How can I stream content from my windows 7 pc if Auto DHCP fails when installing
As the title really, I have installed XBMC Dharma RC1 install when fine apart from the network setting, it failed when trying to auto detect my network settings.

The machine running XBMC is an old AMD 939 socket PC which ran with windows 7 fine and seems to run even faster in XBMC Laugh But all my content is stored on my main PC (running windows 7).

I have connected the PCs together only using an Ethernet cable. I have tried finding out which settings I need to enter but for the life of me I can not figure it out No

Also could someone tell me how to find out if the Ethernet controller works with Linux can I "bash" something in? This is my first time using Linux so I am a little bit lost but once I get this sorted I will be a happy guy Nod

Thanks all!
set a static ip address on the xbmc box. search how to do that in ubuntu.

Connect using a crossover cable.

Share the directories in windows, then add a source in xbmc. windows share (samba/cifs) should be an option.
Cheers gsgleason

I have searched on how to set the static ip address but it seems that the file I am trying to edit is not there.

I have tried the following

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.1.65
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.254
dns-nameserver 192.168.1.254

I have tried other settings aswell from different forums but non have worked so far. Also tried some dhcp settings Shocked

Anyway I'm off to bed as I am making too many mistakes will do a fresh install tomorrow and see what i can get working if anything Rolleyes

Kinda wish this was a hell of a lot easier also if someone wants to take me step by step that would be great can provide all the ipconfig settings from my windows pc Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I stream content from my windows 7 pc if Auto DHCP fails when installing0