• 29(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
Version 0.9.53 RC11

Changes:
- Fixed a youtube url parsing issue
- Stop button text should now stay black

On my REPO.
hasselhof: I tried it in Transparency and got the same effect, applied my changes and now it's gone. The video should now play for you. Let me know if you can think of any outstanding issues, otherwise I think I'll push it to the main repo as version 1.0.0
Test posting a video copied from retrogamer via Forum Browser

Here's an image:
(2012-06-10, 02:40)ruuk Wrote: Test posting a video copied from retrogamer via Forum Browser

Here's an image:

That sounds like good progress, nice one, both links work sound as a pound Smile
Version 1.0.0

Changes:
- Added clipbboard functionality for post images and links (link, video and image) via ShareSocial clipboard
- Added help for 'User Extra Info' option in posts and full post view

On my REPO.

Also submitted to main repo Smile
(2012-06-10, 20:07)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.0.0

Changes:
- Added clipbboard functionality for post images and links (link, video and image) via ShareSocial clipboard
- Added help for 'User Extra Info' option in posts and full post view

On my REPO.

Also submitted to main repo Smile

hi ruuk can you explain how to use the clipboard thanks
(2012-06-11, 18:17)hasselhof Wrote: hi ruuk can you explain how to use the clipboard thanks

First you need the ShareSocial addon installed.

Then, when you have either the links list or the images list in view, bring up the context menu. There will be option(s) for copying the link/video/image. Once you select the option, it will be in the 'clipboard'.
You can now change forums or even exit Forum Browser and when you go to create/edit your next post the context menu will have the option to paste from the clipboard.
As for X-Note, there is only one clipboard option so far. When you use the context menu to get the URL from a public notebook, it will ask if you want to copy it into the clipboard.
You can then close X-Note, open Forum Browser and go create a post and paste the url into the post.
When pasting, Forum Browser will put the url into the appropriate tags and ask for text where appropriate. For example when pasting a link it will ask for text, and if you enter something it will put text_you_entered into the message. If you don't enter any text, it will just put the url as the text.
I will eventually have to handle different forum tag formats, especially the [video] tag, but for now it will work with xbmc.org and and most others more or less.

In the future I will add more clipboard options to Forum Browser and my other addons wherever it makes sense.

By the way, I got torrenday working later yesterday while using Transparency so I think the issue was related to the site problems as I mentioned. Give it another try and let me know how it goes.

Looks like version 1.0.0 was accepted into the repo this morning. Let's see if we end up with a bunch of people in here telling me about bugs Smile
(2012-06-11, 20:07)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 18:17)hasselhof Wrote: hi ruuk can you explain how to use the clipboard thanks

First you need the ShareSocial addon installed.

Then, when you have either the links list or the images list in view, bring up the context menu. There will be option(s) for copying the link/video/image. Once you select the option, it will be in the 'clipboard'.
You can now change forums or even exit Forum Browser and when you go to create/edit your next post the context menu will have the option to paste from the clipboard.
As for X-Note, there is only one clipboard option so far. When you use the context menu to get the URL from a public notebook, it will ask if you want to copy it into the clipboard.
You can then close X-Note, open Forum Browser and go create a post and paste the url into the post.
When pasting, Forum Browser will put the url into the appropriate tags and ask for text where appropriate. For example when pasting a link it will ask for text, and if you enter something it will put text_you_entered into the message. If you don't enter any text, it will just put the url as the text.
I will eventually have to handle different forum tag formats, especially the [video] tag, but for now it will work with xbmc.org and and most others more or less.

In the future I will add more clipboard options to Forum Browser and my other addons wherever it makes sense.

By the way, I got torrenday working later yesterday while using Transparency so I think the issue was related to the site problems as I mentioned. Give it another try and let me know how it goes.

Looks like version 1.0.0 was accepted into the repo this morning. Let's see if we end up with a bunch of people in here telling me about bugs Smile

Cheers ruuk I will give it a shot when I get 5 mins, Thanks.
Just to let you know I use FB everyday, it's so easy to use.
(2012-06-11, 20:14)hasselhof Wrote: Just to let you know I use FB everyday, it's so easy to use.
Well it should be, it's practically tailored for John Hanselman Smile

Actually, most of you suggestions were practical for all users. Without feedback, I would tend to make it just easy enough for me to use, and I tend to have a little extra knowledge of the workings of the addon, for some reason...

Hi ruuk,

I cant get the context menu option from share social,
so I went to the addon settings for share social and installed the context mod,
Got this message,
I clicked yes and it said that generic mod was installed ok.
I then went into forum browser, using your post with the retrogamer video & image on xbmc.org,
I've tried to copy them links, but no context copy option is visable, only quote, & help either in post view,
full screen post view or left menu, right menu.
So i decided to do a full re-install, I uninstalled FB, web viewer, sharesocial, x-note,
then I ssh'd into xbmc, got rid of all the addon data, userdata traces etc.
Tried to reinstall FB, it downloaded 100% but said FB failed installation,
so I uninstalled your repo as well, reinstalled your repo and then everything downloaded fine,
here is the Log it is extremely long,to see if you can see what went wrong
it's the very bottom portion you want, it could just have been internet outage,
but having checked in my xbmc packages folder it had download the FB v1.0 zip,
no web viewer was pulled.

