Movie Sets not detected on movie reload
Hi,

I have used ember media manager to populate my nfo's for some movies to add them to a movie set. Using dharma beta 4, and reloading all three movies in the set doesnt seem to pickup the new set tag in the nfo file.

Can someone please confirm and I will create a trac bug report.

Below is the new entry in my nfo files for the three back to the future movies.

Code:
<set>Back to the Future Trilogy</set>

Reloading from the information section of the three movies fails to make any sets appear in movies -> sets.
Works as advertised for me. Dharma B4

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets

Using your same movies.

Make sure you remove the movies from the library and re-add them
mark007 Wrote:Hi,

Reloading from the information section of the three movies fails to make any sets appear in movies -> sets.

Dont try to refresh them. Remove and re-add. No need to rescan the entire library just goto the files section under video and context menu scan item.
FishOil Wrote:Dont try to refresh them. Remove and re-add. No need to rescan the entire library just goto the files section under video and context menu scan item.

Oh... maybe thats where theres a misunderstanding / bug? I think reload should reload all data right, nfo, images etc so it should pick up the newly added set tag? Any developers that can confirm this?
Its not a bug or misunderstanding. Its clearly described in the wiki.

"Once you?ve done this, remove each of the movies from the Video Library, and then rescan to add them. XBMC will use information from the modified .NFO files when re-adding the movies, placing them in the new set."
Cool cheers, I guess I'll add it to my list of feature requests. I'm sure most people don't read the wiki and would assume reload, reloads everything..
Did you get it to work?
I did indeed, thanks alot!
NP
Exactly the same problem here....

I've tried removing the source so everything gets removed from library, because I dont wanna sit and go thru my movielist (1580 movies) to find the movies that I've put into sets, should be about 100 movies.

Do I HAVE to go thru all my collection to remove the movies in set to get it working?

(Using Dharma Beta 4, with Night skin if it should matter)
I think xbmc should detect changes to nfos on reload and pick up the changes OR at least reload of movie should do as it says, reload the details for the movie Smile
Yeah, sounds good. Where did you actually find reload? I can only find "update library" or "scan for new content"
on movie info view
I did over a dozen sets last night. I don't use the EMM, I export my library, separate files selection, and then I manually add the set xml to the .nfo.

Then I just do the refresh button in the movie info. I have it scrape from the .nfo file and not from the internet.

When you refresh the first movie, nothing will really change. But when you do the 2nd movie, the new set will appear.

This is how it works for me.
I've only ever used refresh when creating sets and its always worked Smile

BTW you don't have to export your library or use ember you can just add the IMDb url for each movie and the set tag then refresh each one, for example if its the "The Matrix Trilogy" the first movie "The Matrix" the nfo would be

Code:
<movie>  
  <set>The Matrix Trilogy</set>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133093/

Even better with the latest builds if you don't normally use nfo's you can use XWMM takes no time at all and you don't need refresh/remove or anything as it edits the db directly

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60643

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sets not detected on movie reload0