• 260(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2012-09-24, 19:03)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-09-24, 18:54)truthlesshero Wrote: i'm having a very strange problem that i didn't really see anyone else having

when i start up advanced launcher for the first time, i get the standard two choices (standalone or file launcher)..

but no matter which one i choose, it goes to a samba share of my roms (the address on the bottom is smb://mycomputer/folder/roms)..so i just see my roms...i can't go up, i can't change folder, i can't do anything but press "cancel" or "ok" on a rom (which wouldn't do anything anyway)

how the hell do i change it so i can point it to the correct folder/program?
i want to choose file launcher...and i'm using xbmcbuntu...

thanks...
That's not a problem. It is how work XBMC and Advanced Launcher. Before add an item (movie, musiq, video, or here application) you must define a source. Please, use last version of Advanced Launcher (1.9.1) : http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-advanced-l...-1.9.1.zip
Then when you will start Advanced Launcher for the first time you will also asked to add/manage sources :

Then select the root directory of your drive where are located your applications.
All this information is also written into the user guide (that nobody read) : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3

hehe...yes, you're right...i'm an unfortunate example that no one reads the user guide...because i read it right after i posted and i found it...

thanks for your post, i appreciate it

but i'm having another problem...

i finally got everything working...but there's no sound
i followed the tutorial here for zsnes:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129256

and everything works perfectly...meaning, when i log into xbmcbuntu (not xbmc), the sound is fine after using his tutorial (because i didn't have any sound the first time..i had to create the files and follow the troubleshooting in the guide...) then i restarted zsnes and it works fine

then i went back into xbmc, installed advanced launcher...i can launch my roms..but now there's no sound
i have sound everywhere else..movies, music, menu, and in linux/xbmcbuntu... just not in advanced launcher..i checked around and the only suggestions are what i already did to get it working
any help?
(2012-09-24, 19:49)truthlesshero Wrote: and everything works perfectly...meaning, when i log into xbmcbuntu (not xbmc), the sound is fine after using his tutorial (because i didn't have any sound the first time..i had to create the files and follow the troubleshooting in the guide...) then i restarted zsnes and it works fine

then i went back into xbmc, installed advanced launcher...i can launch my roms..but now there's no sound
i have sound everywhere else..movies, music, menu, and in linux/xbmcbuntu... just not in advanced launcher..i checked around and the only suggestions are what i already did to get it working
any help?
Because sound configuration is directly linked to your audio hardware and the way you use it (Analogic, HDMI or optical connection), it is hard to give you an ultimate solution to solve your problem. Maybe this thread will help you : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=345

Hey all, loving the Advanced Launcher! I recently upgraded to Aeon MQ4, and I'm using the default games shortcut pointing to Advanced Launcher. However, I can't seem to find where I can set the path to my game studios labels, and game metadata besides the genre/studio/year won't display. Anyone know why?
(2012-09-26, 03:30)AmericanAl Wrote: Hey all, loving the Advanced Launcher! I recently upgraded to Aeon MQ4, and I'm using the default games shortcut pointing to Advanced Launcher. However, I can't seem to find where I can set the path to my game studios labels, and game metadata besides the genre/studio/year won't display. Anyone know why?
Maybe simply MQ4 bugs?

(2012-09-26, 04:08)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-09-26, 03:30)AmericanAl Wrote: Hey all, loving the Advanced Launcher! I recently upgraded to Aeon MQ4, and I'm using the default games shortcut pointing to Advanced Launcher. However, I can't seem to find where I can set the path to my game studios labels, and game metadata besides the genre/studio/year won't display. Anyone know why?
Maybe simply MQ4 bugs?

Yeah, I thought I'd ask here first. The wiki says MQ4 should be fully supported, so I'll go bug them. Thanks Angels!
That's MQ4 that is supposed to support Advanced launcher, not the opposite. And from what I have tested, MQ4 is far to support correctly Advanced launcher.
(2012-09-26, 04:26)Angelscry Wrote: That's MQ4 that is supposed to support Advanced launcher, not the opposite. And from what I have tested, MQ4 is far to support correctly Advanced launcher.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Can anyone else confirm that this may just be me? I've got .NFO files and everything, and I've tested re scraping the game info and then saving to an .NFO to check it, and the data's there it's just not displaying.
(2012-09-27, 00:34)AmericanAl Wrote:
(2012-09-26, 04:26)Angelscry Wrote: That's MQ4 that is supposed to support Advanced launcher, not the opposite. And from what I have tested, MQ4 is far to support correctly Advanced launcher.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Can anyone else confirm that this may just be me? I've got .NFO files and everything, and I've tested re scraping the game info and then saving to an .NFO to check it, and the data's there it's just not displaying.
No... That's not only you. Here is what I have with Metropolis skin (item description is here):

And here what I have with MQ4 skin (here, like for you, no item description):

Have you try with another skin (like metropolis, Alaska Revisited or Cirrus Extended) that support correctly Advanced Launcher ?
(2012-09-27, 02:04)Angelscry Wrote: Have you try with another skin (like metropolis, Alaska Revisited or Cirrus Extended) that support correctly Advanced Launcher ?

Yeah, I used MQ3 for a long time (MQ4 Supports more features to make my media center user friendly, so I switched), and it displayed perfect on that. I haven't heard back from the MQ4 devs, but when I do I'll give an update.
I am having a weird problem with Advanced Launcher. Windows 7. No matter what I do when I go to "Select the launcher application" the only source is fusion.xbmchub.com --- no way to browse files. This is not a problem elsewhere in XBMC. Only here is it not an option. I've attempted to configure AdvancedLauncher but didnt see anything useful. I tried context menu every step of the way but nothing helps.
Hi, i need some help on this one. I'm trying to add Google Chrome but Advanced Launcher isn't showing the "local settings" directory in C:\Document and Settings\USER\

Chrome executable is located in C:\Document and Settings\USER\local settings\application data\google\chrome\application

I'm using XP and XBMC Eden

I've checked show hidden files and directories in folders settings.
Also unchecked hide protected files. Still no luck.
(2012-09-28, 05:53)struck Wrote: I am having a weird problem with Advanced Launcher. Windows 7. No matter what I do when I go to "Select the launcher application" the only source is fusion.xbmchub.com --- no way to browse files. This is not a problem elsewhere in XBMC. Only here is it not an option. I've attempted to configure AdvancedLauncher but didnt see anything useful. I tried context menu every step of the way but nothing helps.
Use last version of Advanced Launcher (1.9.1) : http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-advanced-l...loads/list and/or read the userguide : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3
(2012-09-28, 19:43)Kartic Wrote: Hi, i need some help on this one. I'm trying to add Google Chrome but Advanced Launcher isn't showing the "local settings" directory in C:\Document and Settings\USER\

Chrome executable is located in C:\Document and Settings\USER\local settings\application data\google\chrome\application

I'm using XP and XBMC Eden

I've checked show hidden files and directories in folders settings.
Also unchecked hide protected files. Still no luck.
You need to check show hidden files and directories into XBMC settings is you want to see hidden files with XBMC, and so with Advanced Launcher.

Thanks Angelscry, didn't know there was an option like that inside xbmc.
Hey Angelscry! Is there a Tutorial how to use AutoIt? I was trying to setup PCSX2 but it doesn't seem to work.
(2012-10-01, 04:14)kamikaze7100 Wrote: Hey Angelscry! Is there a Tutorial how to use AutoIt? I was trying to setup PCSX2 but it doesn't seem to work.
No really a dedicated tutorial, but it could help you : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=36

• 260(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24