Now that I got everthing back up and running I will give you a log of me trying to access the context menu for the copy funtion in a bit
Here is the Log, last bit of log is me clicking on the share social addon, do I have to become a member of share social
(2012-06-11, 22:38)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

I cant get the context menu option from share social,
so I went to the addon settings for share social and installed the context mod,
Got this message,
I clicked yes and it said that generic mod was installed ok.
I then went into forum browser, using your post with the retrogamer video & image on xbmc.org,
I've tried to copy them links, but no context copy option is visable, only quote, & help either in post view,
full screen post view or left menu, right menu.
So i decided to do a full re-install, I uninstalled FB, web viewer, sharesocial, x-note,
then I ssh'd into xbmc, got rid of all the addon data, userdata traces etc.
Tried to reinstall FB, it downloaded 100% but said FB failed installation,
so I uninstalled your repo as well, reinstalled your repo and then everything downloaded fine,
here is the Log it is extremely long,to see if you can see what went wrong
it's the very bottom portion you want, it could just have been internet outage,
but having checked in my xbmc packages folder it had download the FB v1.0 zip,
no web viewer was pulled.

Now that I got everthing back up and running I will give you a log of me trying to access the context menu for the copy funtion in a bit
Here is the Log, last bit of log is me clicking on the share social addon, do I have to become a member of share social

Sorry, I just realized I'm an idiot. I haven't updated ShareSocial to the new version on my repo, so the clipboard stuff isn't in the version you have. Blush

In any case, the ShareSocial addon isn't for any particular site. What is does is allow you to share from one addon to another. For instance you can share an image from the flickr addon to facebook (through the facebook addon), or share an image from XBMC to twitter etc. That's why I added the clipboard stuff to it, because it seemed like a good fit (and I didn't want to start another addon).

I'll update my repo with the new version.
Updated ShareSocial on my repo.
(2012-06-12, 02:48)ruuk Wrote: Updated ShareSocial on my repo.

Will check it out when I get home from work.
I Was wondering if other people were having trouble with the repo like I did , did you find any problems in my log?.
Is there a place where you can check the download count ?.

here is an image from reptileforums copied with share social then posted via forum browser using remote control Smile

here is a video also

Thats brilliant ruuk well done!!Smile

Could you update the help section with this thanks
could share social be pulled when installing from fresh just like web viewer

(2012-06-12, 07:22)hasselhof Wrote: I Was wondering if other people were having trouble with the repo like I did , did you find any problems in my log?.

Looks like connection errors. You were having them with Forum Browser, and at the same time in the background, XBMC was getting errors trying to refresh the repo data as well as errors with the anilkuj repo.

Since I host my repo from Google Project hosting there is no way to monitor (that I know of) download count. I can put files up for download in the downloads section and view the count there, but I can't do it with my normal work flow (read: more work for ruuk)
(2012-06-12, 18:29)hasselhof Wrote: Could you update the help section with this thanks
Yeah, I can update the help.
I'm hesitant to make ShareSocial a requirement for installing Forum Browser. Not everyone necessarily wants to have other addons installed without being asked. And on devices like the atv2, space considerations start into come into play. Of course, this is a good argument for making the clipboard stuff a standalone module addon, which is what I was trying to avoid, but which I'll probably end up doing in the end. Argh Smile
(2012-06-12, 19:46)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-06-12, 07:22)hasselhof Wrote: I Was wondering if other people were having trouble with the repo like I did , did you find any problems in my log?.

Looks like connection errors. You were having them with Forum Browser, and at the same time in the background, XBMC was getting errors trying to refresh the repo data as well as errors with the anilkuj repo.

Since I host my repo from Google Project hosting there is no way to monitor (that I know of) download count. I can put files up for download in the downloads section and view the count there, but I can't do it with my normal work flow (read: more work for ruuk)
(2012-06-12, 18:29)hasselhof Wrote: Could you update the help section with this thanks
Yeah, I can update the help.
I'm hesitant to make ShareSocial a requirement for installing Forum Browser. Not everyone necessarily wants to have other addons installed without being asked. And on devices like the atv2, space considerations start into come into play. Of course, this is a good argument for making the clipboard stuff a standalone module addon, which is what I was trying to avoid, but which I'll probably end up doing in the end. Argh Smile

Those pesky connection errors, that's UK internet for you Smile
No problems with the share social/FB combo, it's easy to add the share social addon, as long as people know to install that aswell, to get the paste facility
I was wondering if dj_gerbel has recieved the update, maybe you could pm him Smile so you know it's getting out there

• 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5