• 5(current)
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online
TheDuffMan Wrote:@rflores2323: Comments are only through the site right now. I think for most people, typing on their TV isn't as easy as on the computer. One thing I think would be good to have like someone else suggested is recommendations, so you could "recommend" a movie and then other users could see your recommendations. Maybe that's something that could be integrated into the addon, but I'd have to look into it.

For multiple profiles, I'm fairly certain it will send all movies since it's querying the movie database and asking for all results, no matter the profile.

As for the domain, .tv seemed to be the best fit for where the site is going. It's meant to represent sharing what you watch on your home theatre TV, whether it's TV shows or movies. It will be a bit clearer once the site has both movies and shows, but yeah, I can see what you mean for now.

Twitter and Facebook integration are things that are high on my list to work on next. I want the collection to be social. How would you like to see that work? Add a post to your Facebook wall showing the posters of recent movies added? Have a button on movie pages that have a send to facebook button which posts to your wall? Tweet new movies added?

Yes your right about typing in comments. what about a rating system after you watch the movie. A user could set up in the addon setting if they want to automatically have a popup notification after watching the movie or not. The rating system could be be just a simple "like" "dislike" "Im watching it again" or something like that or even a star system. Also if the user chooses to have the notification off then there could be a button added in the information screen to be able to rate the movie.

on the twitter/facebook integration check out this plugin[RELEASE] xbTweet - a Twitter Script for XBMC (notify your followers from XBMC)
That plugin is no longer being developed in dharma but I think you could use it as a starting basis. You could integrate facebook with it and it would post the poster and imdb link along with a set message after you watch a certain percentage of the movie etc.. it was a nice plugin to have.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Is there a JSON enabled link that can initiate an update to Sharethe.TV from a web browser?

I'm using MFP and wondered if I can add a link to update my Sharethe.TV Library.

I also have a feature request -
Chart for the Most Owned Chart Top 250. Possible?
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Had a quick look at the thread here and the site. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet but will soon.

I'm curious if you have or will consider/ed a couple of these features. Will sharethe.tv match you with other users on the site? Say if you have 500 movies and 300 of them match another user, there is a good chance you have the same taste in movies as the other user. It could then give you the option to follow them.

It would also be nice if you could compare your collection to a "friend" or "follower". In the example above, after I found someone that has 300 of my 500 movies in common, I could then just browse the 200 they have that I don't.

It would be a great way to discover movies that should be close to your tastes.

Again I haven't spent anytime on the site or the addon yet. Just some suggestions, even though I'm sure you have a list of things to do.

Great job and I look forward to following and using this addon/site.

EDIT: One more thing. When you compare your collection with a follower, it would be nice if sharethe.tv could spit out just a text list of the movies they have and you don't. It would be even better if you could just browse the list of movies they have and you don't and you could just put a check mark on the movies you would be interested in getting, then it could spit out a list of the selected movies.
(Combine that with coach potato and you could mass add movies to coach potato, just ask for quality first and bam... Smile )
Cool site. I just finsihed signing up and sending updates so I will see what happens
huge improvement!!
it looks like all my movies listed on tmdb are picked up by the site now and i'm in the process of adding the others to tmdb.
i've been browsing the collections of users who have certain movies i do too, and already found a few good ideas for future downloads.
great job!
TheDuffMan Wrote:Installation:
Install through the official addon repository, under "Programs".

Is it just me or does anyone else also cannot find it in the repo?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
It is just you.
Do you have the latest Dharma installed?
steve1977 Wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else also cannot find it in the repo?

you need XBMC > RC1 to get the latest updates
I cannot get any of my movies to sync (XBMC Live, Dharma RC2).

I've created an account at sharethe.tv, installed the plugin, configured it for autoupdate and checked debug. I close out of the plugin and relaunch it. Nothing gets synced. No debug log is created in the addon/script folder.

I've tried restarting XBMC, uninstalling and then reinstalling the plugin, chaning my pw. Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

*edit*
Looking in my firewall logs, no connection is even being attempted via my XBMC. The only connection from there is to xoap.weather.com, so it doesn't look like a connection to sharethe.tv is even being attempted when I launch the plugin.
never mind
Finally got it working Big Grin

One suggestion I have, since you can follow other people, it seems the that whole ideas it to discover new movies. I'd like to see the ability to mark a movie as "To be watched" or "Add to collection", so that I can keep a running list of movies I want to get.

SirBC Wrote:I cannot get any of my movies to sync (XBMC Live, Dharma RC2).

I've created an account at sharethe.tv, installed the plugin, configured it for autoupdate and checked debug. I close out of the plugin and relaunch it. Nothing gets synced. No debug log is created in the addon/script folder.

I've tried restarting XBMC, uninstalling and then reinstalling the plugin, chaning my pw. Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

*edit*
Looking in my firewall logs, no connection is even being attempted via my XBMC. The only connection from there is to xoap.weather.com, so it doesn't look like a connection to sharethe.tv is even being attempted when I launch the plugin.
SirBC Wrote:One suggestion I have, since you can follow other people, it seems the that whole ideas it to discover new movies. I'd like to see the ability to mark a movie as "To be watched" or "Add to collection", so that I can keep a running list of movies I want to get.

I use Couch Potato for that - the user script has been edited to support Sharethe.TV Smile
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Some stats for those that are curious:

5k - 15k+ movies added to libraries every day
10k+ unique movies on the site
50k actors

Next major items on the roadmap: Redesign movie view page, to better highlight users who own the movies, show cast pictures, improve the related movies algorithm. Next, social media integration to Facebook and Twitter.

@rflores2323: I think it'd be nice to "recommend" a movie directly after watching from XBMC, so I'll look into seeing if that's workable. For the social media stuff, I'll explore the possibilities and see what I can work into the addon or site. It may be more user-friendly to let people trigger sharing to social networks from the site itself to begin with. Thanks for the suggestions.

@DejaVu77: No JSON enabled link right now. I want to move the addon towards JSON, and then put up a page about how other addons can be written against the API. For now I'll still ironing about some rules about what information needs to be submitted, but this is something I see being done in the relatively near future. For your feature request, there's a list of about 50 or so top movies now along with other highlighted movies at http://sharethe.tv/movies. There's also a toplist of top users at http://sharethe.tv/users.

@bnevets27: Thanks for the suggestions! That is the ultimate goal: smart suggestions of movies based on those you follow, and smart suggestions of those to follow. I'm planning out the best way to get this done, and it will be a bit down the road, but I'm going to add it. Comparing movie collections is also a good idea and will be easier to add, so you'll likely see that one first.

@SirBC: I think there are other solutions that would probably do that better, like DejaVu77 suggested, but I'll keep it in mind later.
ShareThe.TV is a great project.
Even better because it is mantained by a trusty xbmc-guy. :-)

btw, pretty impressive stats.

Cheers,
Ubuntuf4n
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Hey TheDuffMan, great idea.. I signed up today, the app sent my information,
and added to the site rather quickly. So quick in fact I didn't think it got all the information it needed from my videos. quick questions here. How does it compare movies for similarity, wishing I had something like a last.fm comparison by users
tastes in common type community, or something like the Jinni project which is based on Genome like pandora which I think would be great to search my collection or others based on given moods of the movie, settings,etc.. and is there a way to post my page on say facebook,or here so others can see my collection? with the option of no one from outside the community can see it of course.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online7