• 450(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2016-07-29, 07:49)bakito Wrote: hello every one, just learn about AEL and I have one question: if I install it does it remove ( take place) of my old advanced launcher add on?
Thanks for keeping this wonderful add on alive!!
Cheers

To complement Rufoo's answer:

* You can import Advanced Launcher launchers.xml into AEL. Go to Settings --> Advanced --> Import launchers.xml

* Both addons can coexist in your Kodi insallation. You can delete ROMs/Launchers in AEL and nothing will happen in AL.

* The only things that will modify stuff that occur to me now are: A) If you use AEL online scrapper to download thumbs/fanarts those will overwrite the artwork you already have. B) If you use AEL to export NFO files and you already have AL/RCB NFO files they will be overwritten. AEL format for NFO files has changed a bit, so be careful about this.

In any case... please try and test AEL and report on Github if you find problems. Play with it, but do not do "serious work" with AEL. "Serious work" means spending lot of time configuring metadata. Reason is that AEL is in development, and the format of the plugin ROM storage has not been fixed. If I have to change the ROM storage then you will need to rescan/reimport your launchers. You have been warned! However, ROM scanner speed (and plugin speed in general) has been increased A LOT (in some cases by several orders of magnitude: from about 1 hour to about 10/20 seconds), specially for users that have many ROMs among all launchers, so rescanning/reimporting everything with AEL is not a big deal.
Where I find AEL?

Wanna test
(2016-07-29, 14:05)sagrath Wrote: Where I find AEL?

Wanna test

Here. I have written installation instructions in Github.
thanks for your answer, when I have time I will give it a try!
cheers
Omg i'm so glad someone started a new launcher, being stuck with advanced launcher and all of its issues lately.

/sheers for Wintermute0110! ^^
Hi, great addon...

Anyone knows how to fix the "no sound" problem on linuxHuh With advanced launcher (on ubuntu 14) using a script to suspend kodi and modifying "launcher_plugin.py", solve the problem, having sound both kodi and retroarch with alsa driver...

But modifying main.py on AEL, give music on retroarch, but mute kodi after exit the emulator...

Anyone knows how to fix thisHuh thankyou
(2016-07-29, 15:16)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-07-29, 14:05)sagrath Wrote: Where I find AEL?

Wanna test

Here. I have written installation instructions in Github.

It fails when installing in my Raspberry Pi's OpenELEC 6.0.3 (Kodi 15)... I will try in LibreELEC 8 alpha (Kodi 17 alpha) that is where advanced launcher stop working...

Wintermute0110, it would be easier for others if you upload a pre-release in github with addon zip renamed and ready to install...

anyway, thanks for your work!
(2016-08-01, 09:41)bite_your_idols Wrote: It fails when installing in my Raspberry Pi's OpenELEC 6.0.3 (Kodi 15)... I will try in LibreELEC 8 alpha (Kodi 17 alpha) that is where advanced launcher stop working...

Wintermute0110, it would be easier for others if you upload a pre-release in github with addon zip renamed and ready to install...

Your are welcomed. I hope you will enjoy AEL.

It could be a dependency problem. AEL depends on both ElementTree and SimpleJSON. I developed and tested on Jarvis and both on Debian and Windows it installs without any issues. It is difficult for me to try Kodi 15 right now. Please try LibreELEC with Krypton alpha and report the results.

Currently AEL is undergoing many many changes to support more artwork assets. Once 1.0.0 is released I will think of an easy way to install it, yes. Now, the kind of (advanced) users I want to test AEL should be able to install from Github and update frequently Smile
(2016-08-01, 11:41)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 09:41)bite_your_idols Wrote: It fails when installing in my Raspberry Pi's OpenELEC 6.0.3 (Kodi 15)... I will try in LibreELEC 8 alpha (Kodi 17 alpha) that is where advanced launcher stop working...

Your are welcomed. I hope you will enjoy AEL.

It could be a dependency problem. AEL depends on both ElementTree and SimpleJSON. I developed and tested on Jarvis and both on Debian and Windows it installs without any issues. It is difficult for me to try Kodi 15 right now. Please try LibreELEC with Krypton alpha and report the results.

Currently AEL is undergoing many many changes to support more artwork assets. Once 1.0.0 is released I will think of an easy way to install it, yes. Now, the kind of (advanced) users I want to test AEL should be able to install from Github and update frequently Smile

I think the dependencies problem is with python version, but I think trying to make it work in an old kodi is a waste of time, it is better to focus on present/future, so when I have some free time will check in LibreELEC 8 alpha.. it is important to make this addon work to include it in my retrogaming addon: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=276002

thanks!
(2016-08-01, 12:03)bite_your_idols Wrote: it is important to make this addon work to include it in my retrogaming addon: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=276002

thanks!
Oooh yeah definately.

I installed this addon myself and tweaked the scrap_info.py a litte so I could use the regular hyperspin Genesis.xml to scrape Mega Drive games, and everything works like a charm on my windows machine, but I simply cannot get AEL to scrape ANY games automatically on my LE 7.0.2 RPi3 Box for some reason.

I guess maybe it has to do with rights but i'll tinker some more. But i am so happy that you are planning to use AEL in your Gamestarter addon! ^^
(2016-08-02, 17:04)Arokhaerr Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 12:03)bite_your_idols Wrote: it is important to make this addon work to include it in my retrogaming addon: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=276002

thanks!
Oooh yeah definately.

I installed this addon myself and tweaked the scrap_info.py a litte so I could use the regular hyperspin Genesis.xml to scrape Mega Drive games, and everything works like a charm on my windows machine, but I simply cannot get AEL to scrape ANY games automatically on my LE 7.0.2 RPi3 Box for some reason.

I guess maybe it has to do with rights but i'll tinker some more. But i am so happy that you are planning to use AEL in your Gamestarter addon! ^^

I tried in LE8 and it works like a charm! So I will follow the evolution of the addon and will replace AL in my addon for sure.
Wintermute, I'm really looking forward to AEL making it closer primetime. Would it be possible to create a separate AEL thread on the Kodi forums so that it's easier to follow along with development?

Thanks for taking the RA torch!
(2016-08-04, 03:26)atsumori Wrote: Wintermute, I'm really looking forward to AEL making it closer primetime. Would it be possible to create a separate AEL thread on the Kodi forums so that it's easier to follow along with development?

Thanks for taking the RA torch!

Yeah... you are right. Maybe it is time to open an AEL thread for development, feature request and support. Once AEL is reaches 1.0.0 I will decide whether opening a brand new thread or keep using the development one.
That sounds great! I imagine there are a lot of people interested in a successor to Advanced Launcher (particularly now that RCB is unsupported) that haven't noticed this project exists yet as it's in a [CLOSED] thread.

And it'll be nice to have AEL development discussions separate from AL support.

Also, and completely unrelated, but Kodi users of JP reprazent [high-five]!
i´ve made a n64 launcher now in this plugin. if i would start a game, a issue appears.

sorry for my bad english. i come from germanyAngel

kodi.log
  • 450(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24