• 4(current)
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online
looking very nice.

Sidenote for CouchPotato users: Integrated Site with CP Userscript as requested here
Make sure to delete the old Userscript!
Being this is named ShareThe.TV is TV Series/Episode support something that is in the pipeline? The service is great as it is to show off the movie collection. If it had TV as well, this would be one of the best things for the community. Letting people comment on and recommend movies and tv shows to one another.
Oh, btw. Thank you so much for the work you've done so far. This is really a slick and polished piece of software. I've already recommended a few friends sign up and log their collections, and I've only had this for about 45 minutes now.
alshain Wrote:looking very nice.

Sidenote for CouchPotato users: Integrated Site with CP Userscript as requested here
Make sure to delete the old Userscript!

Great job alshain, much appreciated. Sure 1 or 2 users here are using CP!
Makes sharing your Library a lot more worth while! Nod
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
I've got a lot of responses here I still will be responding to when I can find the time, but I wanted to jump in and say:

@bencorn: Thanks for the kind words, it means a lot! And yes, TV support for all your episodes is something I want to do. I can't give an idea of a timeline yet, but the basic roadmap is to add support for a couple of more media platforms through addons, and then add TV show support. I'm excited to add it as well so I can show off TV shows too Smile

@alshain: That's so cool! I'll have to highlight that somewhere on the site. Awesome!!!
no problem.

As a side effect the Userscript code was cleaned up Tongue

Looking forward to seeing this project develop Smile
I've put out a new version: 1.0.5, at Github. Your current version should still submit fine, but please update! I've changed the addon to also send the IMDB id of each title. I think this change will be for the best and solve all mismatch problems, so I'm really excited for you guys to try it out. This update also brings support for movie sets.

For the most part now all your movies should match. In the slim chance there's a movie without an IMDB id in your database, the easiest way to fix it is adding one. You can check if one is set by looking in the database, or exporting the video library and looking for the <id></id> field in the movie .nfo. If one isn't set, and for example, I wanted to add Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I'd add <id>tt0926084</id> to the .nfo. Lastly, just make sure themoviedb.org has a match set for that IMDB id in the movie information, or add it yourself and then afterwards click the "Refresh Info" button on sharethe.tv for that movie.
great update!
now it found 310 of 337 movies.

most of them are standup shows TMDB don't have. i'll probably add them some day.
the other have Hebrew titles. I really hope you'll fix that problem.

the only movie i couldn't figure why it's not added
The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967) - http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/3053

great work.
Much better now found all my movies.
thanks for the update, most movies found now Smile
I hope the update works for me cause I am stuck. I am getting tired of renaming all these movies
Alright, beta is over and the addon is officially accepted into the addon repo!

Thanks everyone for the feedback that has helped to really stabilize this release. Please switch to installing from the official repository so you can receive updates automatically. The latest version (1.0.6) fixes a bug with slow shutdown speeds if you have autorun enabled.

@psike: I like your related movies idea. The current implementation is a bit rough. Ideally I'd like to have it as a mix of a) sequels with higher weight b) multiple genres c) shared ownership of other movies from other users. But changing to multiple genres is a good start. The Hebrew titles are dying in a gem I'm using, so I do plan on spending some time to debug that down the road, I just don't understand how to fix it for now.

@d1ddyp0p: If the custom info is added to TMDb it can be pulled into the site with the "Refresh Info" button, if that helps.

@falafael: It should pick up everything. Please post a debug log and I'll take a look through.

@Grumpy1954: Try from the official addon repo now, there shouldn't be any zipping problems.

@Abeerdrinker: Any feedback? Post a debug log if your not happy with the results and I'll take a look through.
think its working right now, ovet 1500 movies!!
how can you comment on a movie thru xbmc? Or do you have to do this thru the site?

This would be a great function to have to comment thru xbmc direct. and maybe a star rating or some rating system so that other users can see what the top movies are. Also what about posting a movie to your facebook and the comment automatically?

So far very cool add-on and site. picked up 487 movies and I have 491 so almost dead on. This could be the social app for xbmc that I have been looking for. I was trying to get flixster added on somehow but this is the same concept.

What happens when you have two profiles in xbmc? can you have all your movies updated to thei site?

one more thing.. shouldnt the name be sharethe.media instead of tv?? the tv throws me off as I think of tv shows and not movies etc..
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
@rflores2323: Comments are only through the site right now. I think for most people, typing on their TV isn't as easy as on the computer. One thing I think would be good to have like someone else suggested is recommendations, so you could "recommend" a movie and then other users could see your recommendations. Maybe that's something that could be integrated into the addon, but I'd have to look into it.

For multiple profiles, I'm fairly certain it will send all movies since it's querying the movie database and asking for all results, no matter the profile.

As for the domain, .tv seemed to be the best fit for where the site is going. It's meant to represent sharing what you watch on your home theatre TV, whether it's TV shows or movies. It will be a bit clearer once the site has both movies and shows, but yeah, I can see what you mean for now.

Twitter and Facebook integration are things that are high on my list to work on next. I want the collection to be social. How would you like to see that work? Add a post to your Facebook wall showing the posters of recent movies added? Have a button on movie pages that have a send to facebook button which posts to your wall? Tweet new movies added?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online7