[windows]
Hello.
Im using XBMC on my computer thats hooked to my TV. Is there any kind of a script or something that would allow me to access a web browser from within XBMC?
For example, I want to watch a TV show online. It would be nice if there was some kind of built-in browser or something similar to do this without exiting, and going to FireFox.
Nope. Work is being done, but nothing exists yet. You should be able to do a quick search to find a thread on this very topic.
Get the Launcher plugin (available from the addons repository) and you can launch firefox from directly within XBMC. When you add firefox to launcher, it will ask you for arguments--enter the URL you want to open by default. Then, if you want, you can add the firefox launcher to favourites and put it on your homescreen with a button that says "internet" or something. It is really smooth, and XBMC automatically resumes after you close the window. Doesn't get much smoother than that!

For me, I also got a firefox addon called autohide that lets it launch fullscreen in a really cool way that totally conceals the titlebar in windows. Then I themed firefox to go with my xbmc skin. The result is totally seemless for me, because I keep my desktop clean of clutter that you might see when xbmc minimizes momentarily.
Thanks a lot, that did the job for me! Nod
I'm guessing there's no way to do something similar for the xbox is there? (Internet access on my ol' xbox classic would be pretty neat haha)
I don't know about the xbox, because I've never owned one. You will have to look and see if there is a way to launch a web browser on an xbox at all--which seems like something that might exist.

Regardless, I think if you can find a web browser for an xbox, the launcher plugin will launch it just as well as in windows. Not sure about that though, particularly of current manifestations of the plugin which have been created since the discontinuing of support for XBOX.

Also, not sure you are aware of it, but XBMC doesn't officially support the xbox anymore. However, development on the xbox has continued over at xbmc4xbox.com. You might be able to find the info you are looking for over on their forums.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[windows]0