[REQ] OSD Dark border removed
I'm sure this is possible but i'm not sure how to go about doing this. I'm sure theres something in VideoOSD or another file that i can tweak to get rid of the black bars, or (preferably) make those bars more transparent.

What i'm trying to accomplish is the ability to read subtitles while the Movie/TV Show/Anime is paused. Sometimes subtitles are awkwardly placed or badly timed and there isn't enough time to read them. Being able to pause to catch up is a life saver.

Anyways if some kind soul could help me out and possibly point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. TYVM!

*EDIT*
Ok well i see its calling osd_back.png. Whats the chance someone could assist me with editing transparency on that. I have adobe photoshop, but I have no idea how to use it. I would try to pull a different osd_back.png from another theme but they all seem to be packed into textures.xpr and im not sure how to open them. I'm sorry that I'm such a noob at all of this. >_<
Well i modified all the .png's that i could find that corelated to the OSD and increased the transparency on them via Photoshop, and still it shows the dark frame. I'm not quite sure what to do now. Any input? Should i put this in another forum instead?
have you tried deleting this file userdata/database/Textures.db after making changes
m3g4tr0n Wrote:have you tried deleting this file userdata/database/Textures.db after making changes

I hadn't. I just tried it to no avail. Thank you for the idea though!
Are you using the subtitle addon or are they embedded?
Are you using git or did you get it vis the addon Repo?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Hardcoded subs. I'm using the Night skin from the addon repo.
Open VideoOSD.xml you see this code block near top:

Quote:<control type="image">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<texture>osd/osd_back.png</texture>
<aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
</control

now create a folder called Reikon, or whatever, in the /media directory
place you image, assuming it's called osd_back.png, in that directory
Now change that bolded line from osd/osd_back.png[/B to [b]Reikon/osd_back.png

awesome thank you, That works perfectly for the OSD controls, do you know what xml file is calling "pause-back1.png" i need to edit that as well. I dont see it in VideoOSD.xml

Thank you so much!
Nevermind i found it. DialogFullScreenInfo.xml and DialogSeekbar.xml in case anyone wants to know in the future. THANKS FOR THE TIP MCBORZU!!!!!
DialogSeekbar.xml

Side Note - to find out what .xml does what, open up skin.night/addon.xml*

turn debug="false" to debug="true", tells you what .xml has focus at the moment...

*true for any skin

Sweet, thank you! I've never done any skinning or editing before, its not as daunting as it first seems. But i do see how much work goes into this. thanks for all your help!
You could always tap twice enter and pause, that way the osd_back doesn't show.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQ] OSD Dark border removed0