• 304(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2013-02-12, 13:11)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 00:34)davelr Wrote: Couldn't find anything on this with search.

Is there a way to hide the Advanced Launcher "Opening Stream" message box?
Which "Opening Stream" message box are you talking about? How do you do to obtain it? Which version of XBMC are your using? With wich skin?
Ok... I have found what you are talking about. The problem comes from the XBMC favourite script that is not able to create correct favourite for Advanced Launcher items. The script is not able to make difference between media and application. To fix this you will have to edit the xbmc/userdata/favourites.xml file and replace Advanced Launcher favourites PlayMedia() calls by RunPlugin() calls, like this :

Code:
<favourite name="Darksiders (AL Item)" thumb="/run/media/angelscry/GWENAEL/Emulation/advanced launcher/gaika/darksiders_thumb.jpg">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?fd4007c4866c0c7f5cc0f9e1037ae85c/7688100b4b8d75aa5206f09a03ec046e&quot;)</favourite>

to this :

Code:
<favourite name="Darksiders (AL Item)" thumb="/run/media/angelscry/GWENAEL/Emulation/advanced launcher/gaika/darksiders_thumb.jpg">RunPlugin(&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?fd4007c4866c0c7f5cc0f9e1037ae85c/7688100b4b8d75aa5206f09a03ec046e&quot;)</favourite>
hey angel sorry to bother but I quickly adapt a autoit script to stop xbmc and launch hyperspin ( then hyperspin itself restart xbmc) but I missed something at the end so the script closed correclty when hyperspin is closed ( for now I can still view the icon of autoit in "paused" state)

here is my script:

If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
ProcessClose ( "XBMC.exe" )
Run ( '"J:\emulations\retro\HyperSpin.exe" "' & $CmdLine[1] & '"', "J:\emulations\retro\" )
While 1
Sleep(100)
WEnd
EndIf

what should I add to make it closed?

thanks!
(2013-02-12, 15:19)bakito Wrote: hey angel sorry to bother but I quickly adapt a autoit script to stop xbmc and launch hyperspin ( then hyperspin itself restart xbmc) but I missed something at the end so the script closed correclty when hyperspin is closed ( for now I can still view the icon of autoit in "paused" state)

here is my script:

If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
Run ( '"J:\emulations\retro\HyperSpin.exe" "' & $CmdLine[1] & '"', "J:\emulations\retro\" )
While 1
Sleep(100)
WEnd
EndIf

what should I add to make it closed?

thanks!
Remove the While loop :

Code:
If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
    Run ( '"J:\emulations\retro\HyperSpin.exe"  "' & $CmdLine[1] & '"', "J:\emulations\retro\" )
EndIf
(2013-02-12, 13:42)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 13:11)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 00:34)davelr Wrote: Couldn't find anything on this with search.

Is there a way to hide the Advanced Launcher "Opening Stream" message box?
Which "Opening Stream" message box are you talking about? How do you do to obtain it? Which version of XBMC are your using? With wich skin?
Ok... I have found what you are talking about. The problem comes from the XBMC favourite script that is not able to create correct favourite for Advanced Launcher items. The script is not able to make difference between media and application. To fix this you will have to edit the xbmc/userdata/favourites.xml file and replace Advanced Launcher favourites PlayMedia() calls by RunPlugin() calls, like this :

Code:
<favourite name="Darksiders (AL Item)" thumb="/run/media/angelscry/GWENAEL/Emulation/advanced launcher/gaika/darksiders_thumb.jpg">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?fd4007c4866c0c7f5cc0f9e1037ae85c/7688100b4b8d75aa5206f09a03ec046e&quot;)</favourite>

to this :

Code:
<favourite name="Darksiders (AL Item)" thumb="/run/media/angelscry/GWENAEL/Emulation/advanced launcher/gaika/darksiders_thumb.jpg">RunPlugin(&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?fd4007c4866c0c7f5cc0f9e1037ae85c/7688100b4b8d75aa5206f09a03ec046e&quot;)</favourite>

Thanks much, that takes care of the problem. My apologies for not posting more info initially, but since I'd always seen this message I thought it was a designed "feature" of Adv Launcher.

As a note for anyone else who runs into this there's a little more to "cleaning up" the problem.

