• 1(current)
SAMBA-Server built-into XBMC (share SMB/CIFS from Xbox)
i'd like to be able to read from my xbox though smb. would be nice to for instance mount a network drive on my computer with the contents of my xbox.
yeah, i just registered to second this.

smb would be great cus it's easy to update stuff like ini files and arrange stuff using smb.

i think it'll make me use it as a dashboard rather than evox.

please please please put it in.
i third this!  this would make my xbox a true media centre if i can stick a large harddisk in my xbox and store all my movies/mp3s on it then mount the xbox drive on my laptop via smb!!!
...then please ask the nice man (duo) in a very polite way if he would not mind porting the samba server after he's finished porting the client code over xbox and into xbmc

hihi Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
mr duo sir, it would be awfully splendid of you if you could port the samba server code to xbmc after you have finished your excellent work porting the samba client code!  Smile
duo, you will be my hero if you port the samba server code to xbmc!! (is duo on this forum, or should we kiss ass somewhere else?)
Question 
yes, d7o3g4q (a.k.a. duo) is one of the lead devs for xbmc and is registered in this forum but not sure how ofter he check it
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
this is a feature i'd really like, as i hope to have several xboxes in my house each with a different primary function.  i'm planning to have an xbox for games (avalaunch), one for movies (xbmc, in the living room) and one for music (xbmc, in my stereo system).  with the samba server, i'd be able to access the stereo system xbox via samba to play music in my living room on the movies xbox, as well as be able to access the movies and music from my pc.  i also live with several other people who have an xbox and/or pc and would like access to both movies and music.  so basically for me, this would be a great function to have.  duo, if you're out there, i'd be eternally grateful if you could port the samba server code to xbmc.
Author of the NZ OnDemand and ZoneMinder addons, and caretaker of the pyamf script. Contributor to fanart.tv, TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
hi all.

my first concern, the one that i'm working on when i have the time, is to get fully functional samba client code working. once that is done, i do have plans to get a samba server working but that could be a ways off.

duo
Star 
duo, did you get anywhere with that samba server yet?? the wait is getting unbearable. please let us all know what the score is, progress, anything!! Image
i think |darkie noe is in charge for the samba things. he did the great port of the samba client into xbmc recently.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
if anyone on the dev/support team checks this, i'm in need of this feature too...

i'm also prepared to help port the smb server if nobody's currently working on this... i couldn't find a general dev team email on the site (though i admit i didn't look too hard Smile ), but if someone wants to drop me a mail (pete_xbmc at monkeyspannered dot com), i'll see what i can do.

i got relevant development experience and stuff, so if someone wants to get in touch, i can start this pretty much asap.

let me know...
Sad 
is it possible to implement a samba server?
i want to share my mp3 from the xbox harddisk over samba.
the real use for this would be an elegant way to stream media and transfer files between xboxs (xboxen). would makes things like taking your xbox over to a friends network and transfering games real easy like. a definite improvement over just using ftp...
you can use fxp for direct box to box transfers...

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SAMBA-Server built-into XBMC (share SMB/CIFS from Xbox)0