[LIVE] Wireless optimization (in Dharma)
I have been running wireless for a while to my primary XBMC box (which happens to be my primary storage point) and of course I can never get consistent performance over the air. Since I live in an apartment wired to that box is nearly impossible so I am stuck with wireless.

So I was starting to think how can I optimize my wireless connection, and I had a revelation that I don't even know what protocol my XBMC box is connected at. I have b/g/n wireless router but it does not identify what prootocol a client is hooked up with.

So first how can I tell in XBMC what protocol/speeds I am hooked up with. Second is there any optimization procedures I can do to maximize performance?
LTParis Wrote:I have been running wireless for a while to my primary XBMC box (which happens to be my primary storage point) and of course I can never get consistent performance over the air. Since I live in an apartment wired to that box is nearly impossible so I am stuck with wireless.

So I was starting to think how can I optimize my wireless connection, and I had a revelation that I don't even know what protocol my XBMC box is connected at. I have b/g/n wireless router but it does not identify what prootocol a client is hooked up with.

So first how can I tell in XBMC what protocol/speeds I am hooked up with. Second is there any optimization procedures I can do to maximize performance?

ctrl+alt+f1

login with

user: xbmc
password: xbmc

issue command

Code:
iwconfig

you can also install wicd-curses to get a different look.

Code:
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get install wicd-curses
Code:
wicd-curses
When I try to do "sudo apt-get install wicd-curses" I get "Couldn't find package wicd-curses".

I could have sworn my card had n, but it's just a a/b/g card giving me a 36 MB/s rate with 83% signal quality. I guess not bad for g, but now I know what I am lucky to stream 720 content.

I need to find a wireless-n card it seems (Zotac 9300 board).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Wireless optimization (in Dharma)0