What I was doing was using favorites to create custom main menu items in Aeon Nox using the following procedure:
  • Create an Advanced Launcher item
  • Add this item to Favorites
  • Create a menu entry from this Favorite
  • Remove the item from the Favorites list so that it doesn't show up in the normal favorites menu list

Of course to fix the call, I had to add the launchers back as favorites, edit Favorites.xml, and then recreate the menu item. This all worked fine, but when I went to Advanced Launcher to remove the items from the favorites list, Advanced Launcher no longer knew that they were in the favorites list. So, my new procedure is:
  • Create an item in Advanced Launcher
  • Add the item to Favorites
  • Edit Favorites.xml and change PlayMedia to RunPlugin
  • Create a menu entry from the Favorite
  • Re-edit Favorites.xml and remove the item from favorites

This works great. Thanks again for the help.
thanks a lot angel!
cheer
Hi!
I have some problems with the Advanced Launcher.

I have just created a simple .py script and want to be able to run it from within xbmc. I tried to add is as a stand alone launcher but i only get a: "Error: Script Failed!: addon.py" when I add it. What am I'm doing wrong? As application argument i have tried blank, "./" and ./ but nothing seems to help. The script works great if I run it through SSH so it's no problem with the script, I just cant get it to work from AL.

Would appreciate any help! Thanks.
Hello Angelscry,

I am faced with an issue regarding my comic collection on my Ipad. Is there any way to potentially use Advanced launcher on Ipad xbmc? Now that the latest is jailbroke I was hoping that we would see a support for comic reading via xbmc on ipad, if not is there any plans in the roadmap for support of Advanced launcher on ipad or comic reading on ipad? Please let me know thank you =)
(2013-02-14, 03:54)Oopsjoppe Wrote: Hi!
I have some problems with the Advanced Launcher.

I have just created a simple .py script and want to be able to run it from within xbmc. I tried to add is as a stand alone launcher but i only get a: "Error: Script Failed!: addon.py" when I add it. What am I'm doing wrong? As application argument i have tried blank, "./" and ./ but nothing seems to help. The script works great if I run it through SSH so it's no problem with the script, I just cant get it to work from AL.

Would appreciate any help! Thanks.
A python script is not an application. If you want to start this script you need to do it from the /usr/bin/python executable. So if you want to make a stand alone launcher configuration will be :

application : /usr/bin/python
arguments : "/path/to/your/python_script.py"

(2013-02-14, 10:22)nekoarashi Wrote: I am faced with an issue regarding my comic collection on my Ipad. Is there any way to potentially use Advanced launcher on Ipad xbmc? Now that the latest is jailbroke I was hoping that we would see a support for comic reading via xbmc on ipad, if not is there any plans in the roadmap for support of Advanced launcher on ipad or comic reading on ipad? Please let me know thank you =)
I don't know. I do not have any iPad.... so it will be complicated for me to make a support on this specific platform.

BTW, Advanced Launcher is made to start applications using command line. So... if you want to read comics on your iPad through XBMC/Advanced Launcher, you first need to found an iPad application that will launch comics using the command line. Is there any application that can do this on your iPad?
hey there,
the last days i figure out how to run wine games on ubuntu 12.04 minimal and i want to share my experience.

first i create an shellscript like

Code:
#!/bin/bash

#killall -STOP xbmc.bin

# turn off screen blanking and dpms
xset s off
xset -dpms

xboxdrv -l 3 -s --dpad-only --trigger-as-button --ui-buttonmap "guide=KEY_ESC,start=KEY_ENTER"  &

cd /media/640GB/Games/AbesOddysee

wine "AbeWin.exe"

# turn on screen blanking and dpms
xset +dpms
xset s on

killall xboxdrv

#killall -CONT xbmc.bin

than create a launcher like this
Code:
<launcher>
        <id>97127da57a1ef8214db3d9971494e7fd</id>
        <name>Abes Oddysee</name>
        <application>sh</application>
        <args>/media/640GB/Games/AbesOddysee.sh</args>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <thumbpath>/media/640GB/Games/AbesOddysee/</thumbpath>
        <fanartpath>/media/640GB/Games/AbesOddysee/</fanartpath>
        <custompath>/media/640GB/Games/AbesOddysee/</custompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <platform>IBM PC Compatible</platform>
        <thumb>/media/640GB/Games/AbesOddysee/sh_thumb.jpg</thumb>
        <fanart>/media/640GB/Games/AbesOddysee/sh_fanart.jpg</fanart>
        <genre>Action / Platform</genre>
        <release>1997</release>
        <publisher>Oddworld Inhabitants/Digital Dialect</publisher>
        <launcherplot>Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee is a multi-award–winning platform video game developed by Oddworld Inhabitants and published by GT Interactive. It was released in 1997 for the PlayStation video game console, DOS and Microsoft Windows in North America, Australia and Europe. The game was released under the title Abe a GoGo in Japan for the PlayStation by publisher SoftBank, with a PC version following in 2001. Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee was the first game in the planned five-part Oddworld Quintology, which includes Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus and Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee.The game centers on the titular Abe, a Mudokon slave working at the RuptureFarms meat processing factory on Oddworld. When he discovers that he and his fellow Mudokons are to be slaughtered and processed into the corporation's new product line-up he decides to escape and liberate as many enslaved Mudokons as he can along the way. The player assumes the role of Abe as he attempts escape from the factory in a perilous quest to emancipate his downtrodden people.Abe's Oddysee was widely acclaimed for having innovative gameplay, good graphics and engaging cut-scenes; however, its large learning curve and system of saving only at checkpoints received criticism.</launcherplot>
        <finished>false</finished>
        <minimize>false</minimize>
        <lnk></lnk>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>

