Harmony, XBMC, Xbox360
I have the above three in the setup and am having some problems. When I press the activity "Media Center" which I have set to control my HTPC with XBMC, it also turns on my Xbox 360. I'm guessing it's because my Harmony remote is programmed as MCE Remote and MCE Keyboard and the "On" button for that also turns on the media center in the Xbox 360 since it is made my Microsoft as well.

How can I avoid the xbox being turned on when I want to use my htpc?

I already went into the setup and disable the turn on/off feature for the Xbox but it still doesn't seem to work.
On the Xbox 360 you should be able to go into System Settings, Console Settings, Remote Control and change from "Both Remotes" to "Xbox 360 Media Remote". The Xbox will then stop responding to commands from remotes other than the original Xbox 360 remote. You can then have an activity on your Harmony for Xbox 360, set to use the Xbox 360 remote, and another activity for XBMC, which is set to use any other MCE remote.
Author of the NZ OnDemand and ZoneMinder addons, and caretaker of the pyamf script. Contributor to fanart.tv, TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
Mark:
Thats a good idea, im going to try that because i have the same exact issue, i went the ghetto way and just put a piece of black tape over the IR port on my 360 lol..
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

Oh thank you Mark, that has been annoying me for ages! I saw that setting the other day and the way it read didn't lead me to believe that would be the case!

But all good now, no longer is the 360 turning on when I press the 'main menu' button for XBMC!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony, XBMC, Xbox3600