[RELEASE] Addon Media Organizer (and Favorites Handler )
Thumbs Up 
WARNING: This is BETA. I could change code that might wipe out any settings you have made with this module. I'm not really happy with the way I am storing the virtual folders and items because they are all stored in memory and serialized (pickled). This might cause problems if your folders or items count gets to large. If I change the format I will try to add some form of upgrade or conversion. But it is NOT guaranteed!

What this addon does (see known issues):
  • This is essentially Favourites++.
  • Allows creating/deleting/renaming/ordering a virtual folder system.
  • Allows linking to your addon media's virtual folders. Either directly to a video item or a folder. BROWSE ADDONS and use the context menu to "Create shortcut to this" and select a virtual folder you created.
  • Virtual folders can be as deep as you want.
  • Allow moving folders or items up/down to get the sequence you want. I only added Title sorting at the moment which will not affect the manual ordering you created.
  • Allows managing your favourites. Delete/move up/move down/sort/copy to a virtual folder you created. When you "Copy to folder" from the embedded Favourites browser you can then delete it from the Favourites.
  • The embedded Favourites browser directly manipulates your favourites.xml. Keep that in mind.
  • Detailed color customization for types such as virtual folders, linked items, linked folders, favourites. It's not that deep yet but it allows you to override my color choices.
Requirements:
  • To use the built in addon browser you must enable "control of XBMC via HTTP" in the System/Network/Services section. This module makes use of XBMC's JSON-RPC.

Known issues:
  • Only handles Video Addons currently.
  • Folders are forced to the top for now.
  • Moving a folder up or down may not appear to work if the folder above it has subfolders. Repeatedly moving in the direction you want will eventually show the desired result on the screen. Moving items doesn't have this problem. This is a side effect of the way I'm creating the virtual folders and one of the reasons for the WARNING at the top of this post.
  • No moving of folder or items to other folders yet.
  • Some addons have url encoding issues that I don't handle yet. Hulu addon is an example of this so don't bother linking to it because weird things will happen. For these problematic addons you might be able to get away with adding a folder or item to your favourites as you normally do and then use the Favourites section in this module to "Copy to folder".

Download:
plugin.video.addon.media.organizer-v1.0.1.zip

Previous releases:
plugin.video.addon.media.organizer-v1.0.0.zip
v1.0.1 posted: Fixed a couple bugs. Added ability to rename Folders and Items. Added ability to rename during the Copy or creation of shortcut operation. Changed "Copy" terminology to "Create shortcut" where appropriate.
Hmm...might have to give this a go later and try it out.
It would be great if you could somehow use this to export or import all your favorite vids.
Make sure you add simplejson to the <requires> block.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

KidVulcan Wrote:It would be great if you could somehow use this to export or import all your favorite vids.

What do you mean exactly? Where would you import from or export to? And what would be imported or exported?

jmarshall Wrote:Make sure you add simplejson to the <requires> block.
Thanks. Have a new version coming that fixes the virtual directory part so shortcuts can actually be created to addon paths.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Addon Media Organizer (and Favorites Handler )0