Individual Season Fanart
Does this skin support it? I just installed it today and have really taken a liking to it. I'm curious if it supports fanart being displayed for each individual season, instead of just using the main one? I've only seen one skin that I can think of that actually supports that, and I believe the creator mentioned that it was kind of jury-rigged, so I'm not expecting to find it here, but it would be great to have. I've fiddled around in the settings and didn't see anything regarding it, so I figured I'd ask.
yes, just wait for the next skin update and there will be a setting for season specific fanart.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Sweet! Any idea when the next update will be coming? Or is it in the SVN and I could just grab it myself?

EDIT: Nevermind, just checked out the SVN thread and saw that it is. Got Tortoise pulling it in now.
Wanted to give an update with comments regarding the season fanart that you added. While I do like it, I feel it could use a bit of work. It's very slow to update I've found. Is it caching the images, or just pulling them each time you change seasons? That would explain my issues, since every image that's cached loads pretty much instantly, but the season artwork takes a moment to change, and isn't as smooth as the rest.
YodaEXE Wrote:Wanted to give an update with comments regarding the season fanart that you added. While I do like it, I feel it could use a bit of work. It's very slow to update I've found. Is it caching the images, or just pulling them each time you change seasons? That would explain my issues, since every image that's cached loads pretty much instantly, but the season artwork takes a moment to change, and isn't as smooth as the rest.

both 'season fanart' and 'extrafanart' are not natively supported by xbmc.
what we skinning do is implement 'hack' to directly read the image from your harddisk.
it's a dirty hack, likely to cause issues in some cases, but as far as i know...there's no other/better way...
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Just a quick one Ronnie, do you know if there are any plans for season art and extrafanart to be natively added to XBMC?
Soutie Wrote:Just a quick one Ronnie, do you know if there are any plans for season art and extrafanart to be natively added to XBMC?

no clue, but with the ever increasing popularity of adding extra artwork to skins...who knows...

there's a slightly related thread on support for extra artwork here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74604

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Individual Season Fanart0