[LIVE] Imon Soundgraph Antec Veris + RC1= FAIL
Exclamation 
when I was first testing my setup with 9.11 I was able to use STPFARMS guide to get the IMON receiver working. It seems as though that process is broken now through my own experience and frustrations and others on the forums.

Has anyone resolved the issue. I would imagine it's a Lirc+Maverick issue and not xbmc at all, but I'm a noob so I wont speculate too much.

Please help me get this figured out befor that fat bastard comes down my chimneyBig Grin
Yesterday I was updating my friends PC (from Ibex if I remember correctly)
I installed Lucid (10.04) Then added Lirc and when it asked for remote I picked Antec Veris. It worked just like that (even sound knob is working)

I spent countless hours trying to get this to work before on his system. So yesterday it was really a nice surprise when this remote just worked.

Again it is Lucid and not Maverick. I picked Lucid for new install because of LTS.
I am not sure what is Live based on but maybe try to reconfigure Lirc and pick Antec Veris for remote (and no IR receiver)

Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc

then test with irw
no ir reciever but choose antec remote?

the config doesnt allow that.

does the option in xbmc settings to detect remote presses as keyboard presses effect this function at all?
since kernel 2.6.35 ir handling ha changed. there is now the device input layer. hence since maverick old imon driver do not work anymore.

look into the ubuntuforum there has been already explained how to get it work. briefly you have to reconfigure lirc and select device input layer, and than the right input device (input1 or input2 or....) or the physical one.

edit: forgot to mention that the new ir remote handling has now predefined key codes. hence you must adapt lircmap and keymap xml file to this. if you have an imon pad i could pot mine later.
a_user

I think I understand what you're saying, but I have scoured this forum and others and haven't been able to produce results. Could you point me in the right direction.

I have and Antec Veris Basic reciever with remote. I'm running xbmcfreak RC1.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1...stcount=14

i also had posted a description myself, but this one was under the first 3 search results in ubuntu forums.
this method doesnt work because the reciever does not show up as an event input.

any other ideas?
does it show up in /dev/by-path or /dev/by-id ?

edit: oh, and how are you sure it doesn't show up?
the soundgraph device isnt listed.

Anways. thanks for the help, I eventually purged Lirc several time and manually deleted any files it left behind using Webmin. After lots of trial and error I got it to work and have come to the conclusion that xbmcfreak was preconfiured for some sort of remote/IR configuration.

That preconfig was clearly not getting along with my hardware, but I eventually was able to erase it.

All is well.

Now its time to map some custom keys!

thanks for all the help a_user

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Imon Soundgraph Antec Veris + RC1= FAIL0