• 3(current)
[Mod] Influence Dharma
bodhi Wrote:That was quick! I was about to report a missing file (Add source dialog) and you've already fixed it in this version! Will try this and let you know.

Also I've been hacking the Movies' MediaListView3 in ViewsVideoLibrary.xml to make it more transparent and Fanart's oriented. Would you accept changes? (I could upload it using mediafire or PM).

Thanks!
Yes I accept changes , of course .
Send me the file to the following adress y i a r k y i a r k (AT) gmail
A little slideshow to presente Influence Dharma in action :-)
Slideshow Influence Dharma
New version RC2
Influence Dharma V1 RC2

New feature:
Add Carousel for customize Menu
fix issues
New texture and colours
Clearart for Movie and TvShow
A new view Media Info 3 (thanks bodhi)

Download and try, I need your feedback Big Grin
RC2 file was "not found" at first, but now it's available, thanks

By the way, great skin, excellent customization.
Are you planning on adding the advanced launcher view with fanart?
pingomister Wrote:On downloading rc2: "file not found"
The link is available now , sorry.

pingomister Wrote:By the way, great skin, excellent customization.
Are you planning on adding the advanced launcher view with fanart?

Yes it's in my plan , I already started the job but it will not avaliable in the version 1.0.
Please add studio flags (or provisions of adding by user) & provision of checking weather from home menu.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
yiarkyiark Wrote:New version RC2
Influence Dharma V1 RC2

New feature:
Add Carousel for customize Menu
fix issues
New texture and colours
Clearart for Movie and TvShow
A new view Media Info 3 (thanks bodhi)

Download and try, I need your feedback Big Grin

1. When I open file MyVideoNav.xml with with XML Notepad, it reported a syntax error at line 9 pos 63 ("=" is an unexpected token, expected token is ";"). Must be this line?
Code:
<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(script.TvTunes,backend=True&amploop=False)</onfocus>

2. Now playing Music fanart displayed on top of the default background on Home page (default background picture should disappear when music fanart is showing).

3. Switching to and from different video views inside Movies Titles, the focus was sometime lost (did not land on the top ".." or on previously select title). I need to move the mouse pointer back to the ".." or any title to regain focus.

4. In order to remove the gray bottom so that the screen is completely transparent in showing fanart, I manually removed the XML code for the image ContentPanel4.png in MyVideoNav.xml (and it works!). Is there a way to optionally turn it off in the skin?
bodhi Wrote:1. When I open file MyVideoNav.xml with with XML Notepad, it reported a syntax error at line 9 pos 63 ("=" is an unexpected token, expected token is ";"). Must be this line?
Code:
<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(script.TvTunes,backend=True&amploop=False)</onfocus>
Hmm, it seems OK

bodhi Wrote:2. Now playing Music fanart displayed on top of the default background on Home page (default background picture should disappear when music fanart is showing).
I don't understand, if you have fanart , the fanart appear, if you don't have fanart default background appear. I'll test it later
bodhi Wrote:3. Switching to and from different video views inside Movies Titles, the focus was sometime lost (did not land on the top ".." or on previously select title). I need to move the mouse pointer back to the ".." or any title to regain focus.
Download RC2 again, i fixed this issue in lastest seconds
bodhi Wrote:4. In order to remove the gray bottom so that the screen is completely transparent in showing fanart, I manually removed the XML code for the image ContentPanel4.png in MyVideoNav.xml (and it works!). Is there a way to optionally turn it off in the skin?
[/quote]
May be i'll remove ContentPanel4 definitively.
Thanks, RC2 fixed the focus problem. However, the artist fanart is still displayed on top of Music home background when playing a track and escape to exit all the way to the home page.

Other than that, I've tried various new views, they all work fine!

The music CU lyrics addon works fine, too! but one thing I notice is the artist fanart or other default background does not shown while in playing music in full-screen (pressing tab button). And I'm not using Visualization. Perhaps the CU Lyrics has something to do with that? or is that just the way the full-screen music works? It behave this way whether the lyrics are showing or not. Updated: never mind, I did not enable this in the skin. It works fine showing fanart background now.

