• 225(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Hi. Angelscry could you add to addon possibility to disable gamepad in xbmc while i launch game? I always need to remove gamepad keymap because when i play game i hear that gamepad works at the same time in xbmc. My gamepad is Logitech Rumblepad 2.

Regards
Hi, thanks for the great work, I'm excited to get this working.

I'm getting this error when I try to launch a rom:

CDirectDraw:CreateSurface failed.

These roms otherwise work on the computer. I'm running Eden with Aeon Nox and just downloaded the launcher in the repository, I think it was 1.7.6. After this happens xbmc is minimized or sometimes crashes.
(2012-04-07, 12:36)scalpel Wrote: Hi. Angelscry could you add to addon possibility to disable gamepad in xbmc while i launch game? I always need to remove gamepad keymap because when i play game i hear that gamepad works at the same time in xbmc. My gamepad is Logitech Rumblepad 2.

Regards
That's not really possible to disable a gamepad form Advanced Launcher or from XBMC. But the way you can bypass this problem is to avoid XBMC to receive the gamepad input. To do this you have 2 solutions. Use an intermediate launcher that will suspend/resume XBMC when starting your game (http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5) or use an intermediate launcher that will close/start XBMC when starting your game (http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6).

(2012-04-08, 03:46)beetlesnack Wrote: Hi, thanks for the great work, I'm excited to get this working.

These roms otherwise work on the computer. I'm running Eden with Aeon Nox and just downloaded the launcher in the repository, I think it was 1.7.6. After this happens xbmc is minimized or sometimes crashes.
If you have this error message, it's' mean that XBMC and your started emulator encounter graphic incompatibilities and generate a DirecDraw error. There is different ways to fix this :
  • If you are using XBMC into true fullscreen mode, try the switch it to the fullscreen window mode (into XBMC video settings). Sometime it fix the problem.
  • Because it is a direct draw problem, if it is possible, try to change the video renderer option into the emulator (to OpenGL, or something other than DirectDraw).
  • An other solution is to close XBMC before starting the emulator and restart XBMC when the emulator is closed. For this you can use an intermediate launcher like described here : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6.

hello angel
again thx for this great add on that I use everyday!!
I have one specific question that is not really reliated to advance launcher...I have to launch two program at the same time, one first to enable pad emulation, then the game itself...
more precision: I have to launch a "glovepie" shortut ( to enable my 360 pad script) then Mass effect 3 so I can play it in my sofa,relax Smile
I think I can do that wih autoit but ...well...not good enough to achieve it..
Ill be really thanksfull if you an help me!
thanks
cheers

edit: I forgot that the 2 programs have to exit at the end of cours...
(2012-04-08, 14:20)bakito Wrote: hello angel
again thx for this great add on that I use everyday!!
I have one specific question that is not really reliated to advance launcher...I have to launch two program at the same time, one first to enable pad emulation, then the game itself...
more precision: I have to launch a "glovepie" shortut ( to enable my 360 pad script) then Mass effect 3 so I can play it in my sofa,relax Smile
I think I can do that wih autoit but ...well...not good enough to achieve it..
Ill be really thanksfull if you an help me!
thanks
cheers

edit: I forgot that the 2 programs have to exit at the end of cours...
Ok... I'm not actually under windows, I never use glovepie, I never play Mass Effect 3; But according to what I have read on the web, an AutoitScript for what you ask me must look like this. First after AutoIt is installed you need first to create an Autoit script(named launcher-me3.au3 for example) similar to this one :

Code:
Run ('"C:\Program Files (x86)\GlovePIE\glovepie.exe" -"C:\Program Files (x86)\GlovePIE\Scripts\your_script.PIE"',"")
Run ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Mass effect 3\MassEffect3.exe","")
ProcessWaitClose("MassEffect3.exe")
ProcessClose("glovepie.exe")

When your script is created, save it as launcher-me3.au3. Right-click on it and select the Compile script option. AutoIt will automatically create an executable file (launcher-me3.exe) corresponding to your script. Copy this executable file into the same directory than the Mass Effect 3 application file. Now you can modify your Mass Effect 3 launcher into advanced launcher using C:\Program Files (x86)\Mass effect 3\launcher-me3.exe instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Mass effect 3\MassEffect3.exe as application.
thanks for the quick answer!!!
I'll try that as soon as I can!!
cheers
and it works!
thanks!
now I can play mass effect relax!
cheers
Question:

