Home screen fanart
Spider and Ronie fantastic job. When will this make it into the official release? Or can the current version be modified to include this backdrop for the main menu.
draco Wrote:When will this make it into the official release?

after xbmc 10.1 is released.
'till then no official skin updates are allowed, due to a bug in xbmc.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Is this possible for the TV Series? Because I have the "cropping" problem when I'm on TV series. Fanarts are in 1920x1080 and 1280x720 and it look wierd...
OggyHr Wrote:Is this possible for the TV Series? Because I have the "cropping" problem when I'm on TV series. Fanarts are in 1920x1080 and 1280x720 and it look wierd...

instead of cropping, the other option would be to strech/shrink the fanart images in the skin...and looks even worse (eggfaces).

but, i think i can stretch the tv screen image a bit, to easy a little on the cropping.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
It would be perfect if you can stretch the tv screen to be just right for the proportional shrink of 1920x1080 or 1280x720 because most of the users use this on Full HD (1920x1080) or HD Ready (1280x720) screens. So, if we must use this resolution why not use it all the way? The most of the fanarts are in this resolution if I'm not mistaken
just my 2 cents Smile
Actually, I have tweaked quite a bit the images (fanart) of the three menu items: Movies, TV Shows and Music (see pictures of the first post). My intention was to avoid cropping as much as possible, and give the fanart a three dimensional look, to match the position of the mask image (cinema screen, TV Set, iPhone). The fanart image will look a bit distorted (eggface) of curse, but this is the natural sight you would get if you look at them from an angle. I have used the rotate attribute to achieve this effect.

Regards,
Spider
Spider_mp3 Wrote:The fanart image will look a bit distorted (eggface) of curse, but this is the natural sight you would get if you look at them from an angle.

well, i have to admit, you've got a point there.

i'll have another look at it. i'm never a big fan of stretching images, but maybe in this case it won't be so bad.
I noticed that TV Screen when I'm moving forward on Wheather is increasing for the little moment. When I go back on the TV Screen is on same old size...
I didn't notice that before...
OggyHr Wrote:I noticed that TV Screen when I'm moving forward on Wheather is increasing for the little moment. When I go back on the TV Screen is on same old size...
I didn't notice that before...

can't reproduce i'm afraid.

do you perhaps have two copies of T! in your addons directory?
that would explain weird issues like this.
I did for a while, but not anymore...and I'm on svn version (v3.11.4) and XBMC ver 10.0 r35647.
Here is the debug if it helps
http://pastebin.com/GdrFfmC7
OggyHr Wrote:I did for a while, but not anymore...and I'm on svn version (v3.11.4) and XBMC ver 10.0 r35647.
Here is the debug if it helps
http://pastebin.com/GdrFfmC7

got it, this happens if you enable 'animated backgrounds'.

the animation is enabled for all homescreen backgrounds
except for the movies/tvshows/music fanart ones.

so these things aren't fully 100% compatible but i doubt there's much i can do.
OK, I understand. Thank you

I thought that you already do something about my "nagging" for cropped fanart images so that's why something is different.
So I updated T! to the latest SVN and am running Dharma, but when I go to the TV Shows option it shows the fanart for the Movies. I didn't see a Configure option for it. Anyone got any ideas?
Could this be set based on the Video Source area? Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

Thanks,
Joe
joecooper84 Wrote:So I updated T! to the latest SVN and am running Dharma, but when I go to the TV Shows option it shows the fanart for the Movies. I didn't see a Configure option for it. Anyone got any ideas?
Could this be set based on the Video Source area? Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

Thanks,
Joe

you need to split your movies & tv shows fanart to separate folders (there's a script for it somewhere on the forum.

after that, use the 'custom backgrounds' option in
Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Home - TV Shows > Fanart > Options
Any word on what happened with this? I'm really liking these!
XBMCbuntu {Frodo} - Ubuntu 12.04 (Main):
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home screen fanart0