Xbmc + Boxee Dualboot?
Hi, I have installed the latest beta4 livecd from xbmcfreak and am loving it. But I also would like to have the latest version of boxee installed and have the option of dualbooting between those two.

Is that possible for a complete amateur like me without any linux "skills"
Just thought I would let you know.

There is little advantage (IMO) to using Boxee now that Hulu content has been removed.

BlueCops plugin for XBMC is also on the the way out once limelight implements the new check.

YMMV
burton666 Wrote:Hi, I have installed the latest beta4 livecd from xbmcfreak and am loving it. But I also would like to have the latest version of boxee installed and have the option of dualbooting between those two.

Is that possible for a complete amateur like me without any linux "skills"

Hello!

I would like to bring up this issue again! Nod
I have also XBMC live installed and i love it also! Is there a fast and easy way to have also Boxee running on the same machine?

Any Ideas!?
Thanks
rebuilding ....
Cant see why this should be a big issue/problem.
Never used boxee but shouldn't be that hard to create another partition
for another system. Either you use linux or windows or whatever, dual booting isn't exactly magic.

By doing some simple google research you should be able to find many guides.

Unless i misunderstood the problem ?

If you're gonna do this on a linux system without ever been into a terminal it's gonna be difficult and i wouldent suggest this for absolute beginners. In any case before you try dual booting, back up your data first because it can be a highway to dataloss if you dont pay attention Smile
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc + Boxee Dualboot?0