Problem Getting Banners To Show
I've been away from XBMC for awhile and just started back up. I am running Dharma Beta4. I am sure this will be an easy fix but I've tried anything I can think of and it is beyond frustrating.

I basically just can not get banners to show unless I go in to the show info tab and select the banner out of the TV show folder. My TV show folders are "../Shows/TV Series/Season 01/s01e01.avi." Inside the TV Series folder I have an image for folder,banner,landscape,poster,clearart,logo,season-all.tbn,and each seasonXX.tbn.

I've gone in to the skin options and checked it to use banners not posters yet it still just stretches the poster to banner size. I've wiped my images and nfo files and tried ember media manager, media companion, and XBMC itself to scrape to see if I did something wrong but I still can't figure it out. Maybe I have to go in to each TV show and tell it to use the banner but I was really hoping at this point, and with the skin option, I wouldn't have to.

I have looked through the forums and google and I do apologize if I missed a topic with the answer somewhere on here. The only thing I found I believe was referring to the non beta version and I even made sure to check that.

If it matters I am currently trying Media Companion and having it get the poster images for the folder.jpg and season-all.tbn and using logo downloader script to get the clearart,logo,landscape, and banner images.
Sounds like you're naming the file wrong. The banner should be called folder.jpg, not banner.jpg or whatever you might be calling it.
Yes, I have it as banner.jpg because from what I've read that is what I believed to be the best option. I was really hoping to keep folder.jpg,poster.jpg,and banner.jpg so that depending on the skin used I could easily use whichever worked better. Which is what i assumed the option under Skin settings was for. Having to redownload poster or banner for each series or having to edit the info for each series to use the banner seems like something that would be easy to implement in XBMC itself.

I am curious though that if you have to choose either banner or poster for your folder.jpg what is the option under skin to use either banner or poster in TV shows for?
That option will tell it what to try and download from TVDB when downloading show info, not what file to use.
Well if that's how it is then that's really too bad. There isn't a script out there or, since i've never written a script, is there an easy way to get XBMC to change the folder.jpg to banner.jpg for every series. Maybe have a script for poster and one for banner so that ya just run the script instead of going through each one and redoing them.

I've never even begun to look into coding something for this and it seems easy enough of a script if possible. So if there isn't something like this out there currently some help or links to some how to's would be awesome.
Just wanted to chime in i agree that this should be changed. There is little logic in a file being named folder having a banner type dimension. Or better yet just adding in the code to use a banner file if it exist otherwise use folder. Is this not a simple skin edit to confluence? I use tv rename i'm guessing many others might as well since it seems to be the best for tv shows where ember is great for movies. Just my thoughts on the matter.
It's not really an XBMC issue so much as a skin issue. Some skins do understand both folder.jpg and banner.jpg, but afaik confluence isnt one of them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Getting Banners To Show0