Restart required for advancedsettings.xml change?
I'm new to XBMC, running XBMC-Live (Dharma Beta4).

I have squeezebox server and xbmc on the same box, and through the advancedsettings.xml configuration have gotten them to play nice as far as suspend/power management goes.

My issue is everytime I update the advancedsettings.xml file I force the xbmc-live service to stop and start. Is there a way to have xbmc refresh it's configurations without a full restart?

-Jeff
No.
Okay, so since that is the case (as I'd figured), can you also confirm that my solution is pretty much the only way to prevent XBMC from putting the server to sleep?

Is there a command or script I can run to tell XBMC that the system is busy, and not consider the machine idle? I tried using xautomation to send key strokes to the console, but could not get the service account to use the environmental configuration to set DISPLAY=:0.0 .. just wouldn't take it, but would work from my tty session.

Right now I have two config files for advancedsettings.xml where one allows sleep and the other does not. I swap them out and restart xbmc-live each time the status of the background application changes.

-Jeff
You could use xbmc's httpapi to send keycodes.
It's also possible to use multiple profiles, each with their own advancedsettings.xml, when you switch the profile, the advancedsettings.xml for that profile is loaded.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restart required for advancedsettings.xml change?0