Vostok, a XBMC-skin by Inertia_
(axious @ jan. 13 2005,08:45 Wrote:is there anyway you could have an added background? for some choice. whilst i like it, it seems to "dominate" the front page a bit too much, and takes away the feel of a "media centre". perhaps a choice of backgrounds in the package? i don't know. it's up to you Smile

after a bit of confusion, i managed to use the "sub" sectons at top and bottom of screen, by simply keep going left on my remote. got there in the end. Smile

i have my remote set up so that when i press 0 it brings up the "shutdown, restart etc". this comes up as small white words. (see screebshot below) any chance of a highlight with it, to enhance it?
i meant to sort out a selection of alternative wallpapers for the website but never got round to it. i'll do it tonight if i can get a few rather important things out of the way first.

the navigation issues as regards subsections is something i need to think about. for the moment, that was the only way i could really get everything to 'work', but i'm sure there's a better way to be found.

regarding the shutdown... menu - it's down on my todo list. i'll probably use icons similar to those in the video osd so you'll have no problems with visibility.

thanks for the comments.
thx inertia_ looking good though :kickass:
is this skin incredabley large on screenshot it looks fine, but when using it on the tv in pal 16:9 the games tab is missing part of the g
xbox 1.6 "crystal" uxe softmoded, xbmc dashboard "cvs" updated weekly, 250g hd upgrade
(ren @ jan. 13 2005,20:58 Wrote:is this skin incredabley large on screenshot it looks fine, but when using it on the tv in pal 16:9 the games tab is missing part of the g
noted. will take a look and correct it.
heeeh! my favorite ux skinner has moved on to xbmc skinning, a gift from the gods indeed. i really really like the looks of this upcoming skin, the colortheme reminds me of inertia unleashed which as i've said before is my favorite ux skin.. great work i'm really looking forward to the end product.. sorry i didn't have anything constructive to say.. but i'm a fan, so just by being that it should be good enough Smile
cheers and good luck!
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/love_tropicana/
audioscrobbler.com + xbmc = happy kids!
so..any new updates on this skin? :idea:
wow...fan-freakin-tastic! i love it! beautiful lines and all! i have 4 skins installed... pm1 and pm2 mce 2005 and yours! thats like an award in my book! :kickass: :thumbsup:
check the site for more of my patches covers etc!
http://www.hierarchyproductions.com
please tell me theres a 1080i mode!

so far i've seen no skin i prefer over the project mayhem ones.. this how now changed! i'm currently running one my friend gave me beginning with "c" (not at home right now) and its nice enough, but this looks stunning and is exactly how it should look. i adore those massive fonts on the main menu!

and defo loving the background.png axious posted, makes it look even better (the halo graphic doesn't do an awful lot for me as i don't really play games on my xbox!Wink

bravo, can't wait to see it running.

edit:

woop, 1080 mode is there :d some probs tho, the xbox (music etc) logo in the top left is badly crushed.. i'll make some notes tomorrow as i'm going out soon, but i've noticed a few off things. it looks ace! the .txt mentions background.pngs on your website, but i couldn't see any there.. a future thing?
looks good. will there be a blue version? Cool
sorry about the delay in getting this thing finished, guys. i got a new job and it's just consuming my time; i literally have no time at all to work on it. still, at least the beta was about 90% there.

if anyone's interested in adding to it or working on other resolutions then let me know - i have all the artwork etc right here and don't mind sharing.
Question 
(inertia_ @ feb. 22 2005,21:50 Wrote:if anyone's interested in adding to it or working on other resolutions then let me know - i have all the artwork etc right here and don't mind sharing.
@Inertia_, if you like to make your skin open source (under gpl) then you are welcome to join the xbmc skinning project (as long as skin don't violate any copyrights),
the xbmc skinning project is a sub-project of xbmc, it has its own sourceforge.net project site where like mined skinners & graphic artist can help each other), pm me.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
is there gonna be some updates to this skin soon? or is it dead?
bump

any if anyone does revive this please try and port it to 1.3, the download version is 1.2 Smile
:bowdown: so awesome! :bowdown:
incompatible skin. we require skins of version 1.30 or higher, i just looked @ your skin.xml and it is v1.22 - xbmc changelog of 15-12-2005 changed: skin version updated to 1.85 (version 1.3 skins still run, but skinners need to update)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vostok, a XBMC-skin by Inertia_0