/dupe and audio clock use practically no cpu.
Thanks for the clarification bobo1on1
Would you agree drop/dupe produces better video than audio/clock in general terms?
Yes, because it doesn't influence video timing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] Meaning of CodecInfo values0