• 13(current)
SageTV Integration - Movies and TV Shows archiving compatible with XBMC
it seems to be really easy to change the language to english .. i'm downloading the languagepack actually .. i'll report back, as there might be other users, running into the language problem...
Awesome Script!

I so far have everything working EXCEPT for the auto import into the xbmc library. My log file shows that all videos are added to the mysql db, but they do not show up in xbmc.

I know your script is working because if I go into xbmc and manually add the folder that the symlinks are dumped to , it picks them all up and i can actually play them without an issue. Can you think of any reason why they wouldn't automatically be put into the xbmc library?

Code:
    <XBMCAutoUpdate enabled="true">
        <XBMCLocation>127.0.0.1</XBMCLocation><!--name or ip address. -->
        <UpdateVideoLibrary>true</UpdateVideoLibrary>
        <UpdateAudioLibrary>false</UpdateAudioLibrary>
    </XBMCAutoUpdate>

and

Code:
    <XBMCMySQLServer>
        <XBMCServerName>127.0.0.1</XBMCServerName>
        <XBMCVideoSchema>xbmc_video</XBMCVideoSchema>
        <MySQLUsername>xbmc</MySQLUsername>
        <MySQLPassword>xbmc</MySQLPassword>
        <MySQLPort>3306</MySQLPort>        
        <ThumbnailsFolder>\\127.0.0.1\XBMCThumbs\Thumbnails</ThumbnailsFolder><!--Most people use a single, centralized folder for their thumbnails if they have a multi-room setup. -->
        <TempExcludeIdentifier>-tmp_exclude</TempExcludeIdentifier>    <!-- The default '-tmp_exclude' should work fine for most everyone -->    
    </XBMCMySQLServer>

and

Code:
9/2011 04:37:30 PM INFO    Saving info about video sources and XBMC for future use. Tracking file is: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\scripts\SAGE-XBMC v1.4.1\res\xbmcFileSources.txt
12/09/2011 04:37:30 PM INFO     - DrPhil-MurderofaPreachersWife-13503086-0.mpg  - Next Video: \\127.0.0.1\SageTestVideo\TV Shows\Dr..Phil\Season.0\Dr..Phil.S00E60 - Murder of a Preachers Wife (a4365fb3).mpg
12/09/2011 04:37:30 PM INFO     - DrPhil-MurderofaPreachersWife-13503086-0.mpg  - This video is redirected to the original recording with a symbolic link.
12/09/2011 04:37:30 PM INFO     - DrPhil-MurderofaPreachersWife-13503086-0.mpg  - Saved info to XBMC Sources file for future use: redirected-zXz-\\127.0.0.1\SageTestVideo\TV Shows\Dr..Phil\Season.0\Dr..Phil.S00E60 - Murder of a Preachers Wife (a4365fb3).mpg-zXz-\\SAGEPVR\recordings\DrPhil-MurderofaPreachersWife-13503086-0.mpg
12/09/2011 04:37:30 PM INFO    Since videos(s) were added/removed to/from the dropbox, the XBMC library will now be triggered to update via the JSON-RPC interface.
12/09/2011 04:37:30 PM INFO    Attempting to have XBMC scan for new content.
12/09/2011 04:37:30 PM INFO    JSON-RPC Command = {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.ScanForContent", "id": "1"}
12/09/2011 04:37:30 PM INFO    Connecting to JSON-RPC at 127.0.0.1:9090
12/09/2011 04:37:30 PM INFO    Reading response from XBMC
12/09/2011 04:37:31 PM INFO    Result = OK
12/09/2011 04:37:31 PM INFO    Updating audio library is disabled in config file, skipping Audio library update
12/09/2011 04:37:31 PM INFO    Done with XBMC library content-scan trigger.
12/09/2011 04:37:31 PM INFO    Done scanning files. 2130 file(s) were scanned, 1 file(s) were archived.
hoep Wrote:@bradvido88:
I have symbolic links to roughly 2700 tvshows, which are imported nicely to the xbmc database.. but of course it's in the subdirectory "TV Shows" as per default..
in the "Movies" subdir are only some few, as i use to cut and import them as movies in the "movie" database.
My dropbox config is:
<Dropbox local_equiv="C:\TVShows">\\Asterix\TVShows</Dropbox>
and I import "\\Asterix\TVShows\TV Shows" to XBMC

Is this right? do i need to setup network import folder inside of xbmc to each one of my recordings directory? I thought the point was to have this script do all the heavy lifting and put the symlinks into a directory which xbmc could understand and scrape...

** Answered my own question by re-reading the thread. looks like you do have to add it as an import.
The only thing i am missing at this point is the robust metadata and file renaming that is suppose to happen when the import to xbmc happens. I think i have it figured out but will only know after a complete rescan which is taking a while.

Next order of business, how many have the mysql db running on the same server as their SageTV backend? what about where the FRIGGIN AWESOME import script is running?

From a logistics stand point i am struggling with weather or not to just use Movies and TV imported via this script and NOT have xbmc catalog it all also in the mysql database... It may make more sense to let sage and BMT do all the heavy metadata stuff and let this script consume it and store the symlinks in the mysql db...That might cut down on mysql stransaction size and def cut down on the overall size of the mysql database.

Thoughts?
Still having issues with metadata and now I can't even play the videos back. I'm not sure what's going on. What data can I provide you to help figure this out?

At one point everything was working, but metadata was non existent. Now videos won't play and metadata is still non-existent.

