• 298(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Version 1.10.17 : This version of Advanced Launcher fix a small bug added by the previous last version that made some application be started as hidden under Windows systems.

Changelog :
  • Fix bug starting application into hidden state.
I cannot seem to launch any emulators, nestopia or sega fusion.I attempt to open it and after pressing enter nothing happens. My netflix tie in with WMC works just fine:

xbmc frodo official
advanced launcher ver 1.10.17
windows 8 x64 pro
(2013-02-01, 22:19)crud Wrote: I cannot seem to launch any emulators, nestopia or sega fusion.I attempt to open it and after pressing enter nothing happens. My netflix tie in with WMC works just fine:

xbmc frodo official
windows 8 x64 pro
Could you be more precise. Does a nestopia and kega fusion are running into background but are not displayed?
Have you perform a scan to add roms to your launcher before start one of them?

(2013-02-01, 22:22)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 22:19)crud Wrote: I cannot seem to launch any emulators, nestopia or sega fusion.I attempt to open it and after pressing enter nothing happens. My netflix tie in with WMC works just fine:

xbmc frodo official
windows 8 x64 pro
Could you be more precise. Does a nestopia and kega fusion are running into background but are not displayed?
Have you perform a scan to add roms to your launcher before start one of them?

Yes, did all those things, window was losing focus and I finally saw i was getting a "script failed!:addon.py" error
Hello,

I also have a problem with Advanced Launcher (witch is a great addon for XBMC). I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong, or if it is a bug.

The problem is simple, Internet Explorer doesn't start. I would like to view websites with XMBC through Internet Explorer. When i select the created program, the windows desktop comes to the foreground but nothing happens.
I tried to start Google chrome and that works, but google chrome doesn't support kioskmode verry well and meshes up my high DPI settings, so all the letters on websites are blurry.

I tried a lot of things but without any result:

- Added as game launcher with .html/.url files (with always worked with eden icm advanced launcher)
- Added as a Stand alone program > iexplore.exe
- Added as a Stand alone program > iexplore.lnk (on my desktop)
- Added as a stand alone program > batch file with nircmd.exe

I'm really lost here, can someone push me in the right direction for an anwser? Or maybe reproduce the problem, but i guess i'm the only one because i couldn't find anyone with the same problem in this forum.

Hope you can help me Smile.
(2013-02-01, 22:47)crud Wrote: Yes, did all those things, window was losing focus and I finally saw i was getting a "script failed!:addon.py" error
If you obtain this genaral XBMC error message that's mean that there is something wrong with your advanced launcher configuration. Could you post here the content of your xbmc.log (just after error occurs) and launchers.xml files. This will help me to found what is going wrong.

Are you using samba paths?

(2013-02-02, 02:55)psychomaniac Wrote: Hello,

I also have a problem with Advanced Launcher (witch is a great addon for XBMC). I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong, or if it is a bug.

The problem is simple, Internet Explorer doesn't start. I would like to view websites with XMBC through Internet Explorer. When i select the created program, the windows desktop comes to the foreground but nothing happens.
I tried to start Google chrome and that works, but google chrome doesn't support kioskmode verry well and meshes up my high DPI settings, so all the letters on websites are blurry.

- Added as game launcher with .html/.url files (with always worked with eden icm advanced launcher)

I'm really lost here, can someone push me in the right direction for an anwser? Or maybe reproduce the problem, but i guess i'm the only one because i couldn't find anyone with the same problem in this forum.

I have just tested all your diffrent configuration on my Windows system... and only Added as a Stand alone program > iexplore.lnk (on my desktop) was not working. This will be fixed by next version of Advanced Launcher (1.10.18). But for all the other configuration it is normally working perfectly. Are you using the last version of Advanced Launcher 1.10.17. If so... you may have something wrong with your launchers configuration. Could you post here the content of your launchers.xml file? So I will be able to test it on my side and maybe found what is going wrong.

Version 1.10.18 : This new version of Advanced Launcher allows to directly start .lnk files as stand alone launchers without generating script error message.

Changelog :
  • Allow to directly start .lnk files as stand alone launcher.
(2013-02-02, 04:03)Angelscry Wrote:

I have just tested all your diffrent configuration on my Windows system... and only Added as a Stand alone program > iexplore.lnk (on my desktop) was not working. This will be fixed by next version of Advanced Launcher (1.10.18). But for all the other configuration it is normally working perfectly. Are you using the last version of Advanced Launcher 1.10.17. If so... you may have something wrong with your launchers configuration. Could you post here the content of your launchers.xml file? So I will be able to test it on my side and maybe found what is going wrong.

Ok thnx. I'm working right now, nightshift (5:13 am here right now). But i will post it "tomorrow" when I am awake.
(2013-02-02, 06:14)psychomaniac Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 04:03)Angelscry Wrote:

Ok thnx. I'm working right now, nightshift (5:13 am here right now). But i will post it "tomorrow" when I am awake.

