• 341(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
perfect- I am somewhat familiar with the process - I followed your instructions about a year ago and worked like a champ.

Thanks again

Just to be 100% i have a launchers.xml in two spots

Documents\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advance.launcher
and
AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advance.launcher

which one is the one i need?
(2013-06-12, 18:13)dugan26 Wrote: perfect- I am somewhat familiar with the process - I followed your instructions about a year ago and worked like a champ.

Thanks again

Just to be 100% i have a launchers.xml in two spots

Documents\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advance.launcher
and
AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advance.launcher

which one is the one i need?
The one into AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advance.launcher. Normally you must not have any launchers.xml file into Documents\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advance.launcherHuh? Huh
you know what - I may have just backed up your whole userdata folder in there at some point
Kinda related to Advanced Launcher, I promise...

After starting up XBMC on Windows 7 something steals focus away after 30 seconds or so. I've created an ALT-Tab button on my remote to get around the problem, but it's annoying. I found the instructions below which detail a registry fix to prevent this from happening... thought it might be a more permanent solution, as opposed to fixing whatever is currently stealing focus, only to have something new pop up...

And here's how it's Advanced Launcher related! MY question/concern is simply: would this mess up/interfere with anything Advanced Launcher related? I use AL for launching into WMC's Netflix app and for launching PC games and console emulations. AL is a huge part of any good XBMC HTPC setup, so can't risk breaking it!

Quote:When programs start stealing focus, they "pop up" in front of the window that you're currently viewing. A default setting in Windows prevents this from happening. If programs are stealing focus from your current window then this setting has been changed.

Follow the instructions below to stop this from happening for good.

Note: Changes to the Windows Registry are made in these steps. Take great care in making only the changes described below. I recommend that you backup the registry keys you're modifying in these steps as an extra precaution.

Here's How:

Click on Start and then Run.

In the text box in the Run window, type regedit and click OK. This will open the Registry Editor program.

Locate the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder under My Computer and click on the (+) sign next the folder name to expand the folder.

Continue to expand folders until you reach the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel registry key.

Select the Desktop key under Control Panel.

On the right-hand side of the screen, locate and double-click on the ForegroundLockTimeout DWORD.

In the Edit DWORD Value window that appears, set the Value data: field to 30d40.

Note: Make sure the Base option is set to Hexadecimal when entering the DWORD value.

Click OK and then close Registry Editor.

Reboot your PC for the changes you made to take effect.

From this point forward, programs should no longer steal the focus from the window that you're currently working in.
Need some help launching spotify in combination with openbox.
I have created a script with the following content:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

openbox &
/usr/bin/spotify &
/usr/bin/spotcommander

killall -9 openbox

This should open spotify and spotcommander in seperate windows right?
Individual applications are installed properly....
When I try to run the script however from the launcher, nothing happens...any idea on how to fix this?
Is it possible to use Advance Launcher on Android??
To either launch roms or apps??
(2013-06-12, 20:51)jaydash Wrote: Kinda related to Advanced Launcher, I promise...

After starting up XBMC on Windows 7 something steals focus away after 30 seconds or so. I've created an ALT-Tab button on my remote to get around the problem, but it's annoying. I found the instructions below which detail a registry fix to prevent this from happening... thought it might be a more permanent solution, as opposed to fixing whatever is currently stealing focus, only to have something new pop up...

And here's how it's Advanced Launcher related! MY question/concern is simply: would this mess up/interfere with anything Advanced Launcher related? I use AL for launching into WMC's Netflix app and for launching PC games and console emulations. AL is a huge part of any good XBMC HTPC setup, so can't risk breaking it!

Quote:When programs start stealing focus, they "pop up" in front of the window that you're currently viewing. A default setting in Windows prevents this from happening. If programs are stealing focus from your current window then this setting has been changed.

Follow the instructions below to stop this from happening for good.

Note: Changes to the Windows Registry are made in these steps. Take great care in making only the changes described below. I recommend that you backup the registry keys you're modifying in these steps as an extra precaution.

Here's How:

Click on Start and then Run.

In the text box in the Run window, type regedit and click OK. This will open the Registry Editor program.

Locate the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder under My Computer and click on the (+) sign next the folder name to expand the folder.

Continue to expand folders until you reach the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel registry key.

Select the Desktop key under Control Panel.

On the right-hand side of the screen, locate and double-click on the ForegroundLockTimeout DWORD.