UPDATE --

I started over from scratch with a fresh database running on my sage server. i have the script working to do the following
1) get sage recordings
2) perform TVDB lookups
3) create symlinks
4) notify xbmc to look for new media
5) media shows up and plays

what is not working:
- Thumbs
- METADATA!

I am running mny other 2 recording directories through the script right now, and have debug info level on. I will post the output when it is done. Can someone please help me figure out why the metadata isn't working?
PiX64 Wrote:Still having issues with metadata and now I can't even play the videos back. I'm not sure what's going on. What data can I provide you to help figure this out?

At one point everything was working, but metadata was non existent. Now videos won't play and metadata is still non-existent.

UPDATE --

I started over from scratch with a fresh database running on my sage server. i have the script working to do the following
1) get sage recordings
2) perform TVDB lookups
3) create symlinks
4) notify xbmc to look for new media
5) media shows up and plays

what is not working:
- Thumbs
- METADATA!

I am running mny other 2 recording directories through the script right now, and have debug info level on. I will post the output when it is done. Can someone please help me figure out why the metadata isn't working?

You need to add path_to_dropbox\TV shows as a source in XBMC in the videos section. Then set the content type of that source in xbmc to tv shows. This only has to be done once, then XBMC will scan the content to the library and have metadata and fanart scraped and up to date
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
Does this work with Eden yet or not? Just got started with XBMC but would love to integrate my existing SageTV setup.
kazibole Wrote:Does this work with Eden yet or not? Just got started with XBMC but would love to integrate my existing SageTV setup.

Everything works except for triggering auto-updating of the XBMC library. That requires a minor change that I need to make.
Hmm looks like it may not do what I was looking for. In the future I may want to look at synchronizing my recorded TV shows between Sage and XBMC, but right now all I am looking for is a way to sync watched status and resume point between imported videos in Sage and XBMC.
FYI: I am making the move from SageTV to ForTheRecord.

ForTheRecord and XBMC play nice together, which means LiveTV in XBMC and no need for 2 separate applications.... XBMC is now my PVR.

I'll keep this thread open, but probably won't do much more active development on the script.
bradvido88 Wrote:FYI: I am making the move from SageTV to ForTheRecord.

ForTheRecord and XBMC play nice together, which means LiveTV in XBMC and no need for 2 separate applications.... XBMC is now my PVR.

I'll keep this thread open, but probably won't do much more active development on the script.
Bradvido88... Thanks for your work on this script! It is appreciated.

I am also contemplating moving (from Beyond TV) to ForTheRecord. If you care to share, I'd be interested in hearing your experiences in migrating to ForTheRecord.
Any sense when the Eden compatible version of this might be coming? I know that it all works except the library update, but I've been having a weird problem where the log stops having any data in it and no shows are processed until I quit XBMC and go look at the log. Then it runs fine the next time it's scheduled to run. For the last two days it's happened at exactly 6:35pm (right after it processes our local news). I'll try and set the program to log at the highest level and post again when I have something.

Thanks.
pkscuot Wrote:Any sense when the Eden compatible version of this might be coming? I know that it all works except the library update, but I've been having a weird problem where the log stops having any data in it and no shows are processed until I quit XBMC and go look at the log. Then it runs fine the next time it's scheduled to run. For the last two days it's happened at exactly 6:35pm (right after it processes our local news). I'll try and set the program to log at the highest level and post again when I have something.

Thanks.

If you get a debug log i'll take a look. I don't think i'll do much more development on this. Sage is dying and Google hasn't made a single comment on if they are going to revive it or just steal some of the code and let it die.

I've already started on some FTR integration tests. It's free, open, scalable, and already has PVR integration into XBCM-PVR branch.
bradvido88 Wrote:If you get a debug log i'll take a look.

Here's one and another. They both follow the same pattern. The show is archived, then the old json call is sent to XBMC. Then the XBMC-SAGETV script logs that it is reading the response and that's it.

I did some more tests and found two things. First, this only seems to happen with shows that I have set to manually archive (the local and national news). Second, if I quit XBMC and wait a couple of minutes, that seems to kick the script out of it's catatonic state.

I was looking through the config.xml file to see if there was some way to just disable the json call all together, but I didn't see anything obvious. I have XBMC set to update the library every hour, so I really wouldn't miss the auto triggered updates that much.

Quote:I don't think i'll do much more development on this. Sage is dying and Google hasn't made a single comment on if they are going to revive it or just steal some of the code and let it die. I've already started on some FTR integration tests. It's free, open, scalable, and already has PVR integration into XBCM-PVR branch.

Yea, I'm trying to get this setup to work for another year until (hopefully) the PVR branch is merged into the main branch. Isn't the current PVR branch based on an older version of XBMC? Having used Eden for a couple of weeks now, I don't think I could go back.
Just to let you know, I figured out a way to get everything to be stable. I turned off the external JSON and HTTP interfaces (this tool was the only thing using them), and now everything runs correctly. For some reason getting no response to the JSON request is OK, but getting one from Eden isn't. Anyway, this will allow me to limp through until I migrate to something else. I appreciate all the work you've put into this. It had made XBMC usable for us.

BTW, to replace the quick library updates, I updated the XBMC Library Auto Updater to allow you to do some more advanced scheduling. So I now have SAGETV-XBMC running at 10 minutes past and 40 minutes past the hour and then have XBMC updating my library at 15 minutes past and 45 minutes past the hour. I've asked robweber if he wants to see the changes and potentially incorporate them into the main release.

It's a little more brute force, but it does work.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SageTV Integration - Movies and TV Shows archiving compatible with XBMC1