Anyone experiencing crashing in win 7?
Hi, with beta 4 and RC1 I am having a few crashing issues. When going to shutdown the screen will go black and then my PC stops responding. No alt tabbing or ctrl+alt+delete works either. Today the same happened but using alt+enter to take it out of full screen mode.

I have to hard reset the PC when this happens, which will cause ALOT of problems in the near future. I have my Os all nice and do not want it messed up by XBMC.

Has anyone else had this problem? if it has been reported we can leave it here. If not I'll do the debug log thing (that's if it can even log it at all as it crashes the PC)

PC is an asrock 330 if that helps.
Turn on the debug log and try to shut it down. Assuming it hangs, post the debug log using pastebin. See my signature for how to get a windows debug log. I'm personally using Win7 and experiencing no crashes, so not especially sure what is causing the problem.
Tried opening and closing several times, no crash yet. Seems to do it at random times.
I have the exact same issue with RC1. Seemed to be after I had the DSPlayer build installed... I then reverted to the RC1 download here... Not sure if that is coincedental or not. I'll try and get a debug log if I can, you right, it's very random. And I'm on totally different hardware than you...
This happens to me also, I will try and get a debug log as well. Pretty much the same thing, goes black full screen and i can't get out of it. Resorts to hard reset. Acer Revo 3610
RC1 works great on my win7 enterprise with all the latest windows updates as of 11/28/10. No crashes.

What mode are you running in?
How much memory?
Maybe a video driver issue?
If you are using true fullscreen, try to use a fullscreen window. These symptoms sound reminiscent of trac ticket 10194.
I may have narrowed it down, need to do more testing. Seems to happen when the slideshow screensaver is on. Alt tab, alt enter and using the shutdown/exit option cause this.

-just thought, it was not that as the screensaver is off while using the shutdown command doh!

Is there a way to have debugging on without the data on the screen? as it as totally random, I would like to watch my shows without the data over the top of the screen. Then when it does happen I'll have the log.
Death-Axe Wrote:Is there a way to have debugging on without the data on the screen? as it as totally random, I would like to watch my shows without the data over the top of the screen. Then when it does happen I'll have the log.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...oglevel.3E

JR
-edit set it to level 1, I'll report back once it crashes again thanks.
After adding it to the advancedsettings, I'm pretty sure you can turn off the debugging option in settings and the log will still be created.
-stoli-
Ok it did it again, here's the log:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/539595/

The other paste sites keep timing out.
Hi, could someone take a look, this is getting seriously annoying.
Death-Axe Wrote:Hi, could someone take a look, this is getting seriously annoying.
have you tried Rc2 build of xbmc as i had the same issue with windows 7 but RC2 seems to have fixed it for me.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
RC1 on Windows 7 was constantly locking up on me. Mostly when I went away for a bit and XBMC dimmed for power saving. When I tried to resume the screen would brighten up but was unresponsive. I had to bring up the task manager and kill it every time.

I just assumed it would be fixed soon and am installing RC2 at the moment. Hopefully that takes care of it.
HTPC Specs:
95w 3 core AMD Phenom 8750 2.4GHz / MSI Media Live Diva 5.1 (MS-7411) Motherboard / On-board ATI Radeon HD3200 / On-board preamp 5.1 sound card / 4 x 1 terabyte sata segate 7200.12 / 8GB SDRAM / CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W / SILVERSTONE Media Center HTPC Case / 1080p 42" Dynex LCD \ 5.1 Polk Audio Surround Sound - RM6750

Details of my fully automated, virtual Windows 7, HTPC setup here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone experiencing crashing in win 7?0