bug or feature?
hi,
since i've installed rc2 i have the following issue:

i have my compilations read into my music library via an smb share in my home network. if i am now outside and am not connected to my home network, starting xbmc it is updating the library and cleaning those out of the library which is not the behavior before rc2. it is very annoying because if i am back in the home net it is reading them in again.

am i missing something? or is this the behaviour it should have? don't think that this is good!
There is a feature where it cleans out missing files, it is disabled by default though.

Also, the correct behaviour depends on how you view it, the files are not available when you are away, as such they should be hidden.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
but it defintely doesn't looks like it only hides the missing, because even when there is no change in content it is downloading album informations and that stuff again.

could i had activated this feature by accident? how?
i really don't like it because i couldn't show other people (and by people of course i mean girls) what the whole content at home is... (the hide feature also wouldn't be good for this)
its called clean database in settings, and update will scan and may look like its downloading but its not necessarily that it do.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
yeah...
... i'm not using xbmc since yesterday. "clean library" has to be activated manually. by doing this it is cleaning everything out of the library that isn't present at this moment. thats clear to me and not the problem.

the problem is, that it is doing this automatically, during updating the library at startup. have already investigated it (in the past days) by starting xbmc on my laptop in university and everytime it cleans out the stuff (only in music library) that isn't currently present. thing is that movies and tv shows (which are also stored in home network) aren't effected by this.
and when i am back at home xbmc loads all those compilations in again, which takes nearly an hour.

if you need a log, the soonest i could provide it would be monday, even if i don't think a log could help at this point.

cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
bug or feature?0