Playlists somewhere other than movies?
To accommodate my eclectic video collection I've created a number of smart playlists and have a new "custom" movie button on the home screen (click it and get to "normal" movies, right button and go to various options for "not normal" movies). Now I want to disable the original "movies" button but it seems there's no way to access the "Playlists" feature without that button (i.e. I can't create a new playlist unless I first re-enable this button and the appropriate sub-menu item).

I just want to access it off the Video button or add it to favourites so I can access it from a custom menu but neither seems to be an option.

Am I missing something?
legio1 Wrote:I just want to access it off the Video button or add it to favourites so I can access it from a custom menu but neither seems to be an option.

adding "Playlists" to favourites works fine at my end.

also, since you can access "movies" with your custom button, you can also navigate 'up' all the way to the root of the library, where Playlists is listed.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:adding "Playlists" to favourites works fine at my end.

pardon me while I torch my pc... I swear it would not let me do it this afternoon but now it does it without complaint. Blush

maybe I just spent too much time fighting it today? I did discover that including parentheses in the name of a smart playlist will break the ability to add the subsequent favorite to a custom menu (not sure why but I do know that is the only difference between working and not...at least for me).

thanks and sorry for the false alarm...
legio1 Wrote:I did discover that including parentheses in the name of a smart playlist will break the ability to add the subsequent favorite to a custom menu (not sure why but I do know that is the only difference between working and not...at least for me).

confirmed.
script.favourites will misinterpret a ')' in the path/filename.
i'll see if i can get it fixed.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlists somewhere other than movies?0