[Windows] XBMC loses screen calibration/resolution settings in fullscreen on resume
I have a Sony Bravia XBR and when I turn on real fullscreen mode the "Scene Select" changes on the TV, I assume this makes the resolution that I see smaller (compared to fake fullscreen). When I put the machine on standby and resume, the edges of the XBMC interface (and video) don't go to the edge of the screen (ie, the calibrated resolution seems smaller than what it should be set to), if I go to System->Video settings and toggle "use fake fullscreen" on and back off I see "Scene Select" changing again on the TV and the resolution is back to where I set it when I calibrated the screen. In other words, once I toggle fake fullscreen the interface now correctly comes to the edge of the TV and it all looks good again. This sounds like a bug, is there anything anyone needs, logs maybe?

Dont know if this made much sense, if it didn't I can make another attempt at explaining what is happening.

I am on Dharma beta 4.
+1
having exact the same problem (sometimes, randomly)
i had that issue too, what helps is an hdmi splitter for 20€. it keeps up the connection to the pc and your able to plug in another device like a beamer.
DaGround Wrote:i had that issue too, what helps is an hdmi splitter for 20€. it keeps up the connection to the pc and your able to plug in another device like a beamer.

I feel like there's got to be a better way, maybe turning off the "scene select" auto res change of the TV? Or is this something that has to do with Windows itself not supporting 1080p on real fullscreen? Not sure.... but I have seen similar behavior with WMP going to fullscreen, so I think it may be an issue with real fullscreen how Windows supports it when connected to the TV. My workaround for when I was using WMP was to use Media Player Classic which I believe does the fake fullscreen method that XBMC also employs... I find the colors to be more vibrant in true fullscreen so I'd rather keep that if possible - but this is making it hard for me to do so.
So I found out what the difference between fake and real fullscreen modes are now. I'd rather have real fullscreen even though I can play back 1080p content without issue (my HTPC is a ZBOX ID-11) on the fake fullscreen. In the meantime I am going to leave it at the fake fullscreen setting for now since that setting comes back without a problem after resume. However, I would at some point like to have true fullscreen specially since I only use that PC for XBMC so it wouldn't conflict with anything else.

And thinking it through a little better, it possibly has nothing to do with the "Scene Select" action of the TV as that probably just detects that instead of being in "Graphics" mode it should be in "Video/Game" mode. However, I believe the problem is with XBMC not putting the display in true fullscreen after a resume. That's the only thing that comes to mind since it seems like the screen is in "Graphics" mode after the resume, so it sounds to me like XBMC isn't forcing the display back into true fullscreen because we know that when we toggle the setting in the System settings XBMC then forces the display into "Video/Game" mode on my TV and you can tell it's now in true fullscreen.

I can provide a log if you'd like.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] XBMC loses screen calibration/resolution settings in fullscreen on resume1