troubleshooting file
I have a tv ep file that won't play with audio. not only that, once I try to play it, it borks audio for all other files and I actually need to power cycle my receiver in order to get audio back again (rebooting xbmc does nothing.)

I'm including a 10MB sample of the file and would love it if someone would give this a shot.

here's all the goodies:

10MB sample .mkv
Media Info
and
xbmc.log

thanks!
Following up to my own post:

I played the same file on a second atvlinux running rc.1 - difference being a) it's running off usb stick and b) it's connected audio/video by HDMI (2ch audio).

The file that hoses the sound system on the above mentioned played fine on the 2nd unit.

Here's thexbmc.log from that one.

Any forensic log experts able to glean anything useful from one vs. the other?

I'd sure appreciate it!
I'm getting closer to solving this problem.

The only difference between my 2 atv's is one is connected via HDMI and the other is connected via component/spdif.

The component/spidf one has been exhibiting all the audio problems.

In the latest file that won't play audio (on the comp/spidf) I have included
the xbmc.log (debug=on)

as well as a
10MB sample of the problem file:

Also, Here is the mediaInfo for the file.

I know I seem to be the only one with these problems but since I've got 2 identical atvs, differing only in the way they are connected, maybe this will help someone down the line.

thanks!
last attempt Smile

This post has slid off the front page 3 times now and yet it's still an issue I'd like to get resolved. If it gets pushed off again I'll assume that it's not something anyone can answer or it really isn't something worth fixing. (i.e. just delete the offending files).

People seem to have better luck getting these types of questions answered in the massive crystalbuntu thread which I'm loathe to further pollute. If there's a better, more appropriate venue for this question (i.e. a "problem files" thread or sub-cat) I'm all ears.

So..here's to the 4th time being a charm!

thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
troubleshooting file0