• 4(current)
xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows
Sorry Just thought about this, maybe if you can add option when making updates to only export the updates to XBMC, just a thought...
Wow, glad to hear it worked with such a big collection.

I'll make some time and try work on this request to export only selected/changed items. Hope to have this feature ready before the end of the year.
plyoung.com - my personal site where I blog about the projects I work on
Well, just did a check for you 1285 movies and 177 series - episodes easily over 2000 don't have the exact number. So yeah, big collection no problem.

I did pick up a problem, nothing big, but something you can look into if you haven't already. Some of of series episodes aren't getting a Fanart pic. The path where to find the fanart is there, but still get only a blank grey box. Now here is the funny thing, if I go into the episode folder on xmm2, the note in the foot which normally says idle, now says downloading (1) and then completes back to idle, but still the image doesn't come up. Maybe this is got something to do with the scrapper.... Noticed this on season 2 of Alias and some random episodes of 24.

Like I said though this is small, if I would estimate, i'd say 98% work, if not more.
The scraper libs are getting dated and that is one of the reasons I want to write a new version where I have control over all aspects of the app and can keep everything up to date without having to hack 3rd party libs.

The statusbar bottom-right area tells how many images are being downloaded into cache. Could be any of the images.

If an episode is very new you might have trouble finding an image for it. For episodes a fanart = thumb/screencap normally, so I would espect those to be bit delayed with new eps.

Can you check if the scraper found any images for the ep's fanart. Just go into edit mode (Toold -> Edit). Select an ep and then check in the righ-hand panel under IMAGES where it sais Fanart. In that line wil be little camera icon/button, click that and see if the dowloaded images sais something about x/n where n is a number of images it knows about. If that is "0" then there was a scraping problem, else click the download buttons next to it to se eif xmm will download one of the images.

(anyway, I know about a lot of problems surrounding images which are irretating me when I use the app myself and thus more the reason to create a new version to sort these things out - will be too much of a hack to try fix it in the current version)
agreed. doesn't make sense to do quick fixes, rather spend the time on the proper better way.

tried what you said, when clicked on the camera, the left hand pane contains a couple of images, the right hand pane none. The left hand fanart, looks like fanart for a season or series, not that, that i normally find for the episodes (Action Shots, Actual movie screenshots etc). I tried downloading all the images, in this case 31, but none are the image I expect for an episode.

Anyway, no worries, like I said, doesn't bug me too much. I'll just use these shots for the episodes (have already anyway). 2% of my collection not getting the spot on information really doesn't bug me. Chances are I'll probably never really notice it when using XBMC.

Thanks for the assistance. Will be looking out for new releases.... the individual / selected export is what I would need most for now, hope to see something before the end of the year.

I'm not a programmer, but if you need someone to test future releases on larger collections, i'd be more than willing to assist.
seem to have picked up a new problem, when scrapping for TV series I get "An error occurred when scrapping", even when scrapping for series that scrapped successfully previously.

Movies seem to work fine.
did a fresh install in a different location, and added a couple of episodes for a series. Get the same result. Is is possible there is something wrong with the scraper?
Antcom Wrote:did a fresh install in a different location, and added a couple of episodes for a series. Get the same result. Is is possible there is something wrong with the scraper?

There seems to be a problem with TVDB since the weekend. Some other scrapers are also having trouble scraping eps.

[edit] Seems to be working again. Just tested a series which was failing with yesterday's test.
Any hope to get a basic music function implemented in xmm3? All I would be looking for would be artist.jpg (artist thumbn) and folder.jpg (artist fanart). No tagging or anything fancy needed.

Thanks for your kind consideration.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Any hope to get a basic music function implemented in xmm3? All I would be looking for would be artist.jpg (artist thumbn) and folder.jpg (artist fanart). No tagging or anything fancy needed.

Thanks for your kind consideration.
yup, music and music videos are planned for.
xyber Wrote:yup, music and music videos are planned for.

Music videos as well, wow!!! Very cool!!!

Any thought on a very rough arrival date. Also let me know if you need beta-testers for the music thing. My movies and TV shows are all in perfect order, but I am really struggling not to have proper fanart and artist thumbs (id tags and album art are perfect though).
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
I rather not set a date since I have to spend a serious amount of time on my new startup (at least for the next 4-6 months).
xyber Wrote:I rather not set a date since I have to spend a serious amount of time on my new startup (at least for the next 4-6 months).

Congrats on the start-up and all the best. If XMM goes into a new round of developments, very happy to beta-test (particularly music and musicvideo!).
Been trying to get this going today to sort my media out, it worked fine for my TV episodes, but I've made a new mediagroup for my movies and when I try to scrape the data (using either XMM built in or the xbmc scraper option) it skips through each movie really fast (and doesn't grab anything).
If I go to edit mode and choose to scrape it comes back with "An error occurred while scraping"

Here is a log from an 'edit mode' scrape attempt;
Code:
2010/12/24 - 07:25:33: scrape: A Bug's Life
2010/12/24 - 07:25:33: ... using XMMScrape
2010/12/24 - 07:25:36:    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)
   at TheMovieDB.TmdbAPI.MovieSearch(String title)
   at xMM2.XMM.TMDBScrape(MediaItem item, WaitForm wf, Boolean doPrompt)
   at xMM2.XMM.XMMScrape(MediaItem item, WaitForm wf, Boolean doPrompt, Boolean forceReload)
   at xMM2.XMM.Scrape(MediaItem item, WaitForm wf, Boolean doPrompt, Boolean forceReload)
Swifty Wrote:Been trying to get this going today to sort my media out, it worked fine for my TV episodes, but I've made a new mediagroup for my movies and when I try to scrape the data (using either XMM built in or the xbmc scraper option) it skips through each movie really fast (and doesn't grab anything).
If I go to edit mode and choose to scrape it comes back with "An error occurred while scraping"

yup, there seems to be a problem with scraping TheMovieDB. Don't even bother with xmm's xbmc scrapers, they are known to be broken and need updating (think with next update I will just disable them permanently).

I'll investigate the problem but hopefully it is just something temp on the server side like the issue we had with TVDB on Monday and Thuesday.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows1