• 446(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2016-01-16, 12:50)run088 Wrote: Is it possible to path substitute the launcher.xml?

bump

I run the same setup on 6 different kodi machines. If anyone knows how to get path substitution to work on the launchers.xml it would really help me out.

thanks.
(2016-01-16, 06:06)Rufoo Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 05:44)dcquence Wrote: I am using Mimic skin with google mainly but I have tried all the scrapers. It works fine for say SNES, Genesis and NEO GEO but never for Standalone Launchers aka PC games.

I tried switching to default skins when this first happened as well as running Kodi as admin, even doing a full re-install and deleting C:\users\dcquence\appdata\roaming\kodi

Try using your PC games not as a standalone launcher but the same as an emulator. So have .lnk files to your PC exes and use Explorer.exe as your launcher application. Try performing scrapes under this setup and report the results. Smile

So, I tried this and got the exact same result. It tries to import then says no image found

Here is the full debug log of going to Advanced Launcher and scanning Lego Marvel's Avengers.
http://pastebin.com/p7xSpT7T

Edit: I just realized, my python version is 3.5, does the addon require 2.7?
Not sure which single item fixed it but thought I should post my solution.

I uninstalled AL and any left over files/folders
I uninstalled Python 3.5 and cleaned up any leftover
I re-installed Python 2.7 and added C:\Python27; to my $PATH
I re-installed AL and added all games as Emulator with explorer.exe as Emu and lnk as rom files with all lnks in C:\Games

All scraping working now.

Seems like it was Python causing the issue. What sucks because my NHLStreams add-on seems to require Python 3.5.
Wondered if anyone out there has the Sega Model 2 Emulator installed and games launching via Advanced Launcher?

I used to have this working and have Model 3 working (and other emulators) fine, but when launching a Model 2 game it launches the emulator but not the game. I have "%rom%" as my arguments and zip as the extension.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks
(2016-02-18, 17:13)Buff Wrote: Wondered if anyone out there has the Sega Model 2 Emulator installed and games launching via Advanced Launcher?

I used to have this working and have Model 3 working (and other emulators) fine, but when launching a Model 2 game it launches the emulator but not the game. I have "%rom%" as my arguments and zip as the extension.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

I've done some minor experimenting with this but I'm fairly certain it doesn't work although I'd hope to be proven wrong. Smile

The reasoning behind why it fails or doesn't work is because Advanced Launcher passes the full path to a given emulator (eg: X:\ROMS\MYGAME.ZIP) via the "%rom%" and %rom% arguments. Trouble is, M2 Emulator as far as I can tell only accepts emulator.exe gamename as command line arguments and that's it! M2 Emulator has to have a rom directory defined within itself through its own ini file or by default it will scan for a rom subdirectory in its own directory. In other words, path information is completely ignored by M2 emulator via command line.
Trying to get this to launch Netflix app. Technically it launches Netflix Remote Controller.

Using aeon skin.

I managed to get it sort of working. Once I setup the Application Launcher source (I chose IBM PC compatible?), I added a "Programs" link to the home page. This works, but only after going through a sub page, which is clunky.

All I want is to be able to add a main menu item that when selected, launches the Netflix app directly with no sub menus. And for it not to lose focus. Is this possible?

EDIT: losing focus was just a launcher4kodi setting.
(2016-02-19, 14:58)the_scotsman Wrote: Trying to get this to launch Netflix app. Technically it launches Netflix Remote Controller.

Using aeon skin.

I managed to get it sort of working. Once I setup the Application Launcher source (I chose IBM PC compatible?), I added a "Programs" link to the home page. This works, but only after going through a sub page, which is clunky.

All I want is to be able to add a main menu item that when selected, launches the Netflix app directly with no sub menus. And for it not to lose focus. Is this possible?

Create a launcher, link your app to that launcher, press C on your chosen app in the launcher, pick Add to Favourites, go to your skins menu and find the section that does stuff to your home screen and find a way to add a custom favourite, pick the app you added as your favourite. Viola! Smile
(2016-02-19, 15:42)Rufoo Wrote:
(2016-02-19, 14:58)the_scotsman Wrote: Trying to get this to launch Netflix app. Technically it launches Netflix Remote Controller.

Using aeon skin.

Create a launcher, link your app to that launcher, press C on your chosen app in the launcher, pick Add to Favourites, go to your skins menu and find the section that does stuff to your home screen and find a way to add a custom favourite, pick the app you added as your favourite. Viola! Smile

Thanks Smile

This sort of works. But I now have a favourites item on my main menu. I have to select this, which takes me to another screen, where I then select Netflix.

Is there no way to have it open Netflix as soon as I choose the main menu item?
(2016-02-19, 11:43)Rufoo Wrote: I've done some minor experimenting with this but I'm fairly certain it doesn't work although I'd hope to be proven wrong. Smile

The reasoning behind why it fails or doesn't work is because Advanced Launcher passes the full path to a given emulator (eg: X:\ROMS\MYGAME.ZIP) via the "%rom%" and %rom% arguments. Trouble is, M2 Emulator as far as I can tell only accepts emulator.exe gamename as command line arguments and that's it! M2 Emulator has to have a rom directory defined within itself through its own ini file or by default it will scan for a rom subdirectory in its own directory. In other words, path information is completely ignored by M2 emulator via command line.

Hi Rufoo,

So that completely works - many thanks.

What I've done in Advanced Launcher is create a new launcher for Model 2 & Model 3 games (called it Sega Arcade) but assumed the Supermodel emulator as the default one - this won't launch the Model 2 games but will the Model 3 games. Then with the Model 2 games go into Advanced Modifications for each game, select Alternative Application and select the Model 2 emulator (emulator_multicpu.exe or emulator.exe) then go back in and select Alternative Arguments and type, as an example; emulator_multicpu.exe Daytona

Angelscry did tell me about the Alternative Argument option a few months back, but I didn't know about adding the gamename after.

It's a bit of a long method as you have to do this for each game - but there aren't that many Sega Model 2 games, so hasn't taken too long.

Thanks for your help Rufoo - hope that helps you too.
Hi All.

Need a bit of support.

Just started using advance launcher for my emulator collection on android but am running into some hiccups. Am running the following

Nvidia shield TV - Marshmallow
Snes98 plus ex
md.emu
nes.emu
mame for android

Jarvis Beta (so pass through works on my amp)

So first question I am guessing a limitation with android is you cant have roms on a central nas drive as the emulators on android cannot see them? tried setting this up but always get file not found when trying to launch?

So based on the above i went and bought a 64gb usb drive to store roms and thumbnails / fanart. I seem to be able to add each launcher and rom sets no problem, the problem i do have is that n matter what scrapper i try and use it can never find anything using online sources..

is scrapping a problem at the moment or is it my set-up? i have tried using google, gamesdb, gamefaq etc etc.. but with the same effect.
(2016-02-24, 18:16)kiaenigma27 Wrote: Hi All.

Need a bit of support.

Just started using advance launcher for my emulator collection on android but am running into some hiccups. Am running the following

Snes98 plus ex
md.emu
nes.emu
mame for android

So first question I am guessing a limitation with android is you cant have roms on a central nas drive as the emulators on android cannot see them? tried setting this up but always get file not found when trying to launch?

So based on the above i went and bought a 64gb usb drive to store roms and thumbnails / fanart. I seem to be able to add each launcher and rom sets no problem, the problem i do have is that n matter what scrapper i try and use it can never find anything using online sources..

is scrapping a problem at the moment or is it my set-up? i have tried using google, gamesdb, gamefaq etc etc.. but with the same effect.

I took have issues scrapping. ive gone the route of local images

as for the NAS issue. Adv Lncr wont see them unless you MOUNT the path to the nas. (aka add it as a source) it should see them then
(2016-02-24, 23:56)rdyott Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 18:16)kiaenigma27 Wrote: Hi All.

Need a bit of support.

Snes98 plus ex
md.emu
nes.emu
mame for android

I took have issues scrapping. ive gone the route of local images

as for the NAS issue. Adv Lncr wont see them unless you MOUNT the path to the nas. (aka add it as a source) it should see them then

Thanks. I do have the folders mounted and advance launcher sees the files fine and brings them back into the list... its only when i try and play them it says file not found..
Random question...is there any way to customize the way the launcher looks? I noticed on Rom Collection Browser that you can change the skin on the add-on and also change the view listings to look...well fancier than stock. Does Advanced have any customization?
OK i think i have worked out my problem with the scrapers.

did a bit of reading this morning and it seems on android devices since the last update SD cards and USB drives are non writable so the scrapers cannot save the artwork even though when you open the launcher.xml the artwork file shows up.

gonna move it to the internal drive of the machine and see if that makes a difference.
(2016-02-25, 06:39)Aubins Wrote: Random question...is there any way to customize the way the launcher looks? I noticed on Rom Collection Browser that you can change the skin on the add-on and also change the view listings to look...well fancier than stock. Does Advanced have any customization?

Advanced Launcher is reliant upon the parent skin to provide the views for it whereas Rom Collection Browser packs in its own views. Ergo, you need to use a skin which has fancy views for their addon sections as AL doesn't come with any.
  • 446(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24