• 3(current)
[WIP] Simplicity - from the designers of Shade
I like that, it is a bit more clean IMO. I love your idea for a way to display "This week in TV", keep up your great work guys!
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
Very nice work indeed, i like the clean and uncluttered views. Looking
forward to a rel and good luck with further development guys !

Oh, the only thing that stood out to me was that the OSD seems to come from another skin and doesent fit the design at all, also the play/stop/forward/rewind doesnt look good at all Wink Just some positive critic from my side, dont take it in a bad way...
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
The-Boxhead Wrote:Very nice work indeed, i like the clean and uncluttered views. Looking
forward to a rel and good luck with further development guys !

Oh, the only thing that stood out to me was that the OSD seems to come from another skin and doesent fit the design at all, also the play/stop/forward/rewind doesnt look good at all Wink Just some positive critic from my side, dont take it in a bad way...

The designer has already designed a newer version, i just havent coded it yet. Big Grin
To learn more, click here.
This is looking great. Really clean. I like it!

P.S. - Where'd you get The Santa Clause in 720? Been lookin all over for it Wink
djR3Z Wrote:This is looking great. Really clean. I like it!

P.S. - Where'd you get The Santa Clause in 720? Been lookin all over for it Wink

Its out there. Wink
Last time for the TV Guide. This time it shows what it looks like with actual populated data.

One word. "Sexy"

Clean and easy to view. I love it. Will look good on my 55.

Can't wait.
pretty Wink
Looks ace, looking forward to this skin.
Nice looking skin, I especially like the Weekly TV Schedule section
Hi, nice looking skin, is it gonna replace shade? it seems shade is not being worked on anymore.

Please on the custom addon icons, make sure not all of the launch as videolists like tthey do in shade.

Eagerly awaiting your new work Big Grin
fr500 Wrote:Hi, nice looking skin, is it gonna replace shade? it seems shade is not being worked on anymore.

Please on the custom addon icons, make sure not all of the launch as videolists like tthey do in shade.

Eagerly awaiting your new work Big Grin

It wont "replace" Shade but it definitely has my focus right now as it is new. I feel like Shade is in a place where it can be left alone for now so I can focus on this.

I am confused on what you mean by icons loading as videolists though, please explain further.
In shade you can create custom icons for addons/plugins/scripts, 3 on the addons panel and 3 on the programs panel.

So I went ahead and created an icon for the launcher plugin.

Thing is once I used it I noticed the view options I had were different than the views if I entered thru Programs->Launcher

Then I started exploring with custom views and I have my own game launcher mod on the shade forum for games/apps but this issue persisted. If I entered thru programs->Launcher I had list, thumbnails and apps. Even thumbs and fanart was working out of the box. But If I used the custom icon I had Trailers, thumbnails and list (In this case the thumbnails and list didn't display backdrops)

So I looked into guisettings.xml and found this:

Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.shade.VideoButtonPath_1">ActivateWindow([color=Red][b]videofiles[/b][/color],plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher)</setting>

Changed it to:

Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.shade.VideoButtonPath_1">ActivateWindow([color=Red][b]programs[/b][/color],plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher)</setting>

So I guess this could be solved easily by creating an option on the settings to let you specify the type of icon you're creating or something. Still not good enough at skinning to do it by myself.
liking this skin, looks like it should run pretty smooth on the old atv!
I really like the look of this skin. Something clean and simple but still elegant. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.
The Rig:
AMD64 X2 4400+ @ 2.3GHz, ATI HD 3450, Corsair 4GB XMS2 DDR2 800
Shuttle SN68SG2 Case

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Simplicity - from the designers of Shade0