[MOD] Night.Purity
Update:

- Added Studio Flags to all views

- Added Color Studio Flags

- Added Studio Flags Options

- Improved and corrected code

- Added English lang strings

- More Fixes...

Be aware, the folders (path) for the Studio Flags have slightly changed, there's one folder for grey and other for color flags

For Color studio flags here is the best Pack I found, I will add it to the Repo after some deletion of unnecessary/repeated files and tune-up.

Enjoy
Hi, Kisuan,

What about those logos which can easily get mixed into the black (or any color) background of the skins? Each skin uses different color scheme. Logo of BBC, for example, is black and white. Destination Films has also black background....
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Wow Fantasticccccccccccccc Nod
Muchas gracias por esto kisuan.
bandelguy Wrote:Hi, Kisuan,

What about those logos which can easily get mixed into the black (or any color) background of the skins? Each skin uses different color scheme. Logo of BBC, for example, is black and white. Destination Films has also black background....

That's the problem with color flags and the only solution is to change the color in the particular flag, but you will always end with some concidence with some other backround of skin or fanart, so there is no real solution beside using greyscale, that's why I don't really use them. Also, it's way harder to make an acceptable flag (to my standards) in color that in grayscale and I don't have that much time to invest in it, so there is were I draw the line, I might make/administrate a package of colour flags, but don't have the time to make them.
Kisuan a request. Is it possible to bring back the Phil65 's Aeon Mod Showcase view instead of the current showcase? IMO phil65's Mod had the best showcase . its not a biggie just dropping an idea see if it gathers momentum.
In which of all the MODs and versions of Aeon can I see what you are asking for?
this one here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76839
Ok, I know the "View" what do you find so good in it to say is the best "showcase" view?
the 3D style coverflow and the layout / animation is what I have fond memories of. dont get me wrong , Night & Purity MOD is my day to day rock steady the best that I love, But I kind of had the sweet spot for "that" showcase view.I guess Aeon MQ2 does have that but just for that particular style I wouldn't want to change my skins NO way.
I have the idea of doing a real 3d coverflow, I already experimented with the animation and some volume construction, but it's gonna be some hard work if even possible to pull it completely. I don't see Aeon showcase as much 3d, it needs volume to me.

Anyway, rest assure I have some real 3d animation planed among others, It might take some time, but I'll get there.

P.D.: This last days I've done a lot of work with code "cleanup", added/fixed trailers windows/text to all possible views (including programs), and some others.

I wanna drastically improve List view, so that's me next in list, is the worst view of all and I've being postponing it since ages...
Excellent , if I may be bold so as to suggest if you could look at this "wiiflow"( it is so smooth & stunning & implemented on a Wii!! ) for if nothing else just inspiration.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GfA_15sUyc
Thanks ! really appreciate your hard work !
i stumbled upon these just by coincidence .. it also seems that these guys are inspired by Aeon .. looks kinda nice, here it is ( esp post 221 ..on) http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=5454.900
Already know WiiFlow and it's nice some times, many others is excessive all that spinning. Anyway, the way WiiFlow works is very different, so accomplishing that kind of animations will involve much more skill and ingenuity.

Some things that are in that views of WD that I've already though of are progressive rating image instead of numbers used now if possible and audio subtitle flags.

About the views, I don't digg them, grid/frame layout is crappy design. The eye can see symmetry, balance and harmony without lines to guide it. Guiding lines and rigid underling textures only limits views, work space and ingenuity, they have no place in a media composition. Books don't have rows, a billboard don't have little squares every 5 words or 2 images, paintings don't have grids or "lineas de fuga" (don't know how to express this in english) , walls don't have squares draw with signs "place painting here",... . The absence of them in Night is one of the reasons why is so good skin to me and I'll never add a guide line or rigid underling texture, that's just poor design/art.

With this I'm just trying to make clear what I'll never add or modify to the skin and why, not that you are asking or anything, just wanted to make it clear.
Update:

- Code cleanup/rearrange

- Trailer Windows and text related poss, fixed and added for all views possible including programs ones.

- Added extrafanart to 16x9

- More minor Fixes

Enjoy.
Thanks for everything > I would totally agree with your post #238 wholeheartedly. I am Extremely Happy with What you guys have done and that gives me immense pleasure. Cant Thank you guys enough.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Night.Purity1