[windows] xs35gt + xbmc?
the xs35gt thread went on a linux hostile takeover Tongue

Anyone using windows 7 or XP with xs35gt?

I'm ready to order one with a 64GB SSD setup hooked upto my DS410.

zippy
XP won't play 720p/1080p files, since it doesn't support video hardware acceleration
Is there a particular Windows 7 edition (i.e. Ultimate) that is best for htpc use?
If I had to go with windows, i'd go with home premium.
Any non-Starter Windows 7 is fine.

i'm after someone who is using windows on a xs35gt and can vouch for lag free playback of 1080 video.
I ran windows 7 on my xs35gt and was able to play back 1080P content without any problems at all.

However i have just recently switched to a live build as the functions i needed to run in windows have been outsourced to my brand new unraid server Big Grin
the way i'm seeing win 7 described in terms of hardware acceleration, how safe is it to assume that pretty much any new computer fitted with a hdmi port, win 7, and x ram can comfortably play 1080p content that features intense shots (think planet earth with thousands of birds at once) with no issues?

i ask because i'm in the market for a htpc and am still trying to do thorough research.

thank you
Waseh Wrote:However i have just recently switched to a live build...

live build?
I very briefly tested windws on my xs35gt and it worked ok. Didn't real spend much time on it as I always planned on using linux on it.

I use openelec.tv on it - will give you a fully working xbmc set top box setup in less than 15 mins.

Most appropriate question might be, why do you specifically want to use windows?
I'm linux noob, and being comfortable with windows, that is what I'm going to use Smile
zippy Wrote:I'm linux noob, and being comfortable with windows, that is what I'm going to use Smile

Fair enough, but what i was trying to get at was what specifically are you going to be using the box for.

Just xbmc? XBMC and other bits, etc..
whatever a netbook can do after XBMC Big Grin
im running Win 7 on my XS35GT and it plays 1080p just fine, only times i have trouble is when i have it doing to many things in the background (It's my media server, and serves a couple other fuctions for me at the moment as well)
did it work out of the box? what are you using for audio out - analog? optical? hdmi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[windows] xs35gt + xbmc?0