• 5(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Angelscry Wrote:Thank you very much. Your translation will be added on next version.

No Problem...looking forward to the new version...

by the way: how do I enable fanart in background? tried it with Aeon65, Confluence and T! no chance to see the fanart...any hidden option in a xml file?

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:No Problem...looking forward to the new version...

by the way: how do I enable fanart in background? tried it with Aeon65, Confluence and T! no chance to see the fanart...any hidden option in a xml file?

cheers,
mad-max

you need to be using a MOD of the skin that does this in Programs. I dont think this is incorporated in anything right now except for Angelscry's MOD of alaska revisted
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Angelscry Wrote:Did your database support multi-platform games? For example if I do a search on "Sonic the Hedgehog" your database only return me the Genesis version of the game. How about the Game Gear and the Master System versions? There is also more recent game versions of the game on iPhone, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Also for a same platform there is generally 3 regional versions : US, EU and JP with different cover box. Did your database support multiple boxarts?

Finally do you have planed to add a screenshot option on your database? Most of the oldest games do no have fanarts pictures. In those cases it was great to simply display a screenshot of the game.

Hey, we support multi platform games with the same name right now, but the database isn't smart enough to know which one you are looking for. We are making changes to make this better.

Right now we are uploading box art for US games only, unless the game was never released in the US, then it's box art gets uploaded.

And yes, we do have plans to allow screenshot uploads in the future. Our site is new, so it's not quite full of features yet, but some of the art that we have on there is the highest quality around. Smile
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
ghostelement Wrote:Hey, we support multi platform games with the same name right now, but the database isn't smart enough to know which one you are looking for. We are making changes to make this better.
It will be perfect if you could add a platform field to your search engine or maybe simply indicate the game platform on the search result page.
Angelscry Wrote:It will be perfect if you could add a platform field to your search engine or maybe simply indicate the game platform on the search result page.

Yea, that stuff is all in the works. I know you're super busy with this project, but if you get time and think of a feature we need to add, would you mind submitting a ticket on our code site? http://code.google.com/p/thegamesdb/

We are always looking to the devs of projects to figure out what else we need. Thanks! And keep up the great work!
scottbrant.net - Blog
@ghostelement - If thegmaebase wants to be ultimate solution for information about games there are lack of 8 bit machines (Commodore 64, Atari 8bit ZX Spectrum) and most popular 16 bit machines Commodore Amiga, Atari ST.
Robert de Clair Wrote:@ghostelement - If thegmaebase wants to be ultimate solution for information about games there are lack of 8 bit machines (Commodore 64, Atari 8bit ZX Spectrum) and most popular 16 bit machines Commodore Amiga, Atari ST.

Here's the updated list of platforms that we're planning on using. If you have other ones that you think should be included, would you mind adding them to this ticket?
http://code.google.com/p/thegamesdb/issues/detail?id=55

Thanks!
scottbrant.net - Blog
all project is kind of wired for me, how can i add this to current list of systems by commenting?
how can view whole gamesDB?
Robert de Clair Wrote:all project is kind of wired for me, how can i add this to current list of systems by commenting?
how can view whole gamesDB?

Just add a new comment with the platforms that you think should be added to the list and I'll put them in.

If you are on thegamesdb.net and want to see all games that have been entered so far, just click on the search field and then press enter without entering any names. This will return a whole listing of all games.

PS> Sorry Angelscry, not trying to thread-jack. Smile
scottbrant.net - Blog
ghostelement Wrote:PS> Sorry Angelscry, not trying to thread-jack. Smile
No problem. As information, this is all the game systems that can actually manage the launcher scrappers from internet ressources : gamesys
Hey Angelscry,

not sure if its there or not. is there a way to put images in for each launcher.. like a image of a snes system or image of a arcade machine for like mame?

John
jpreville Wrote:not sure if its there or not. is there a way to put images in for each launcher.. like a image of a snes system or image of a arcade machine for like mame?
Yes it is possible, look at this, this is how I personally display my different game system.

Like for roms you can define 2 images for a launcher : the thumbnail image (like game system logo) and the fanart image (like game system photo). You can manually select those images directly from the launcher with the "edit lancher" option or by editing manually the launchers.xml file into /userata (<thumb> and <fanart> tags). The corresponding launcher tags may look like this :
Code:
    <launcher>
        <name>Saturn</name>
        <application>/usr/bin/yabause</application>
        <args>-a -f -i </args>
        <rompath>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/saturn/roms/</rompath>
        <thumbpath>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/saturn/covers/</thumbpath>
        <fanartpath>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/saturn/fanarts/</fanartpath>
        <romext>cue</romext>
        <platform>Sega Saturn</platform>
        <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/saturn/logo.png</thumb>
        <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/saturn/console.png</fanart>
        <genre>Console / 32-bit / Color</genre>
        <release>1994</release>
        <publisher>Sega</publisher>
        <launcherplot>The Sega Saturn is a 32-bit video game console that was first released on November 22, 1994 in Japan, May 11, 1995 in North America, and July 8, 1995 in Europe. The system was discontinued in North America, Europe, and Australia in 1998, and in 2000 in Japan. While the system was popular in Japan, it failed to gain a similar market share in North America and Europe against Sony's PlayStation and the Nintendo 64, its main competitors. According to a July 2007 GamePro article, the Saturn sold 9.5 million units worldwide. In 2009, video game website IGN chose the Saturn to be their 18th best video game console of all time, out of 25.</launcherplot>
        <wait>true</wait>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
Sweet!!! i'm there !!

Thank You

John

btw. this works good with thecarmichael skin

How do you set up the Dolphin emu?
For those of you that are windows users launching emulators, what SNES emulator do you use? I've been trying to get zsnes to work, but for some reason, whenever it's launched by xbmc, something wierd happens to the resolution and it gets set too high. I can't even access the settings to fix it (they're somewhere offscreen), i have to delete the config file. When launched normally this doesn't happen...
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24