In the Edit DWORD Value window that appears, set the Value data: field to 30d40.

Note: Make sure the Base option is set to Hexadecimal when entering the DWORD value.

Click OK and then close Registry Editor.

Reboot your PC for the changes you made to take effect.

From this point forward, programs should no longer steal the focus from the window that you're currently working in.
To be honest I don't know. When Advanced launcher start an application it control the XBMC state/focus and start the application and give it automatically the focus. So here no problem. The problem could be when you will close the application. Normally XBMC will automatically regain the focus by itself... but with your trick, I don't know if it will work. You will have to try it.

If it doesn't work, you always have the possibility to create a launcher script (using autoit for example) that will control focuses of XBMC and your started application : http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs...tivate.htm

But in my opinion, you have taken the problem in the wrong way. Try to identify which process is stealing the focus (because it is not normal for Windows systems) and disable or uninstall it from your system.

(2013-06-12, 22:51)styx06 Wrote: Need some help launching spotify in combination with openbox.
I have created a script with the following content:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

openbox &
/usr/bin/spotify &
/usr/bin/spotcommander

killall -9 openbox

This should open spotify and spotcommander in seperate windows right?
Individual applications are installed properly....
When I try to run the script however from the launcher, nothing happens...any idea on how to fix this?
Could be linked to a lot of thing. First check, do you have render your .sh script executable for the XBMC user?

(2013-06-13, 01:29)Androider Wrote: Is it possible to use Advance Launcher on Android??
To either launch roms or apps??
No because Android version of XBMC already include feature to start Android applications. For roms, I'm pratically sure that the Android emulators do not allow to start roms using the command line.
<never mind>
(2013-03-24, 18:10)Angelscry Wrote: Ok... I have finally fix the problem:
  • Install last Frodo XBMC version (12.1).
  • Make this modification : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1372385. But instead of modifying the /etc/asound.conf file, do it with your ~/.asoundrc file.
  • Then, if your DHDMI is directly plugged to the TV (like for me), setup XBMC audio settings like this :

Could you help me out again Smile
I am launching Spotify for Linux via the App Launcher but get no sound. Whe n applying your above fix however, Spotify will not playback at all anymore and will give me an error: "There is a problem with the connection to Spotify. Please try again shortly"

As soon as I remove the .asoundrc file and reboot, playback starts, albeit without sound. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
(2013-06-14, 00:34)styx06 Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 18:10)Angelscry Wrote: Ok... I have finally fix the problem:
  • Install last Frodo XBMC version (12.1).
  • Make this modification : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1372385. But instead of modifying the /etc/asound.conf file, do it with your ~/.asoundrc file.
  • Then, if your DHDMI is directly plugged to the TV (like for me), setup XBMC audio settings like this :

Could you help me out again Smile
I am launching Spotify for Linux via the App Launcher but get no sound. Whe n applying your above fix however, Spotify will not playback at all anymore and will give me an error: "There is a problem with the connection to Spotify. Please try again shortly"

As soon as I remove the .asoundrc file and reboot, playback starts, albeit without sound. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Try to go into Advanced Launcher settings > Miscellaneous > Launcher start options > Action on XBMC playing media and test this option with "Stop" or "Let Play" values.
Already tried that, also disabled the GUI sounds, but getting the same message...
(2013-06-14, 08:33)styx06 Wrote: Already tried that, also disabled the GUI sounds, but getting the same message...
But are your sure that the error message :

Code:
There is a problem with the connection to Spotify. Please try again shortly

is related to your audio setup and not to your internet connection?
Yes, especially because searching tracks works normally, and if I delete the .asoundrc file and reboot, I see the player starting (time is running) and the message is gone. but no sound....
(2013-06-14, 15:32)styx06 Wrote: Yes, especially because searching tracks works normally, and if I delete the .asoundrc file and reboot, I see the player starting (time is running) and the message is gone. but no sound....
And if you start the .sh script out of XBMC, is it working, right? Are you using Pulse audio on your system?
SOLVED!

I initally followed the Audio Setup guide from the wiki up till editing the settings in the alsamixer. From there the sound over XBMC worked, but apparently the config was incomplete after all.

Followed the rest of the guide, and everyting is okay now.
Well....almost. After closing the script sometimes (yes, sometimes) the returning XBMC window is offset down (so inducing a black bar on the top). Will try a closing wmctrl command at the end of the script
  • 341(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24