I used to use WMC for my TV Video along with XBMC. WMC was launched from a batch file through the use of Advance Launcher. Recently I switched to the AE Windows build to help with testing and this build uses Exclusive audio mode. I can't run XBMC and WMC at the same time as before since WMC wants the audio and XBMC has it locked. In my WMC.bat file I added a line to use taskkill (windows 7) to kill XBMC and start WMC afterwards since I have a button on my remote to restart XBMC incase of any crashes. Seems my batch file doesn't have enough delay from XBMC shutdown to WMC since I still get audio locks. Could anyone assist in a good way via batch to shutdown XBMC completely and then start up WMC in a timely manner so I can watch livetv without the dreaded Video Error from XBMC.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
(2012-04-08, 22:57)pyrodex Wrote: Question:

I used to use WMC for my TV Video along with XBMC. WMC was launched from a batch file through the use of Advance Launcher. Recently I switched to the AE Windows build to help with testing and this build uses Exclusive audio mode. I can't run XBMC and WMC at the same time as before since WMC wants the audio and XBMC has it locked. In my WMC.bat file I added a line to use taskkill (windows 7) to kill XBMC and start WMC afterwards since I have a button on my remote to restart XBMC incase of any crashes. Seems my batch file doesn't have enough delay from XBMC shutdown to WMC since I still get audio locks. Could anyone assist in a good way via batch to shutdown XBMC completely and then start up WMC in a timely manner so I can watch livetv without the dreaded Video Error from XBMC.
If you want to check the XBMC statut before starting WMC, I strongly suggest you to create a small Autoit script which have iinternal function for that. First after AutoIt is installed you need first to create an Autoit script(named launcher-wmc.au3 for example) similar to this one :

Code:
ProcessClose("xbmc.exe")
ProcessWaitClose("xbmc.exe")
Run ("C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe","")

When your script is created, save it as launcher-wmc.au3. Right-click on it and select the Compile script option. AutoIt will automatically create an executable file (launcher-wmc.exe) corresponding to your script. Copy this executable file into the same directory than the WMC application file. Now you can modify your WMC launcher into advanced launcher using C:\Windows\ehome\launcher-wmc.exe instead of C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe as application.

If you want to restart XBMC automatically after WMC was closed, the script will become :

Code:
ProcessClose("xbmc.exe")
ProcessWaitClose("xbmc.exe")
Run ("C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe","")
ProcessWaitClose("ehshell.exe")
Run ('"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"',"")

Hi

Fantastic work on this launcher, excellent stuff.

I configured my xbox controller for windows using xpadder and it works a treat on games like mario, using snes9x.

This may just be a rom issue but on some roms I cannot get any response either from controller or indeed keyboard.

Has anyone encountered this before?

cheers
(2012-04-12, 14:25)rossglass Wrote: I configured my xbox controller for windows using xpadder and it works a treat on games like mario, using snes9x.

This may just be a rom issue but on some roms I cannot get any response either from controller or indeed keyboard.

Normally gamepad controls are natively managed by emulators. I don't think you need to use xpadder for this. Just setup your emulator to use gamepad or keyboard.Confused

(2012-04-12, 14:52)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 14:25)rossglass Wrote: I configured my xbox controller for windows using xpadder and it works a treat on games like mario, using snes9x.

Normally gamepad controls are natively managed by emulators. I don't think you need to use xpadder for this. Just setup your emulator to use gamepad or keyboard.Confused

Hi

I've used xpadder just to get the controls set up. I only use one emulator (snes9x).

As I've said its working fine on some roms such as mario world and mario allstars but when i load things like mario kart and chrono trigger i get no response when either using my joypad or keyboard.
(2012-04-08, 04:46)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-04-08, 03:46)beetlesnack Wrote: Hi, thanks for the great work, I'm excited to get this working.

If you have this error message, it's' mean that XBMC and your started emulator encounter graphic incompatibilities and generate a DirecDraw error. There is different ways to fix this :
  • If you are using XBMC into true fullscreen mode, try the switch it to the fullscreen window mode (into XBMC video settings). Sometime it fix the problem.
  • Because it is a direct draw problem, if it is possible, try to change the video renderer option into the emulator (to OpenGL, or something other than DirectDraw).
  • An other solution is to close XBMC before starting the emulator and restart XBMC when the emulator is closed. For this you can use an intermediate launcher like described here : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6.

Thank you so much for the tip. Based on your response I actually just switch emulators, now using mednafen. Works great!!

One issue is that I don't get focus returning to XBMC after quitting a rom. Any suggestions to fix this?
Here is some tips and discussion to get XBMC focus back when closing an application : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=199
  • 225(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24