[LIVE] Dharma XBMC Beta4 restart while playing 1080 formats
Hi there,

I recently updated my Xbmc beta 2 to beta 3 a couple of weeks ago. Ever since i can't play any videos that as a 1080 hd resolution. Now i did Updated to beta4 but still does the same thing. So yesterday i did a clean install of Dharma Live beta4 and still the same thing . Everyting works perfectly except 1080 hd content . If i disable and do software rendering the video plays but it drops too much frames (not watchable). So what can i do to fix thisHuh?

Here is my log
http://pastebin.com/PXKHUt0U

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks!
What hardware are you running on and how much RAM do you have?

Code:
10:19:51 T:2822167408 M:589045760   ERROR:  (VDPAU) Error: The system does not have enough resources to complete the requested operation at this time.(23) at VDPAU.cpp:903

Looks like it may be related to a bug in the latest nvidia drivers (260) where vdpau tries to consume large amounts of RAM. Reference - http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost...stcount=16

If you have 1Gb of RAM or less that may be it - although i believe some people have reported similar issues with 2Gb of ram on the nvidia forums.

You could try reverting back to the version 256 of the nvidia driver to confirm this.
I got 1gig of ram . Since Vdpau come out i downsized my pc 2gig to 1gig because i did not need much ram to play full hd . Were can i get 256 ??
That's likely the cause then - if you have a quick search you will find a few posts that show how to change driver versions.

Either that or just drop back to beta3 for the moment. I'm going to suggest we don't use the 260 driver in the next release.
can i still downgrade nvidia drivers since that the Live iso already got that 260 in and if i downgrade to beta3 it will still do the same only in beta2 and -1 works well
btw I can confirm that nvidia 260 drivers are behaving a little off, even with 2GB and some 720p HDTV ripz. thinking about downgrading my XBMCbuntu right now, the .1912 are definitely not suited for a stable long-term live image. I say wait for a fixed version some more days or go for the previous 256 builds which worked beautifully. only downside is that this way we'll lose support for the new fermi cards in live which really is a bummer.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Dharma XBMC Beta4 restart while playing 1080 formats0