This skin is great, you've added all the features that Confluence lacks Big Grin
Influence is a skin based on Confluence, It includes all its features but have a slightly different approach based on texture transparency enhancement in order to highlight fanarts. The other main feature of this skin is to have fully customizable menus, modifying, deleting or adding some with an intuitive interface. It also carries most of the successfull skin features (logo, clearart, fanart, ...)

Influence Dharma 1.0.0
Big Grin
Hi.
Thanks a lot for this great skin! After using it one day it's my new favourite.

Some small questions:

I use two video addons, Youtube and XOT, which I want to reach easily from my home menu (that's the primary reason for leaving confluence in favour of influence). I assigned one menu to Youtube, which added ActivateWindow(10024,plugin://plugin.video.youtube/). Works perfectly. I then did the same thing to XOT, but got nothing. I manually added ActivateWindow(10024,plugin://net.rieter.xot/) which works perfect. But why did it do this automatically for Youtube and not for XOT?

I also wonder if there's a way to get weather backgrounds depending on weather? I had this in the old Aeon days, still have all the numbered folders with pictures sitting on my drive.

Another thing I really miss from Aeon is the possibility to have a main menu item for playing DVD. I guess I could create this myself as a custom menu, but the menu item in Aeon also magically disappeared when the disc was ejected, which in my opinion was beautiful. Is this possible?

Also (I don't really know how those things work) is there any reason for Influence for not being in the official repository? It really should, it´s miles better than some of the other skins there.

Thanks once again Big Grin

/Daniel
Daniel Malmgren Wrote:I use two video addons, Youtube and XOT, which I want to reach easily from my home menu (that's the primary reason for leaving confluence in favour of influence). I assigned one menu to Youtube, which added ActivateWindow(10024,plugin://plugin.video.youtube/). Works perfectly. I then did the same thing to XOT, but got nothing. I manually added ActivateWindow(10024,plugin://net.rieter.xot/) which works perfect. But why did it do this automatically for Youtube and not for XOT?
Because the plugin name don't start by "plugin." but "net.".

Daniel Malmgren Wrote:I also wonder if there's a way to get weather backgrounds depending on weather? I had this in the old Aeon days, still have all the numbered folders with pictures sitting on my drive.
You got it, go to Weather Menu, paramater, use fanart
Daniel Malmgren Wrote:Another thing I really miss from Aeon is the possibility to have a main menu item for playing DVD. I guess I could create this myself as a custom menu, but the menu item in Aeon also magically disappeared when the disc was ejected, which in my opinion was beautiful. Is this possible?
This is a great idea, i 'll do that
Daniel Malmgren Wrote:Also (I don't really know how those things work) is there any reason for Influence for not being in the official repository? It really should, it´s miles better than some of the other skins there.
May be I have to ask someone in team XBMC

Thanks
yiarkyiark Wrote:Because the plugin name don't start by "plugin." but "net.".

Is this an accepted naming standard? If so, I guess I could inform the maker of XOT about this...

yiarkyiark Wrote:You got it, go to Weather Menu, paramater, use fanart

Ah. Just a matter of me not searching at the right place then. I'll look again.

yiarkyiark Wrote:This is a great idea, i 'll do that

Thanks a lot!

/Daniel
Hello. Once again, what a wonderful mod, amazing improvement over original Confluence. However, there seems to be a big problem:

Some views seem to have lost the border indicating when an item is selected; there is only a faint glow now, which makes them unusable. For example: "thumbnails" view, in file mode, or "wide icons", in tv shows.

Is this a mistake or is there something wrong with my particular xbmc installation?

Thanks
pingomister Wrote:Hello. Once again, what a wonderful mod, amazing improvement over original Confluence. However, there seems to be a big problem:

Some views seem to have lost the border indicating when an item is selected; there is only a faint glow now, which makes them unusable. For example: "thumbnails" view, in file mode, or "wide icons", in tv shows.

Is this a mistake or is there something wrong with my particular xbmc installation?

Thanks
:-) not a mistake and nothing wrong with your xbmc installation, it's a choice.
But you're right, it's not very useful and i try something else.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Influence Dharma1