Anyone experiencing crashing in win 7?
Had no idea rc2 was out, thanks for the info. Could someone take a peek at that log for me all the same?
I am using XBMC RC 2 on XPwith stoli/mcborzu's excellent Neon skin. I am very happy.

I have a lockup problem too. When selecting a movie rather quickly the system locks up. This also happens when clicking shutdown fast.

All in all, props to everyone who made this dream possible!!
Death-Axe, that sounds similar to other exit problems. A few workarounds were:
- disable Aero (globally or just on the shortcut or xbmc.exe)
- use the windowed fullscreen mode - playback smoothness can suffer a bit
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I would try the following to see if maybe it can help out.

1. Check the Windows Log files to dertimine if an application or system corruption is going on.
2. Video Card Settings: Set settings to DEFAULT on all options (this will eliminate any additional settings that my have been changed somewhere along the lines without the end user accepting changes)
3. Globaly disable windows areo to eliminate that completely
4. Windows 7: Disable screen saver (just to remove any questions of conflicts)
5. XBMC Settings: Try both windows Full screen and Full Screen mode
6. File Server / Network Sharing: If you are sharing a drive from another pc ie. windows sharing (please disconnect and reestablish share)
7. Validate Task Manager process, memory, cpu usage to ensure that XBMC or background apps aren't causing windows to allocate those resources somewhere else.

I have also noticed that doing a complete uninstall of XBMC and reinstall to the upgraded version helps with anomalies that might occur. Please backup any xml files you have created to ensure you can re administer to your new install.
I was getting hanging on exit in previous builds and in RC2 this was in XP not win 7 CPU would go to 99% had to stop the process from task manager, nothing in the log pointed to anything either so I decided to rebuild my library from scratch as my db had been the same one I've used for a long time this seems to have solved my problem totally

Just thought I'd mention it in case any ones using a db they've had for a while
There has to be some common factor behind these crashes.

Bearing mind >>X<<'s comment, I don't get these hangs on shutdown, but I never use the library because I prefer file view. In fact I've never scanned anything to the library. Is it possible the problem is related to the library?

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:There has to be some common factor behind these crashes.

Bearing mind >>X<<'s comment, I don't get these hangs on shutdown, but I never use the library because I prefer file view. In fact I've never scanned anything to the library. Is it possible the problem is related to the library?

JR

I use library all the time and no crashing to report here, maybe it's a slow shutdown that affects low-end systems causing them to crash after some time of no responding. It happens to my XBMC sometimes it shutdowns instantly and sometimes shutdown takes 5 to 10 seconds to complete no crashing though.

Edit: you might be right though, someone might want test shutdown with and without library then post results here. If the library DB to fault then it's gona be pain in the a** for someone like me with 1000+ movies let alone TV content to build the library db again.

Cheers,
EG.
Nothing to do with "low end" systems at all. Didn't have this problem until around beta 3 or 4.
elitegamer360 Wrote:Edit: you might be right though, someone might want test shutdown with and without library then post results here. If the library DB to fault then it's gona be pain in the a** for someone like me with 1000+ movies let alone TV content to build the library db again.

Cheers,
EG.

Export your library then it wont take long or at least it wont if you turn off download actor thumbs in xbmc

No my test system is a low powered laptop, I've just moved and sorted all my media hence I rebuilt my library again the db it was using was old xbmc has gone through a number of db changes since then

The only thing I did was delete my MyVideos34.db and my Thumbnail cache nothing else changed and it no longer hangs on exit

Its not exactly hard to find out if that the cause for others just remove your MyVideos34.db and Thumbnail cache you can always put them back
>>X<<' Wrote:Export your library then it wont take long or at least it wont if you turn off download actor thumbs in xbmc

No my test system is a low powered laptop, I've just moved and sorted all my media hence I rebuilt my library again the db it was using was old xbmc has gone through a number of db changes since then

The only thing I did was delete my MyVideos34.db and my Thumbnail cache nothing else changed and it no longer hangs on exit

Its not exactly hard to find out if that the cause for others just remove your MyVideos34.db and Thumbnail cache you can always put them back

Thanks for the info :-) will consider doing this if I ever want to rebuild my DB.

Cheers,
EG.
I should have said export to separate files so it adds the artwork and nfo in with your media
@Death-Axe, all: did you manage to pinpoint the problem?
I been having this problem ever since version 10 and i cant seem to understand the reason behind it. Its very annoying that i have to restart the pc every second time or so.
Considering to revert back to the old XBMC, the old one even had the nice "click to pause" function as of the new one left clicking dont do anything Sad
@vampyren, you should post a debug log. Your symptom may be the same, but the antecedent cause(s) might be different.
Hi!

I had the same problem. I had underscan on in my graphics driver (I didn't know about overscan om my TV at first). So when I turned off overscan on the TV and turned off underscan in my graphics driver (AMD/ATI) the problem disappeared. And of course the picture Quality got a lot better too.. Smile
steppedup Wrote:@vampyren, you should post a debug log. Your symptom may be the same, but the antecedent cause(s) might be different.

have been running it for a few days now and it works fine with Aero disabled. I guess there is no point in the debug log if it works right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone experiencing crashing in win 7?0