XBMC Live on a Zotax Zbox HD-ND02
Hey guys.

So, I really love XBMC. But I have a rather large HTPC running Win7 with XBMC on top, and it's quite... fuzzy. For some reason the MCE remote has stopped working. A few kinks here and there.

I was looking at the Zotac ZBox HD-ND02 as a replacement, as it is small and nible and spec-wise is supposed to run 1080p just fine.

It has an Atom 330 with an ION chipset, which in theory is supposed to be quite awesome for an HTPC. Has anyone tried it with XBMC Live? Do we know that it works? I read the Wiki for the spec requirements, but although my DIY HTPC meets the specs just fine, it just showed a black screen after loading when I tried it with the XBMC Live CD.

Any help here would be appreciated. Smile
Given that it doesn't have an optical drive, I'm assuming you used a usb stick to load xbmc live. How did you put it on the thumb drive (unetbootin, BDW, etc.)?
Did you try the new Dharma live or the old Camelot live (aka "stable"). Camelot won't work on that box...

Whats the advantage over the ZOTAC HD-ND01?

I think the ND01 gives you a 160G HD and 2G of ram for $40 more.

Am I missing something?

Edit:
I guess I was thinking of the ZOTAC MAG HD-ND01
I have either worded myself very badly, or you all misunderstood me. Tongue

I already have a DIY HTPC that XBMC Live didn't work on. Fine. I was looking to replace it with the mentioned Zotac box and was wondering if any of you had any experience with it (and other Zotac boxes). Smile
Heilage Wrote:I have either worded myself very badly, or you all misunderstood me. Tongue

I already have a DIY HTPC that XBMC Live didn't work on. Fine. I was looking to replace it with the mentioned Zotac box and was wondering if any of you had any experience with it (and other Zotac boxes). Smile

ZOTAC MAG HD-ND01 works out of the box with live but you will still want to fine tune it.

I am going to purchase another one soon.
Can you specify? What fine tuning was necessary?
Just off the top of my head

Fan settings (50/80/30/200)
Wireless
Menu Sounds (/home/xbmc/.asoundrc)
Code:
pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave {
        pcm "hdmi"
    }
}

Nothing you wouldn't have to do on most any other computer.
poofyhairguy Wrote:Did you try the new Dharma live or the old Camelot live (aka "stable"). Camelot won't work on that box...
Dharma live RC2 didn't work for me on Zbox HD-ND02. BTW Zbox tech support could not help me. I'd like to install Ubuntu, but it appears that the current desktop 64 bit version is for AMD?
I have a ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID40(ION2), everything runs smoothly, even with Aeon skin ...
Audio is working over optical out to my receiver.
I used the RC1 installer, everything worked out of the box, also my gyration remote.
A few flaws are for me: I cannot get azerty keyboard in the xbmc gui itself, if I startup fluxbox from a launcher there everything is azerty, but xbmc itself stays qwerty ...
All by all a happy user

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live on a Zotax Zbox HD-ND020