[WIP] Mesh2HD - another skin mockup
Hi everyone, I’m happy to be a part of xbmc community. After year of using it as my media center and help other people to improve their skins which I’m using there is time to create something my own, so there is a concept with working name “Mesh2HD” or maybe “2DHD”. All concept is based on mesh and every dialog, box, etc is depends of it, I’m very pedantic so even 1px different will hit my eye. There will be no 3D view or a lot of animations as I use ION platform and every good looking skin is not working well on it. I know that a lot of you use the same platform and for example Aeon, but I like when UI run fast and I want it in true HD, so mockup and skin will be 1080, clean and simple, not too much information as it should fit my preferences. I was a programmer years before now I’m it manager, and I always have fun with coding so why not check yourself. I have to work on menu so now it is not complete because it will clarify when I’ll coding. The screens below is only mockup so don’t hit me that one things has other description Smile

The concept of home view I wrote a few days before so I copy&paste. I imagine that I have one place (home or we can name it "what's hot") for most important stuff for me (it could be recently added, featured, hot stuff, unwatched, etc, etc using built-it features and external add-ones), as more important that bigger size for that thing, you know as bigger and lighter than focus your eyes.

So what I imagine, the place with movies, biggest poster for hot stuff, movies based on release day and unwatched, next smaller are featured movies as fanart, and so on... I can use static templates with content arrangement or do it dynamic. In one place movies, episodes, albums and maybe pictures, we’ll see.

There is five colors of theme (purple, orange, yellow, blue, lemon). I create a several views but I think it will be decreased in the final skin, so there is a view of them:

AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438

Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
reserved
Looks promising Wink I hope to see it released.
Looking really great mstef. Very clean and usable! I look forward to seeing its development!
instead of different themes just make one with all the colours, each library has a different header colour, as thoughts images look sh@t hot.
Agreed with Rocky5 - separate colours for each main "section" would be a nice way for the user to instantly know where they're at in the UI.

Looking good - it'll need some engine changes to make it work well by the looks, but they're changes we have planned anyway Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I thought that too but didn't decide yet, as closer to make it live it could be more easy, thank you. Is this manual http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Skinning_XBMC up to date?
jmarshall Wrote:Looking good - it'll need some engine changes to make it work well by the looks, but they're changes we have planned anyway Smile
More than the ones topfs2 mentioned?

On the same subject - can we start requesting new skin features yet or should we wait until Dharma's out the door? Wink
Wait till Dharma's out the door. And yes, basically what topfs2 is working on (i.e. specify a URL as "static" content for a list).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I wonder that can we do that today? link to video. I created only 10fps because I have put it together manually frame by frame, but my intention is to start preview in thumb window from that moment where is the thumbnail created, it could be some parameter in settings, for example exactly 5 minutes or in the half of video, I could regenerate all episodes and get that thumb from that time, but can we show it like in the video?
I like the genres tabs in the view.Is that possible at the moment without using a playlist?
You must really like The Book of Eli? j/k

My favorite view is the episodes...specifically the last pic bottom right thumb. Nod
avus m3 Wrote:You must really like The Book of Eli? j/k

My favorite view is the episodes...specifically the last pic bottom right thumb. Nod

Not that much as I'm lazy and didn't change titles in the psd Smile
I really like this Skin, might use it when it gets released Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Mesh2HD - another skin mockup2