I'm awake Wink i only have 1 launcher at the moment, this is the xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<launchers>
<launcher>
<id>af0fa1d4fd91b6726cf530025a670c20</id>
<name>Tweakers</name>
<application>C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</application>
<args>-K "http://www.tweakers.net"</args>
<rompath></rompath>
<thumbpath></thumbpath>
<fanartpath></fanartpath>
<custompath></custompath>
<romext></romext>
<platform></platform>
<thumb></thumb>
<fanart></fanart>
<genre></genre>
<release></release>
<publisher></publisher>
<launcherplot></launcherplot>
<finished>false</finished>
<minimize>false</minimize>
<lnk>true</lnk>
<roms>
</roms>
</launcher>
</launchers>

This is a small part of the log file:

15:33:25 T:4344 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:06
15:33:25 T:3660 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
15:33:34 T:5688 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 5 times.
15:33:34 T:5688 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
15:33:55 T:3112 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
15:33:59 T:5820 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
15:33:59 T:5820 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:33:59 T:4844 ERROR: Control 50 in window 10001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
15:33:59 T:5820 NOTICE: Launcher: found 1 launchers
15:33:59 T:4412 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
15:34:02 T:5400 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
15:34:02 T:5400 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:34:02 T:5400 NOTICE: Launcher: found 1 launchers
15:34:02 T:5400 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
15:34:11 T:4844 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.
15:34:11 T:4844 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Enabled Joystick: Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
15:34:11 T:4844 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Total Axis: 4 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 12
15:34:11 T:4844 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Enabled Joystick: Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
15:34:11 T:4844 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Total Axis: 4 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 12
15:34:14 T:4844 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Enabled Joystick: Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
15:34:14 T:4844 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Total Axis: 4 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 12
15:34:14 T:4844 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Enabled Joystick: Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
15:34:14 T:4844 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Total Axis: 4 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 12
15:34:16 T:2960 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
15:34:16 T:2960 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:34:16 T:2960 NOTICE: Launcher: found 1 launchers
15:34:16 T:2960 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1

I never mentioned that i'm using windows 7 64bit, and tried both 32 and 64bit of explorer.
I have replaced my launchers.xml file by yours and Advanced Launcher was able to open the www.tweakers.net website into Internet Explorer, into kiosk mode without any problem.

Which version of XBMC are you using? Which version of Advanced Launcher are you using? And which skin are your using?
(2013-02-03, 02:12)Angelscry Wrote: I have replaced my launchers.xml file by yours and Advanced Launcher was able to open the www.tweakers.net website into Internet Explorer, into kiosk mode without any problem.

Which version of XBMC are you using? Which version of Advanced Launcher are you using? And which skin are your using?

I'm using XBMC frodo and the latest version of Advanced launcher (couple of posts ago). The skin is Aeon Nox. I will try this afternoon confluence skin, maybe that's the problem...
(2013-01-27, 18:41)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-01-27, 18:19)joelones Wrote: now if i could just solve the no sound issue with the flash plugin
To be able to have sound with external application I think that you will have to waitthe release the final version of Frodo or use the stable version of XBMC (Eden).

Hiya, just wondering if there are any fixes / workarounds for the issue with sound in external apps with Frodo? I'm using xbmcbuntu, attempting to launch skype but get no sound.
Hi, I'm using Frodo RC3 and Advanced launcher on Server 2012. After creating more than 5 launchers I get an addon.py error then it asks me to create a new launcher - If I cancel or complete this then it wipes out any launchers I had previously.
This also happens if I create a new file launcher (emulator) and it fails to scrape information (e,g, Sega Genesis 32X / Sega Mega Drive 32X) or mark a single item as finished.

I've tried uninstalling/deleting from my profile and reinstalling but I am still having the same issue.

Using the AngelCry repo version 1.10.18
(2013-02-03, 12:10)Aergan Wrote: Hi, I'm using Frodo RC3 and Advanced launcher on Server 2012. After creating more than 5 launchers I get an addon.py error then it asks me to create a new launcher - If I cancel or complete this then it wipes out any launchers I had previously.
This also happens if I create a new file launcher (emulator) and it fails to scrape information (e,g, Sega Genesis 32X / Sega Mega Drive 32X) or mark a single item as finished.

I've tried uninstalling/deleting from my profile and reinstalling but I am still having the same issue.

Using the AngelCry repo version 1.10.18
Do you have the same problem is you use the new released and stable version of XBMC? Because RC3 is unstable and now deprecated...

(2013-02-03, 07:28)psychomaniac Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 02:12)Angelscry Wrote: I have replaced my launchers.xml file by yours and Advanced Launcher was able to open the www.tweakers.net website into Internet Explorer, into kiosk mode without any problem.

I'm using XBMC frodo and the latest version of Advanced launcher (couple of posts ago). The skin is Aeon Nox. I will try this afternoon confluence skin, maybe that's the problem...
By Frodo you mean the release version or a RC version?

• 298(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24