Local fanart cache location
Hi all,

I've been searching for a while and can't find what I'm after (unless I'm searching for the wrong thing) so please excuse me if this has come up before. I honestly did try searching a lot Confused

I have all my media and associated files (fanart, nfo's, covers, etc) on a networked unRAID server talking to two XBMC clients (Live Dharma RC2). Each movie is stored in it's own folder and all associated files stored within that respective folder.

I have read somewhere that when scrolling through movies, the fanart is cached locally on the client's drive.

1. Is this just a direct copy of the fanart file that is read from the server?
  2. If so, where is this cache location on the local drive?
  3. ...and are all the fanart pictures just dumped into the one local folder?
I'm trying to enable multiimage for the MOVIES screen but can't find the location where the fanart is cached locally.

Thanks in advance,
Linh
/home/xbmcuser/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails

Not sure what that has to do with multiimage - I'm assuming you mean extra thumbs? These are normally stored in the actual movie folders.
Cheers - I'll check that location when I get home.

As the movie's fanart is stored separately in the respective movie's folder (on the server), I was after the location where they are all cached locally. This is assuming that a copy of every movie's fanart is stored to this local folder?

Basically, I want to have changing fanart backdrops everytime I scroll over MOVIES in the home menu. I assume choosing pointing multiimage to a folder where lots of fanarts are located will do this?
Yes. Though note that there is no difference between "Movie" fanart and "TV Show" fanart in this regard - you'll get 'em all.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yep, that's fine (I recall reading that somewhere too).

Thanks again. I will try that location tonight...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local fanart cache location0