maybe its helpful for you ,because i am found not so much on the internet.

thanks allot Angelscry for this wonderful plugin it should be merged to masterSmile
Hi,

This is my first time using Advanced Launcher and I am encountering a problem. I have done a quick search but cant seem to fine a solution.

I have setup Project 64 in Advanced Launcher 1.12.2 in Frodo.

I have added 1 rom, Mario Kart 64 which I can run fine from Project 64 in windows. When I try to run it from Advanced Launcher it seems to open Project 64 then displays "attempt to open file failed"

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

When I try to open the zip file in windows with Project64 it works fine.

EDIT - nevermind. I had it set as %roms% not "%roms%"
Hi again.

2 questions.

Q1. Can I re-scan for local thumb and fanart?

Somehow my GBC and GBA launchers got deleted. All ROMS and NFO's are in /GBA/ all art was saved to /GBA/art/ I changed addon settings to scrape locally but no thumb or fanart has been imported.

Q2. Can another instance of Advanced Launcher get auto updated?

I used a tutorial to duplicate advanced launcher (I want to keep separate 'libraries' one for games one for comics)
Can my duplicate launcher get auto-updated? currently it's at 1.12.0 not 1.12.2
Hello,
I'm new to xbmc and I tried to set up advanced launcher to launch WMC Live TV with a .lnk file. Everything seems to work except that when I exit WMC and return to xbmc it will freeze the first time sound is played (when I start a movie or when browsing tv shows and the theme music tries to play through TVtunes addon). This happens when I have audio set to DirectSound. When I switch to WASAPI, sometimes WMC will launch just fine but sometimes I get an error saying "Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly. Restart Windows Media Center or restart the computer". When I return to xbmc, sometimes everything is fine and other times I will lose sound and/or freeze. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
(2013-02-16, 18:07)aNILEator Wrote: Q1. Can I re-scan for local thumb and fanart?
Yes, go into Advanced Launcher settings, and for Thumbs and Fanarts menus, set "Collecting method" option to "Local Images". Then Advanced Launcher will automatically get images where they are supposed to be.

(2013-02-16, 18:07)aNILEator Wrote: Somehow my GBC and GBA launchers got deleted. All ROMS and NFO's are in /GBA/ all art was saved to /GBA/art/ I changed addon settings to scrape locally but no thumb or fanart has been imported.
Since version 1.12.0, Advanced Launcher include an autobackup option to avoid problem like this one. Go into Advanced Launcher settings, then Backup/Debug menu, select Load a backup launchers.xml file. You will have a list of launchers.xml files named like this : YYYMMDD-HHMMSS-MILLIS-launchers.xml. Slectec the one corresponding to a date before your GBC and GBA launcherr was deleted.

(2013-02-16, 18:07)aNILEator Wrote: Q2. Can another instance of Advanced Launcher get auto updated?
Unfortunately not. Only the original instance will be automatically updated. You need to copy/paste the content of your xbmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher folder into the duplicated folder and reedit manualy the necessary files.
what is the correct artwork naming convention for Adavnced Launcher in Frodo? Has this changed?

Can we use Frodo-compliant naming conventions like:

MyGameName.iso
MyGameName.nfo
MyGameName-poster.jpg
MyGameName-fanart.jpg
(2013-02-17, 22:41)deh2k7 Wrote: what is the correct artwork naming convention for Adavnced Launcher in Frodo? Has this changed?

Can we use Frodo-compliant naming conventions like:

MyGameName.iso
MyGameName.nfo
MyGameName-poster.jpg
MyGameName-fanart.jpg
Naming convention is :

MyGameName.iso
MyGameName.nfo
MyGameName_thumb.jpg
MyGameName_fanart.jpg

if thumbs and fanarts images are into the same directory. If thumbs and fanarts are into differents directories, they must just be named : MyGameName.jpg
  • 304(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24