New Splash Screens
Oh nice! I really like that, nice job!
I'll throw one in, yah know. Just because it seems like the cool thing to do Laugh

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Its pretty much like the current logo, just with a different font and some smoke. I think it looks pretty cool though.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
In my opinion it should no longer be XBMC Media Center as the original meaning of XBMC is Xbox Media Center, it's like saying Media Center twice.

Another meaning for XBMC should discussed IMHO.

My idea is simply XBMC (cut the media center) and have it mean something like Xtremely Badass Media Center, or something else awesome...

Either way my first idea for a splash:

Elegant and simple.
I like the idea of recursive acronyms, like GNU stands for "GNU is Not Unix", LAME stands for "LAME Ain't an Mp3 Encoder". I guess XBMC already is a recursive acronym for "XBmc Media Center", but the B could be given another meaing, like "Xbmc Beats other Media Centers" or something...
Im with XBMCG33k on this nice logo simple and clean he also has a badass alternate meaning to xbmc i don't know if the devs would be up for changing the meaning of XBMC it would mean dropping its heritage in a way. but it would be nice to have a alternate meaning i get tired of explaining to people once they see my setup why they cant install it on their XBOX 360.

at least its not still xbmp and whats up with X.MBC? tekzilla always get it wrong good work anyway guys nice splash screens.
XBMCG33K Wrote:In my opinion it should no longer be XBMC Media Center as the original meaning of XBMC is Xbox Media Center, it's like saying Media Center twice.

Another meaning for XBMC should discussed IMHO.

My idea is simply XBMC (cut the media center) and have it mean something like Xtremely Badass Media Center, or something else awesome...

Either way my first idea for a splash:

Elegant and simple.

dam nice best i have seen
Also does it really matter what xbmc stands for
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:dam nice best i have seen
Also does it really matter what xbmc stands for

And its also not much different from the current one really aside from the font. What we need is some more out of the box thinking and like I previously said something that also lends itself well to being an square icon as well (maybe a picture and some text in the logo and the picture would become the icon

What we really need is something professional and original that will basically be instantly recognized as XBMC for many years to come
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
I got inspired to help design a new logo after reading this thread so I just did this:

Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
There is a new section for Splash Screens on HTBackdrops

http://www.htbackdrops.com/v2/thumbnails.php?album=27
http://htbackdrops.com (Home Theater Backdrops) offers a large collection FanArt Backdrops of Music Artist and Games, and it also has a good collection of Weather Backgrounds. Help contribute by uploading FanArt for your favorite Music Artist and Games so that others can enjoy it as well.
like this thread, and extremely like Blackbolt's black and pink text on a white background. might do one myself.
Here's mine,,,

All credits too SynstrShn!!

Smile
nice work guys!

*Blackbolt really like that! very simple but looks great and stands out!.. and Yeah I will post 1920x1080 soon.
Pretty simple idea plus variations for different backdrops.

@dgsgc - nice work. I like the integration of 'media centre'. The only thing that looks a little off is the M looks a little narrow compared to the other letters. Maybe I just need more cofee this early. :-)
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Splash Screens1