• 4(current)
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making
So glad that this has been taken on as it could be the mainstream skin for XBMC. I'm glad to say that I am almost back using XBMC after I thought that my puter was buggered, just need to sort out the sound and move everything into place and I can enjoy movie viewing once more without having to load in a DVD.

Good luck with the project.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
just beautiful! glad someone keep this up, thank you guys!
neednt ask for pvr support right?
i'm in no position to request anything here, but i'm kinda missing the movie counter. You know, the one that tells you how many movies you've got in your library. Would be great if you could give this a thought.
matth Wrote:i'm in no position to request anything here, but i'm kinda missing the movie counter. You know, the one that tells you how many movies you've got in your library. Would be great if you could give this a thought.

I'm sure we'll include this somewhere!

Cheers Wink
I dont really see a problem with using fanart in the background instead of the plain gray. simply have it as a option in the skin settings. dissabled by default. wham, bam, best of both worlds ...man!

That way, Welo's vision is still maintained 100% but people have an option to turn fanart on if they wanna give it a try.

P.S. im so glad you guys picked this up, as i wanted to cry when initial development stopped. cant wait for this skin.

RBX
rudeboyx Wrote:I dont really see a problem with using fanart in the background instead of the plain gray. simply have it as a option in the skin settings. dissabled by default. wham, bam, best of both worlds ...man!

That way, Welo's vision is still maintained 100% but people have an option to turn fanart on if they wanna give it a try.

P.S. im so glad you guys picked this up, as i wanted to cry when initial development stopped. cant wait for this skin.

RBX

because it was not in welos vision thats why i think it wont happen that can be a mod though after the release this is why there is alaska and alaska revisited if im correct hitcher wanted to stay true to DJH's vision for alaska and did his own take on it with revisited (think thats what happened)
I like this so much I'm using the preview release as my primary skin, very happy to see it isn't dead.

I like the increased menu text size mockup posted earlier too, looks a bit more balanced and much easier to navigate when sitting back from the tv a way.

Thanks to everyone involved in this project, will be following it closely Big Grin
ZombieRobot Wrote:because it was not in welos vision thats why i think it wont happen that can be a mod though after the release this is why there is alaska and alaska revisited if im correct hitcher wanted to stay true to DJH's vision for alaska and did his own take on it with revisited (think thats what happened)

not that it really makes a difference but for what its worth i thought it was the other way around, hitcher made revisited because the original strayed from DJH's idea.

Anyway personally i prefer it without the fanart but it cant see why someone couldnt include the option to have it once the skin is released
Sly bump but also functional

Obviously there is still quite a lot to do on this skin, I am using the pre release version.

But here are some thoughts

1) In new movies on front page, pressing i should bring up the information
2) pictures should have latest pictures added
3) favourites should also have items to view, latest favourites etc
4) weather should also have what the weather is for today
5) The blackness at the bottom should be less, so the middle can be bigger.

Apart from those 5 the skin is pretty much perfect, obviously there are slight design faults such as text bunching up and the alsaka back end.

Apart from that Welo and Hitcher have done a fantastic job on the skin.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
1) In new movies on front page, pressing i should bring up the information

Simply not possible - 'i' doesn't function on the Home screen

2) pictures should have latest pictures added

Again not possible as there's no database for pictures for the script to access

3) favourites should also have items to view, latest favourites etc

Also no database for Favourites

4) weather should also have what the weather is for today

That was the plan; Welo wanted to design his own set of weather icons

5) The blackness at the bottom should be less, so the middle can be bigger.

You're forgetting the 'Now Playing' section -

Damm I hate you Hitcher sometimes lol

Ok so you have blown my 5 wants out of the water. I shall be back. You may have won this battle but zee have not won the war lol

Maybe an option to change the colour of the skin? Black is professional, but if you have silver home cinema maybe the option of having a similar colour scheme.

Ok so I am clutching at straws but god damm it.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
MarkTaunton Wrote:Maybe an option to change the colour of the skin? Black is professional, but if you have silver home cinema maybe the option of having a similar colour scheme.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=580...tcount=305
what is with CDArt? Is there any plan?
MarkTaunton Wrote:Maybe an option to change the colour of the skin? Black is professional, but if you have silver home cinema maybe the option of having a similar colour scheme.

We can maybe look at colour schemes after the skin is released. Not sure what it will look like mind!

Same for fanart. Lets get the skin finished and out there, then maybe we can play with it and update if it works.

I don't see a problem of having the option to 'enable' (so in other words, as default, the skin will be as Welo intended) things like fanart. Obviously the design additions would have to work and look great. We won't just chuck any old crap in!

How does that sound?
realelmo Wrote:what is with CDArt? Is there any plan?

Not at this stage. We'll get Welo released first. Then we can discuss any additions (99% will probably be as mods).

Cheers Wink
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making4