ATV Reset!- fresh start
I don't know what the heck happened, but I came to look at a video and found myself looking at a very odd interface that I didn't recognize. After a bit i realized it was what I saw when I first purchased my ATV. It was OS 2.3! I had been on 3.02 with the Crystal HD card (012), r156 of the drivers and XBMC Dharma rc1. All working great. Maybe the cat pressed the restore on the remote somehow. Quite funny actually.

The positive side is that I get to start from fresh. Can I just install ssh ( using a patchstick), binaries, launcher ( and then Crystal HD drivers, XBMC) and that's it? Do I have to install anything else like nitoTV or Perian etc.. ? I realize nitoTV gives you networking, kext loading and a lot more but I'd really like to do a minimal install without removing OSX. I use the ATV for AirTunes occasionally so I need OSX.

While I am at it, can I make the right lower button of the aluminum remote bring up the context menu?

Heh...not sure which is more stable my Boxee Box or the ATV Smile

Thanks...philip
I tried installing NITO on my ATV and it completely bricked my ATV. I had to do a clean install. I don't have Crystal in my box but I just re-modified the source so when I did the install through the launcher it picked up the latest RC version of Dharma..
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
jabba_29 Wrote:I tried installing NITO on my ATV and it completely bricked my ATV. I had to do a clean install. I don't have Crystal in my box but I just re-modified the source so when I did the install through the launcher it picked up the latest RC version of Dharma..

I think, but am not sure, that the Crystal HD card requires some kext loading facility that nitoTV permits. In any case I just installed nitoTV, xbmc and Crystal, and Dharma rc1 and it's all good. Actually, it's running great.

philip
pmcd Wrote:I think, but am not sure, that the Crystal HD card requires some kext loading facility that nitoTV permits. In any case I just installed nitoTV, xbmc and Crystal, and Dharma rc1 and it's all good. Actually, it's running great.

philip

nope, crystalhd does not need nitotv for kextload support, that's built into the Launcher download for crystalhd.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV Reset!- fresh start0