extenal hard drive recognision after reboot
Hello

Does anyone know how to overcome the situation where after rebooting the appleTV, the external hard drive must be re-plugged in order to get recognized?

Thanks
Simon
quick google on appleTV + automount
I'm an ubuntu user, and there you got to automount usb drives too. so i tought ...

maybe this helps?

http://forum.awkwardtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17
I have this issue too, always have - even when I did a factory restore of my AppleTV (to 1.0) then updated to 2.1 and re-enabled USB using NitoTV Smart Update. None of my USB drives are detected at boot time, I have to unplug/replug them, or power them off then on for them to automount.

The above forum link is specifically about getting NTFS drives to mount - it doesn't seem to address this issue.

sarbel - you might try adding a mount command in your /etc/rc.local as a work around for this issue. I haven't tried it myself but maybe it'll work.
ran this command which solved the problem:

sudo defaults write \ /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/autodiskmount \ AutomountDisksWithoutUserLogin -bool true
You the man Sarbel!

That worked for me, but I excluded the backslashes from my command:

Code:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/autodiskmount AutomountDisksWithoutUserLogin -bool true

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
extenal hard drive recognision after reboot0